09-28-11 09:19 PM
212 1234 ...
tools
    nice cant wait!
    06-05-11 01:36 AM
    RIM is driving me nuts with this. It seems like they are totally asleep on the job over there other than these lame tweets they send out about "show us a pic u took with your BB" or #BBMflirt nonsense. I know a lot of you long time Blackberry users are used to this but I'm not so it is getting to me. Why would they possibly be holding up IM+ in AppWorld? Let them charge what they want and let us decide to buy or not. If they have a competing product, get the damn thing out in the world already! Besides, having a competing product doesn't mean you should choke off other products since you control the distribution mechanism. That is just plain Apple style evil. And god only knows what could be going on with Kindle!!!

I started out calm and patient but the more I hear about this kind of BS and the longer we get strung along on the same OS version the closer my head gets to exploding.
    06-05-11 02:49 PM
    RIM is driving me nuts with this. It seems like they are totally asleep on the job over there other than these lame tweets they send out about "show us a pic u took with your BB" or #BBMflirt nonsense. I know a lot of you long time Blackberry users are used to this but I'm not so it is getting to me. Why would they possibly be holding up IM+ in AppWorld? Let them charge what they want and let us decide to buy or not. If they have a competing product, get the damn thing out in the world already! Besides, having a competing product doesn't mean you should choke off other products since you control the distribution mechanism. That is just plain Apple style evil. And god only knows what could be going on with Kindle!!!

I started out calm and patient but the more I hear about this kind of BS and the longer we get strung along on the same OS version the closer my head gets to exploding.
    proof its being held up? nope didnt think there was any, standard app approval time is 7-10 workin days, which its short of that right now.

im sorry but people need to realise approvals take time. this is why you see people go `my app is now available` rather than its been submitted.

plus from a personal standpoint until someone can come up with any chat app that has notifications (like bridge style in top left) then i`ll stick to my nice free ebuddy.com which does multi client chats.
    06-05-11 03:20 PM
    proof its being held up? nope didnt think there was any, standard app approval time is 7-10 workin days, which its short of that right now.

im sorry but people need to realise approvals take time. this is why you see people go `my app is now available` rather than its been submitted.

plus from a personal standpoint until someone can come up with any chat app that has notifications (like bridge style in top left) then i`ll stick to my nice free ebuddy.com which does multi client chats.
    We will see. I wouldn't be surprised if it easily blows past 10 days and we don't see or hear anything. According to the developer, it was submitted on 27 May, correct?
    06-05-11 03:25 PM
    I don't think they are intentionally holding apps up. I was feeling like you when the discussion got started about how long it was taking for RIM to approve aMail, written by aiFlex, the same guys who wrote the amazing aVNC client..

Then I paid a few bucks to have a .bar file of aMail to try out while we wait. I'd say the app isn't really ready for prime time yet, honestly.. It's not terrible. Don't get me wrong, but it is far from a real solution for local email, in my opinion.. I have it still installed but I don't use it at all. I'm looking forward to an update that gives us email formatting and a few other needed features..

My point here is not to slam the guys at aiFlex at all. I love aVNC and I'm quite confident aMail will get to where it needs to be. My point is only to say that this experiences has given me reason to pause and question my original assumption that RIM was purposefully delaying the release of aMail for their own selfish reasons. If the build of aMail that aiFlex gave to us beta testers was not as polished as I expected, and this was delivered to us almost a full month after the original build was sent to AppWorld, then maybe there were some legitimate issues with the original app that caused RIM to withhold approval. Who knows?

I'm also ready for an OS update. PLEASE let us organize our bookmarks, RIM!!!
    06-05-11 03:31 PM
    We will see. I wouldn't be surprised if it easily blows past 10 days and we don't see or hear anything. According to the developer, it was submitted on 27 May, correct?
    according to their facebook page the app have been submitted on may 19... that's about 20 days now... how long do we have to wait damn it??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Marcel38 likes this.
    06-08-11 10:54 PM
    Another one of those apps that just never seems to get approved...
    06-08-11 11:00 PM
    I want IM+!
    06-08-11 11:27 PM
    The approvals in general seem slower lately. Have had a theme in approval for like 3 weeks...

06-09-11 12:09 AM
    My app updates get approved really fast though! A matter of days really.
    06-09-11 12:31 AM
    I hope it has video chat integrated!!! That i would pay for!!!

___

Never heard of this company/program before.
    06-09-11 12:46 AM
    I feel like whatever apps may have some type of native support rim is holding on to releasing them until the native apps come out. Personally I disagree with this tactic since developers have beat rim to what they should have released by now but its rims product sucks for us but hopefully these good apps will be released soon.
    06-09-11 12:53 AM
    What evidence do you have that RIM is purposely holding up on apps that are in a potential area for them to compete? Are you referring to the aMail experience? Have you tried the beta?
    06-09-11 05:48 AM
    How is this different than the IM+ I am already using ? It works just fine. This is a specific app for PB for example ? The other is web based app that is general ??
    06-09-11 10:06 AM
    My app updates get approved really fast though! A matter of days really.
    Updates are approved much faster than new submissions though

06-09-11 11:19 AM
    How is this different than the IM+ I am already using ? It works just fine. This is a specific app for PB for example ? The other is web based app that is general ??
    This is a Playbook version.

06-09-11 11:29 AM
    The web app does work reasonably well.. ..for a web app.

Meaning, it doesn't work at all if it isn't the browser page in the foreground.

The lack of multi-tasking, and the ability to leave the app up in the background with full functionality, is the main reason I'm looking forward to the PB app version, personally..
    06-09-11 11:42 AM
    Excellent point. Unlike aMail I hope we dont' wait in vain for this.....
    06-09-11 11:48 AM
    What evidence do you have that RIM is purposely holding up on apps that are in a potential area for them to compete? Are you referring to the aMail experience? Have you tried the beta?
    Theres no concrete evidence just my personal opinion and what it seems like. Don't get me wrong I love my playbook and have no problems but i was just going off of input from different developers who have submitted apps and haven't gotten any response from rim. Maybe their approval process is very strict (better for us). And def not referring to AMail not interested in their app since I use bridge anyway but in that regards you are correct it seems like the mail app is gravely flawed from peoples reviews and bad experiences. Only limited features work. I am assuming larger developers like im+ would have a more solid piece of software before submitting it to rim for review but who knows its all assumptions.
    06-09-11 03:34 PM
    Right. I guess we can now safely assume that IM+ is as much vaporware as AMail.
    06-16-11 08:16 PM
    can't believe this isn't out yet lol
    06-16-11 09:30 PM
    It really is unbelievable. I guess someone needs to see if we can get official word from Shape about it?

EDIT: I just posted to their forum asking if there were any updates. Post needs to be approved, we'll see what happens...
    Last edited by semicoln; 06-17-11 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Adding update about post to IM+ forum
    06-17-11 12:02 AM
    really annoying to see so many crappy apps appear in appworld, while this is quality software... IM+ is used for twitter also, rim hurry up please, you are way to slow with the PlayBook ... we are waiting to use your hardware like it should be but you are slowing down everything ...I mean, come on, the app is submitted weeks ago ..
    must agree with pricing, quite high but i also confirm that the software they make is really good.
    06-17-11 04:58 AM
    Victoria at Shape responded to my request for an update on the status of IM+ for PlayBook:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:33 pm

IM+ for Playbook is still waiting for approval in Blackberry AppWorld.
    IM+ Forum • View topic - IM+ for the Blackberry Playbook
    06-17-11 05:28 PM
    One more problem of RIM: not enough manpower for checking all the software. Of course it's not as easy as saying "ok" - they will have to check the source code for malicious code... takes some time.
    06-17-11 10:41 PM
212 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD