I know everyone is waiting for this app, but Shape is the one that programed it wrong. Shouldn't they go back to the end of the line behind everyone who coded their app correctly?

I know people want this app, I'm just trying to look at fairly.
    They didn't program wrong, according to Shape they forgot to include the EULA.

RIM dropped the ball by not letting Shape know this or responding to their inquires
    about what the hold up was.

RIM did not respond until Crackberry put it on the front page and folks
    asked RIM about it.

If it is a small problem, such as this was, no they shouldn't go back to the end of the line.
    RIM should work with the Dev's to make things happen. Not penalize or ignore them.

Tim
    08-12-11 11:53 PM
    Wait... IM+ is still not released on the PlayBook? Ouch. I had assumed that once RIM acknowledged the error that occurred, that it would have been released quickly.
    08-13-11 05:12 AM
    Shouldn't they go back to the end of the line
    Is there really a line? Seriously?

To me it seems like one or two apps are released a day on average.

I conclude this based just on looking at the newest app section. Some of those apps aren't very new.
    08-13-11 05:47 AM
    Come on Tim and lawguy you know what I was talking about. Shape forgot something they were supposed to have. Doesn't mean their approval should go ahead of another developer that did it right. But Tim I do agree RIM should communicate better.

And lawguy some days there are way more in the newest section but you are right I would say on average there are 3 new apps a day.

I guess I agree to a point with you guys but I believe what happened to HaTaX is way worse than what happened to Shape.
    08-13-11 07:40 AM
    Didn't Shape submit the app originally 5 months ago?

RIM is never gonna aprove it. Now that I have the Android player I can used those apps but its just crippled enough that forgetting about RIM isn't a serious option. The tablet is great but others are just more useful and THAT is the bottom LINE.
    08-13-11 07:42 AM
    Didn't Shape submit the app originally 5 months ago?

RIM is never gonna aprove it. Now that I have the Android player I can used those apps but its just crippled enough that forgetting about RIM isn't a serious option. The tablet is great but others are just more useful and THAT is the bottom LINE.
    Off topic but I played with a HTC Flyer yesterday and I felt very jealous of it. This is coming from someone who does not like Android very much.
    08-13-11 08:25 AM
    The 15th is when shi*s going to get real apparently. I hope Shape does some bashing or RIM releases the damn thing.
    RIM's either holding out, or the App has vulnerabilities. Either way, the answer is coming.
    08-13-11 10:52 AM
    After so many promises and delays, still no IM+ from shape-services released on AppWorld

Shame On you RIM! (Sorry guys&girls, but my patience is over with this)
    psiclne likes this.
    08-15-11 10:43 AM
    yaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwn, still nothing, embarrassing.
    08-15-11 05:55 PM
    After so many promises and delays, still no IM+ from shape-services released on AppWorld

Shame On you RIM! (Sorry guys&girls, but my patience is over with this)
    This really has become a joke.
    08-15-11 06:53 PM
    I really wonder what the heck is up with this??
    08-15-11 09:52 PM
    I thought it was going to go down between Shape and RIM today?!
    08-15-11 09:58 PM
    according to shape i thought so 2, at this point they should just say **** rim if they havent already, as irritating as some of us can get as consumers i cant imagine how the devs at shape feel.
    personally with the 9930 on its way tomorrow, im+ seems like a great idea to make use of for the killer keyboard.
    i hope shape raises some ****.
    08-15-11 10:08 PM
    I was really excited to see what was going to happen on monday. Too bad Shape didn't do anything. Someone needs to. All the complaining on here has done nothing it seems, yeah i know I said "on here". We know they do watch what people on here say though. Maybe another front page blog post would force them to communicate with their users.
    08-16-11 05:31 AM
    It seems RIM is continuing to screw the pooch on this one:

https://plus.google.com/103256603922535646585/posts
    08-16-11 02:54 PM
    Not at all surprising at this point.
    08-16-11 03:04 PM
    This (and a few other reasons) is putting me in a deep PlayBook depression. I can't believe I spent $600 on this thing and it is barely any more useful than when I bought it in April.
    08-16-11 07:46 PM
    For those who don't know, here is the link to the app information including screen shots from Shape's website. Please note, this is not a link to the actual app - it is NOT available yet.

IM+ for BlackBerry PlayBook :: BlackBerry :: Products

Also, here is the most recent post from a Maria at Shapeservices that was posted August 6th on their forums when someone asked what was the hold up:

"We can not provide the time frame for approval as it doesn't depend on us. Yes, we are hoping for it to be approved shortly but we can not confirm when exactly it will be approved, as it's not us testing and approving it.
    Maria
    ShapeServices Support Team
    http://www.shapeservices.com"

As other's have said, the ball is completely in RIM's court so any criticism, comments, and so forth should be directed to RIM as to why there is a hold up.
    08-16-11 08:14 PM
    i think berryreview put up another article about the hold up.
    08-16-11 08:18 PM
    i think berryreview put up another article about the hold up.
    I just read that ^
    This is really starting to get a bit ridiculous. We have told you in the past that Shape Services IM+ has been waiting for approval in App World since June 2nd of this year. The last time we mentioned it the app had been waiting for approval for 2+ months and RIM finally responded that it would be approved within 5-10 business days. That was 15 days ago. I get that RIM might be a bit busy with all of the BlackBerry 7 device launches but this is getting ridiculous. It has been well over 3+ months since the app was submitted to App World and VP level execs at RIM have been involved.

This is truly a shame since RIM is going to such lengths to encourage BlackBerry development and entice more developers to create BlackBerry apps. Shape is one of the most well known BlackBerry developers since 2003 and they are waiting months for their app to be approved. Its not even like the app competes with a RIM native app or does not perform a useful function. It is a multi platform chat client for the PlayBook. In other words an app that would probably easily become one of the best selling apps on the PlayBook.

I pinged some of my contacts at RIM about the issue and hopefully this time they will finally get it approved. Still from what we have heard from Shape this has already been taken pretty high up at RIM. Maybe RIM is going for a record of "Longest time we can make a developer wait for their app to be approved" for the 2011 BlackBerry Developer Challenge�

Thanks Del for pointing out the update from Shape�s Maria Dyatlova

IM+ for PlayBook Stuck in App World Approval Limbo for 3+ Months - BerryReview
    08-17-11 12:13 PM
    Also, another blog site picked up the story and posted a nice article that shows the email communication from start to finish: im-possible: RIM: Silence of the Lambs

As a developer I'm pretty fed up with their procedures involving App World, and specifically how they seem dead set on stalling PB apps they don't want to eclipse their offerings (which is none at this point). They want the PB dead in the water? That's exactly what they're going to get if they keep this up.

Here's a good question, what would HP be doing if they had developers that were banging at their doors trying to get applications on to their platform? I say this because HP is now frantically trying to make their tablet a viable contender in the market, and they're now reducing the price and trying to get BBY to hold on to their initial order (of which about 10% have been sold so far).

RIM doesn't get it...

/rant
    ericlc2 and trsbbs like this.
    08-17-11 12:37 PM
    CrackBerry needs to shed some more light on this.
    ericlc2 and trsbbs like this.
    08-17-11 12:37 PM
    So they are trying to transition to QNX, make it the future, and this is how they are going to foster the eco-system. Tyler Lessard seems like just another member of RIM management doing more harm than good!
    08-17-11 12:40 PM
    Okay so I can very faintly understand why RIM might be stalling the app because they have their own IM app coming down the pipe. But there's no excuse for the lack of communication about it though. That Lessard fellow not responding to emails is childish and embarrassing for a company of this caliber. Just approve the app and give users the choice, don't say the app will be approved then stop replying to the developer's emails... especially when you're trying to attract as many developers as you can. This kind of behavior is so bad for the company in the long run.
    08-17-11 12:48 PM
    CrackBerry needs to shed some more light on this.
    This could start a riot! You know, like the ones in England.
    Please be careful..

Tim
    08-17-11 01:06 PM
212 ... 6789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD