For those waiting for IM+ apparently it's already been submitted for approval on the 27th, possibly prior to that, so it's only a matter of time...

Source:
    IM+ Forum • View topic - IM+ for the Blackberry Playbook
    b5m and Maine like this.
    05-31-11 10:26 PM
    For those waiting for IM+ apparently it's already been submitted for approval on the 27th, possibly prior to that, so it's only a matter of time...

Source:
    IM+ Forum • View topic - IM+ for the Blackberry Playbook
    Really looking forward to having this one..
    05-31-11 10:27 PM
    Yeah it looks pretty nice, its great to see some of the anticipated apps start to come in, theres some screen shots on the site too
    IM+ for BlackBerry PlayBook :: BlackBerry :: Products
    05-31-11 10:29 PM
    This is very exciting. Any ideas about the price?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-11 12:05 AM
    I read tentative price $19.99.

Not in 1999 years for me if that turns out to be true.
    06-01-11 12:49 AM
    I read tentative price $19.99.

Not in 1999 years for me if that turns out to be true.
    That sounds about right. Shape Services apps tend to be pricey.
    06-01-11 01:02 AM
    That sounds about right. Shape Services apps tend to be pricey.
    20 dollars for a tablet app is outrageous unless it's some highly specialized thing that's expensive because it caters to a small specific niche.

If it's really that expensive I honestly hope most people will send them a strong signal to stick it where the sun don't shine by not buying it.
    06-01-11 01:09 AM
    I think 20 would be logical for them as they are the only ones who can supply us with an im app as of the moment. I think the demand for this will lead to a quick profit for them. People will shell out 20 bucks for this.
    06-01-11 03:49 AM
    20 dollars for a tablet app is outrageous unless it's some highly specialized thing that's expensive because it caters to a small specific niche.

If it's really that expensive I honestly hope most people will send them a strong signal to stick it where the sun don't shine by not buying it.
    This would then be counter productive for app development for the playbook, as other developers would see that a popular and high demand app is not selling that much on the new platform.
    06-01-11 03:52 AM
    The most I would pay is $10

06-01-11 09:27 AM
    I will simply not pay $20.00 for a tablet app. Most of my PC is freeware application. Anything that IM+ uses is free so why should you pay so much for thet app. MSN etc free on the phone so I see no need to spend $20 on this.

$5 I would consider it.
    06-01-11 09:51 AM
    I will simply not pay $20.00 for a tablet app. Most of my PC is freeware application. Anything that IM+ uses is free so why should you pay so much for thet app. MSN etc free on the phone so I see no need to spend $20 on this.

$5 I would consider it.
    +1 to that.
    06-01-11 10:13 AM
    This would then be counter productive for app development for the playbook, as other developers would see that a popular and high demand app is not selling that much on the new platform.
    If you sell something at a way too high price you're not going to sell a lot. There's a certain maximum price that people are willing to pay for any given product. Just like not many people would buy a $1000 tablet or a $20 hamburger, no matter how good they may be.

If a vendor doesn't understand this mechanism they're delusional.
    They can make great money with an IM app because it's a missing app right now. I'd say the sweet spot would be around 5 dollars. I bet pretty much every PB owner will buy the app for that amount. For 20 bucks I bet only 1 or 2 out of 10 owners will go for it. Less sales. Stupid.

Seriously, 20 dollars is too much for this no matter from what angle you look at it.
    06-01-11 11:37 AM
    It must be stupidly good if they want me to shell out $20, I doubt it is though, I tried on of those bb phone apps they selling and was not impressed, seen better for less money/free.
    I wait and see the reviews or maybe the will give free trials?
    06-01-11 01:58 PM
    They're stuck in the old days where there were not a lot of featured IM clients on various platforms.

This hasn't been true for a long time but their pricing does not reflect it. Same thing goes for RDM+ and stuff like that...
    06-01-11 02:10 PM
    Crackberry often sells the IM+ Talk app for 50% off. I can't imagine them being able to get PlayBook app on special sales due to PB apps only being available through AppWorld.
    06-01-11 02:21 PM
    Crackberry often sells the IM+ Talk app for 50% off. I can't imagine them being able to get PlayBook app on special sales due to PB apps only being available through AppWorld.
    There the web for that!

(you know... instead of there's an app for that )

Im copyrighting this before rim rips it off =P
    06-01-11 02:37 PM
    I would pay simply because IM+ Pro on my 9780 works way better than anything else I have tried (and I only use it for Skype and FB Chat). If any other developers can make a better job of an IM app, good luck to them but so far Shape do what they do incredibly well.

06-01-11 02:42 PM
    FB app already has FB chat for free...
    06-01-11 04:37 PM
    $20 for an IM app..................not happening here esp when most of them are free on computers and smartphones.
    06-01-11 06:00 PM
    Anymore news on this? Is this another one that RIM are dragging their heels with in getting it through the approval process?
    06-04-11 01:35 AM
    Absolutely ridiculous that quality apps like these don't get approved swiftly. If I see another BMI calculator in CrapWorld I'm going to throw my Playbook out the window.

/rant

but seriously.
    Marcel38 likes this.
    06-04-11 02:18 AM
    I'm just wondering if there is a reason behind it. I wonder / hope there may be something really special for us in teh next update. Although I am sure if there were going to be many big name apps then they would have been leaked already.
    06-04-11 03:09 AM
    Anymore news on this? Is this another one that RIM are dragging their heels with in getting it through the approval process?
    Nothing new that i can find, only speculation from here haha. If it does in fact have that 20 dollar price tag on it (i hope not) maybe it is reviewed more thoroughly. Really have no idea but all the silence overall is irritating
    06-04-11 09:02 AM
    I've been really wanting an IM app for PB, but I seriously would never pay for one. I'd rather use web trillian than pay for an IM app. Even if the app worked better and was better designed. Eventually a free one would come out, there might even be one already pending approval as many apps seem to be.
    06-05-11 01:09 AM
212 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD