Looking at the rate of new apps per day it looks like there's just one person manning the test house at RIM.
    06-17-11 10:48 PM
    Looking at the rate of new apps per day it looks like there's just one person manning the test house at RIM.
    Yeah, LOL, and look what gets approved...

it is getting really frustrating... but I have some little patience left ...
    06-18-11 02:44 AM
    I just sent a message to @BlackBerryHelp on Twitter asking them to check into why this app approval is taking so long. Hey, they asked if they could help me with anything!

Maybe if we all do it, they might the picture. I just told them this was a REALLY important app for lots of user and I'd appreciate of they could escalate the approval request. It's messed up that there is not one decent IM app out for the Playbook yet when this one was submitted back in May..
    06-18-11 07:27 AM
    I just sent a message to @BlackBerryHelp on Twitter asking them to check into why this app approval is taking so long. Hey, they asked if they could help me with anything!

Maybe if we all do it, they might the picture. I just told them this was a REALLY important app for lots of user and I'd appreciate of they could escalate the approval request. It's messed up that there is not one decent IM app out for the Playbook yet when this one was submitted back in May..
    I also submitted a message to BlackBerryHelp @ Twitter... Hopefully it helps.
    06-18-11 07:52 AM

I sent a message to @BlackBerryDev asking about IM+ being held up
    06-18-11 12:19 PM
    use https://imo.im/
    eduardo53 likes this.
    06-19-11 09:40 AM
    looks kool but i want a app... a official app!! What is taking soooo damn long?? Me too i'm running out of patience...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-11 10:14 AM
    I'm pretty sure that IM+ is not approved cause RIM is working on a native chat client for the playbook. Like WebOS (webOS Skype integration revealed in screenshots -- Engadget)
    It would be great to see the statut of your contact on different chat platform when you check his contact card.

RIM is not stupid, with a wanted expensive app like IM+ they could earn lot of cash, but I'm sure a suprise is coming with the email client
    06-20-11 07:30 AM
    I'm pretty sure that IM+ is not approved cause RIM is working on a native chat client for the playbook. Like WebOS (webOS Skype integration revealed in screenshots -- Engadget)
    It would be great to see the statut of your contact on different chat platform when you check his contact card.

RIM is not stupid, with a wanted expensive app like IM+ they could earn lot of cash, but I'm sure a suprise is coming with the email client
    I wouldn't be so quick to jump to the conclusion that it hasn't been approved because of some bad intention on RIM's part. I thought the same thing about aMail, and then when i bought the beta bar file it was clear to me that the app really wasn't ready for release yet..

I wish aiFlex would give us all an update. It seems like they have gone radio silent for a few weeks..
    06-20-11 08:01 AM
    We don't even have native email yet and we are talking about native chat? Come on that doesn't make no sense... Why no native chat app on our bb's? I mean im+ is available for bb's it should be available for playbook too!! Who knows if we really gonna use the native one (if it really excist)... My torch have native maps and it sucks a** big time!! If the native chat app is the same quality as the native maps app they should just canceled the project and aproove im+ already...

Sent from my iPad 3G using Tapatalk
    06-20-11 09:27 AM
    The difference between aiFlex and Shape is Shape has a proven track record and probably wouldn't deliver outright crap for approval.

06-20-11 12:01 PM
    Bump. We can't let this mystery go unsolved.

06-25-11 12:48 AM
    im starting to get real fed up with rim... i bought my pb almost a month ago and only found 3decent apps gee reader, weather eye, and journal de montreal...90 % of the apps in appworld are trash!!! I feel like smashing my pb on the floor seriously... No wonder i used my ipad 3G all day yesterday...

06-25-11 09:01 AM
    If you only found 3 "decent" apps then you must not be looking hard enough.
    06-25-11 09:34 AM
    im starting to get real fed up with rim... i bought my pb almost a month ago and only found 3decent apps gee reader, weather eye, and journal de montreal...90 % of the apps in appworld are trash!!! I feel like smashing my pb on the floor seriously... No wonder i used my ipad 3G all day yesterday...

really apple app world and android market suffer the same glutted market full of junk. Its just right now there are more exciting apps among the junk apple/android. Eventually PB will have some more useful apps but that was a known weakness going in.
    06-25-11 12:46 PM
    Maybe you only found 3 because too many people want others make apps for them for free. (whilst many complain at work that they don't make enough)
    Much of this thread has been about wanting someone to give up their time to make an app when most people on here received enough of an education to read and write and could make their own apps to give away.

06-25-11 12:49 PM
    If you only found 3 "decent" apps then you must not be looking hard enough.
    i was more talking about my personal taste... i know there's apps that people will use that i won't and that's fine... i just want more mainstream apps...

06-25-11 12:57 PM
    To me this is unacceptable. I've had their back with many of the things they're getting torn apart in the media for but it's slowly getting to the point where they're making it extremely difficult to defend them anymore. More than likely they're sitting up there on their thrones at this very moment going "mehhh, what do customers really know about running a phone business" but this is obvious damn stuff. The app's (and a few others) been on the chopping block for more than a month for a platform that frankly is in dire need of quality apps -- and every day that goes by, and with every additional BMI calculator they spit out in CrapWorld, they're only sinking themselves deeper and deeper.

If the holdup has to do with issues within the app itself Shape needs to say something. Doesn't appear to be the case though.
    06-25-11 06:49 PM
    has anyone heard if the IM+ app will ever be coming? :S
    06-25-11 07:15 PM
    has anyone heard if the IM+ app will ever be coming? :S
    According to the developer it is. See previous posts in this thread.

06-25-11 10:25 PM
    To me this is unacceptable. I've had their back with many of the things they're getting torn apart in the media for but it's slowly getting to the point where they're making it extremely difficult to defend them anymore. More than likely they're sitting up there on their thrones at this very moment going "mehhh, what do customers really know about running a phone business" but this is obvious damn stuff. The app's (and a few others) been on the chopping block for more than a month for a platform that frankly is in dire need of quality apps -- and every day that goes by, and with every additional BMI calculator they spit out in CrapWorld, they're only sinking themselves deeper and deeper.

If the holdup has to do with issues within the app itself Shape needs to say something. Doesn't appear to be the case though.
    I AGREE WITH YOU TOTALLY.. and those who are constantly defending R.I.M on this forum needs to wake up and get a reality check. The PB should'nt have been released this far from completion. They should have waited until they had some core apps on board. This wait until the summer crap is getting old. its 105 degrees where I live so summer is here wheres the Android apps? Its a Big Mp3 player as of right now. R.i.M should have had a core of their own internal developers create basic apps from the start since they had no support from 3rd party app developers. I remember owning a videogame system back in the 90's the 3do and Dreamcast, they both were powerful gaming systems at their time but they had no developer support which killed those systems off immediately and if Rim doesn't get it together quickly the playbook will be headed to the tech graveyard. With no Developer support there will be no Playbook they put the cart before the horse on this one, they should have had developer commitments before even releasing this thing. Its bad business.
    06-26-11 12:56 AM
    thanks semicoln, i just didnt want to read through the whooooolllle thread! thanks!!
    06-26-11 10:00 AM
    I AGREE WITH YOU TOTALLY.. and those who are constantly defending R.I.M on this forum needs to wake up and get a reality check. The PB should'nt have been released this far from completion. They should have waited until they had some core apps on board. This wait until the summer crap is getting old. its 105 degrees where I live so summer is here wheres the Android apps? Its a Big Mp3 player as of right now. R.i.M should have had a core of their own internal developers create basic apps from the start since they had no support from 3rd party app developers. I remember owning a videogame system back in the 90's the 3do and Dreamcast, they both were powerful gaming systems at their time but they had no developer support which killed those systems off immediately and if Rim doesn't get it together quickly the playbook will be headed to the tech graveyard. With no Developer support there will be no Playbook they put the cart before the horse on this one, they should have had developer commitments before even releasing this thing. Its bad business.
    Exactly the playbook looks great...until it get past the splash screen and you realize that it does nothing that a $199 netbook can do twice as good.
    06-26-11 10:52 AM
    The thread about IM+ for PlayBook on the Shape Services forum has been locked!
    06-27-11 04:23 PM
    that's not a good sign... maybe they are scrapping the project because of rims slow *** of approving the app...

06-27-11 05:46 PM
212 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD