Check the very last comment. That dev hasn't been approved yet either.

https://plus.google.com/103256603922...ts/CAxYc7LL3b6
    07-22-11 06:24 PM
    I know its not a what people want to hear but if you have the android app player working you can get it up and running on that. Just a way to hold people down until the playbook app is released.
    07-22-11 06:50 PM
    Check the very last comment. That dev hasn't been approved yet either.

https://plus.google.com/103256603922...ts/CAxYc7LL3b6
    Ha. Check the paragraph above that one. Apparently they have no idea that we can sideload Apps?? Uh huh. I guess they dont know about this whole Android Player that just happened.

Hey SHAPE, WE CAN SIDELOAD APPS!!
    07-22-11 11:09 PM
    Ha. Check the paragraph above that one. Apparently they have no idea that we can sideload Apps?? Uh huh. I guess they dont know about this whole Android Player that just happened.

Hey SHAPE, WE CAN SIDELOAD APPS!!
    Why should we have to if there is an app just waiting for approval? RIMM stinks, they want you to purchase then deny you functionality just to save face.
    07-23-11 09:27 AM
    The second they allowed us to pay for and then sideload their apps, however, the .bar files would be hosted and mirrored all over the internet to allow others to install the apps for free. If RIM is serious about approval and doing something here, it would be best for SHAPE to simply wait out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-11 09:54 AM
    Still no approval huh? Curious. And no email app? Or other messaging apps? Are you still puzzled by this?

Hopefully, of the 2000 people just announced they are laying off most are the dead wood that can't seem to get this right. But I feel for those good employees that have to pay for the mistakes at the top.
    07-25-11 09:10 AM
    I hope someone gets an im app approved soon, been trying to use the yahoo browser interface for messenger and it drives you nuts because it constantly refreshes and every time it does the keyboard goes away.
    07-26-11 12:22 PM
    I just use the Android app through the App Player. Works like a charm.
    07-26-11 03:59 PM
    Not sure I want to do that but I do tweek with my computer.
    07-26-11 07:16 PM
    Not sure I want to do that but I do tweek with my computer.
    You will have to do either/or. RIMM will NOT approve email or IM apps until way after theirs are ready and "embedded". If at all.
    07-27-11 09:35 AM
    You will have to do either/or. RIMM will NOT approve email or IM apps until way after theirs are ready and "embedded". If at all.
    Does RIM really not want your avg Joe buying this? No IM if at all? You have to be kidding me. Maybe I should take mine back and get a refund while I still can. I bought it for the portability but if it isn't going to be able to do any normal things people do online what good is it?
    07-27-11 09:57 AM
    I remember I had a problem with its software when I still had Windows 5.0 a few years ago. Their support dept just ignored me. I recently purchased its software for my 9700 on this website. It's version 8...A few hours later it sent me an email saying the new version 9... is out. The wording on the email indicated since it is a major upgrade (from 8 to 9), I have to pay upgrade fee. My replied email regarding the upgrade fee hasn't been answered as of this morning. Reading how RIMM has treated them, I wonder what makes you all supporting this type of company. The first thing that comes to my mind when reading this thread is RIMM is giving them their own medicine.
    07-27-11 10:26 AM
    I think it's been a good two weeks since RIM said that this would be on it's way (in 1-2 weeks) to approval, I think there needs to be a front page follow up story on this.
    Thoughts?
    07-28-11 06:09 PM
    I think it's been a good two weeks since RIM said that this would be on it's way (in 1-2 weeks) to approval, I think there needs to be a front page follow up story on this.
    Thoughts?

WHAT?????

Careful eric. You might sound like you agree with me or something. LMAO.

Best to wait another two week and just say that RIMM probably had their calendar off.
    ericlc2 likes this.
    07-28-11 07:03 PM
    Nothing beats RIM's interpretation of how the calendar works; then again, they never said that it would be 1-2 weeks in 2011. Perhaps they meant 1-2 weeks in 2012, 2013, or more likely 2525!
    07-28-11 07:18 PM
    Nothing beats RIM's interpretation of how the calendar works; then again, they never said that it would be 1-2 weeks in 2011. Perhaps they meant 1-2 weeks in 2012, 2013, or more likely 2525!
    In the year 2525, if man is still alive, if woman can survive they may find.....

A friggin email app, LOL.

Playbook is turning into a joke all over the internet.
    07-28-11 08:30 PM
    For some reason i feel RIM is waiting for the latest OS update with their BBM/PIM solution before they unleash any good apps such as IM+
    07-29-11 01:31 AM
    Still en route?
    07-29-11 01:33 AM
    in the immortal words of Ted Knight in caddy shack "Well, were waaaaiiiittting"
    07-29-11 09:14 AM
    This is insulting to Shape services, if I were them, at this point, after getting rim's word it was moving along in the process to absolutely nothing, i'd pull the plug on the project and put effort else where.
    07-29-11 09:41 AM
    This is insulting to Shape services, if I were them, at this point, after getting rim's word it was moving along in the process to absolutely nothing, i'd pull the plug on the project and put effort else where.
    I believe from a DEV standpoint they already have. The original post said they had put their AIR developer, originally hired for Playbook development, onto some Android projects instead. That really makes me angry at RIM. No telling what other cool dev projects have been killed, at Shape and other dev shops, because of the way this has been handled by RIM. If I were a DEV lead, I'd have to ask, "Why bother developing for the Playbook if RIM can just screw us over like that?"
    07-29-11 09:50 AM
    What a shame that is.
    They just responded on twitter to me saying they are patiently waiting for the 2 week mark rim has alloted for them, but i thought we were on the 2 week mark?
    07-29-11 09:57 AM
    What a shame that is.
    They just responded on twitter to me saying they are patiently waiting for the 2 week mark rim has alloted for them, but i thought we were on the 2 week mark?
    if you read further down their google page, in the comments the say they needed to revise it as they forgot the EULA, so im guessing the 2 weeks is from when that version was submitted.
    07-29-11 10:16 AM
    IMO that's exactly what aFlex did with the aMail app. He finally go so disgusted he tried to get it out on the side, but then had way too many issues too be able to support.

I've read other blogs (reputable ones, not the usual fanboiz sites) that have indicated that developers are hesitant to work on PB apps at best. And some have dropped efforts that they've begun because they don't believe RIMM will allow independent devs to compete fairly with them.
    07-29-11 11:07 AM
    What I'm doing for now is surfing on my playbook and using yahoo IM on my phone. Would rather only have one out but guess it'll have to do for now.
    07-29-11 12:58 PM
212 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD