I would bet they were not completely honest about submitting to app world...

Ive had 3 apps approved, neither took more than 2 weeks
    Last edited by wfubball; 06-27-11 at 06:27 PM. Reason: spelling
    06-27-11 06:27 PM

Which apps have you created?
    06-27-11 08:17 PM
    Agreed. It tends to take 2 weeks. Even if it got rejected by now enough time for multiple bugfix iterations has passed. New versions tend to get looked at quicker than brand new submissions.

Something is fishy here.
    ericlc2 likes this.
    06-27-11 08:29 PM
    that's not a good sign... maybe they are scrapping the project because of rims slow *** of approving the app...
    They haven't pulled it from their website. It is even on their main page. Doubt they would just throw away the effort because RIM is slow to approve.
    06-27-11 11:06 PM

So you think they lied to us by saying the app was waiting for aproval in appworld?

Sent from my iPad 3G using Tapatalk
    06-28-11 07:26 AM
    So you think they lied to us by saying the app was waiting for aproval in appworld?

Sent from my iPad 3G using Tapatalk
    I would hope not but from experience with app world both on the phone side and the playbook side I'd say its impossible for the app to have been submitted when they claimed and still be "waiting" for approval.
    06-28-11 11:59 AM
    I've checked their Twitter account and according to it IM+Pro was submitted to the App World on the 19 May.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    06-28-11 12:18 PM
    I've checked their Twitter account and according to it IM+Pro was submitted to the App World on the 19 May.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    I'm sure they submitted a version at that time but something happened between then and now. Maybe an OS upgrade broke it or maybe they decided not to publish the app yet for some other reason.

There's definitely something we're not being told because apps just don't take this long to get approved.
    06-28-11 02:40 PM
    I'm sure they submitted a version at that time but something happened between then and now. Maybe an OS upgrade broke it or maybe they decided not to publish the app yet for some other reason.

There's definitely something we're not being told because apps just don't take this long to get approved.
    So am I, I agree that there are some good reasons. I've asked Shape support for an update.
    06-29-11 04:11 AM
    I just saw this tidbit in an article on BerryReview about a delay in the approval of the Panda p2p application:

"Apparrently, Chat/IM application have to go thru a secondary, more stringent review process and it may take some more time for it to be released into App World."

If that it true, it would explain a lot, I think..
    06-29-11 08:59 AM

IMHO...I believe they are waiting for Skype integration and holding off now that the skype kit was introduced...we need to investigate
    07-05-11 11:15 AM
    I guess Skype is coming in 2013? I've pretty much given up on getting any IM on the PlayBook for now. What a shame. It's one of the things that would make the PlayBook tons more useful.
    07-11-11 11:21 PM
    I guess Skype is coming in 2013? I've pretty much given up on getting any IM on the PlayBook for now. What a shame. It's one of the things that would make the PlayBook tons more useful.
    imo.im ?

I agree with you though, I want Chat with system notifications..we probably won't see that until the NDK is released..perhaps BlackBerry is working with Shape Services to do this..you would think if Shape wasn't in contact with BB, they'd be complaining but it's been awefully quiet.
    07-12-11 01:51 AM
    The good thing is they still have info about the playbook on the webpage:

IM+ for BlackBerry PlayBook :: BlackBerry :: Products

Hopefully we'll see something soon.
    07-12-11 04:12 PM
    <spock> Logic dictates that perhaps they screwed up and had to fix critcal flaws in the app and re-submit it. The IM+ PR department would never admit it</spock>
    07-12-11 10:28 PM
    wait for the native app
    07-13-11 06:27 AM
    07-14-11 09:22 PM
    I just saw this tidbit in an article on BerryReview about a delay in the approval of the Panda p2p application:

"Apparrently, Chat/IM application have to go thru a secondary, more stringent review process and it may take some more time for it to be released into App World."

If that it true, it would explain a lot, I think..
    maybe its cus of kik...
    07-15-11 08:49 AM
    I see no reason to blame or suspect Shape, they have no reason to lie when they are selling im+ on 2 other platforms. It's not like they are gaining money from bad mouthing RIM. It's in best interest to sell more of their software on as many systems as they can.

It's all on RIM.
    07-15-11 12:23 PM
    **** RIM, man.
    07-15-11 05:28 PM
    I can't think of a single reason why RIM would be doing this besides moronic incompetence.. It does nothing but hurt them. The one thing that the Playbook really needs to step up its market share is damn good apps.. SHAPE writes damn good apps! And now they have put their Playbook developer on Android projects!

As a Playbook owner, one that even pre-ordered a Playbook sight unseen, and one that defends the Playbook tirelessly on Twitter (@MrSimmonsSr), that makes me so angry at RIM I can hardly see straight. I'd like to find the moron in charge of dealing with this issue within the RIM AppWorld team and smack him upside his silly head..

07-15-11 09:42 PM
    Just a dumb question but, can this app be wrote in html5, being web based and take RIM out of the picture?
    07-15-11 10:01 PM
    if you want to leave your browser running so you can get notifications i think it would have to be the main tab since the browser does not multitask correctly in the tabs
    Dapper37 likes this.
    07-15-11 10:07 PM
    Just a dumb question but, can this app be wrote in html5, being web based and take RIM out of the picture?
    These guys actually have a decent web based version I use all the time at the following URL:

http://plus.im

But I would much rather have a stand alone real app for numerous reasons.. better multitasking, working in the background while I surf being one of the main ones..
    07-15-11 10:42 PM
    Finally a response, 2 weeks!
    Wonder if it'll hold, http://crackberry.com/status-update-...berry-playbook
    07-18-11 04:41 PM
212 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD