you talking about 1.7 or OS 2.0 beta?
    Yes, please say what OS you all are on. Thank You.
    11-01-11 04:45 PM
    Despite who's fault it is (RIM/Shape) for the holding of the app and then the price issues, I think you definitely have to hold Shape accountable for releasing an app they hadn't tested on the newer OS...that's just a failure to pay attention to detail right there.

They'll get it fixed though, and all will be right with the world, at least as far as IMs are concerned, once again.
    A quick point on this though. Developers have until February to make their apps OS2 compatible.

No one is supposed to be using OS2 regularly right now. It should only be used on spare hardware as a test platform, or temporarily to see if you need make any changes before February.

As developers, we were really supposed to just build for compatibility on the platform at this point - make sure it works - and go back to OS 1.7
    peter9477 likes this.
    11-01-11 04:47 PM
    It is very questionable what RIM actually tests during the approval process. I discovered this when one of my apps was corrupted during upload to AppWorld, as a result, it would fail to install. Yet this version was released, which tells me that RIM didn't even try to install it, let alone test anything on it.
    It's not even that unclear what they test... they've confirmed in the support forums that, practically speaking, they do NOT do any functional testing other than possibly just launching the app, in most cases.

I'm sure in some cases they go a little further, but there are many past cases demonstrating that they haven't even attempted to catch some rather glaring failures-to-run-at-all.

Developers should not count on RIM for any sort of testing, and users should not assume RIM has done anything to test the apps other than possibly in areas involving copyright or security. Maybe that will change in future... no idea.
    11-01-11 08:20 PM
    IM+ update in appworld downloading now... hopefully that fixes most problem.
    11-02-11 08:11 AM
    IM+ update in appworld downloading now... hopefully that fixes most problem.
    Let us know if it works over bridge. Last I heard it does not.
    11-02-11 08:18 AM
    I'm not referencing the beta OS, especially since its release is pushed off until Feb or later now - that's dead to me...all that matters, as far as I'm concerned, is compatibility with the most recent official OS; as of today, that would be 1.0.7

We've had, what - 2 OS updates since they would've first written this app back in May???
    11-02-11 11:26 AM
    IMO RIM didn't release this earlier because it doesn't work. Shape and everyone on this forum bitched so much, maybe RIM eventually thought "**** it, there you go, see for yourself". Either way, the responsibility for the app not working lies firmly with Shape.
    KermEd and batboris like this.
    11-02-11 06:42 PM
    After todays IM+ update I have GTalk, Facebook and Skype chat working on
    OS2.0.

Works fine for me right now..

Tim
    11-02-11 07:22 PM
    Can you use the voice-call function in skype?
    11-02-11 07:37 PM
    No, this is all text chat - but there is, in the Skype part of the settings, the option to receive voicemail.
    11-02-11 11:07 PM
    After todays IM+ update I have GTalk, Facebook and Skype chat working on
    OS2.0.

Works fine for me right now..

Tim
    Yes, after this update, I have all my accounts working....sort of. Still buggy and temperamental. Seems to wake up and reload when I wake the PB up!
    11-02-11 11:09 PM
    Yes, after this update, I have all my accounts working....sort of. Still buggy and temperamental. Seems to wake up and reload when I wake the PB up!
    I still cant login to yahoo, im+ kept saying that my acc is locked, bt I can login just fine from my bb and from the web. anybody here got any idea I could try?
    11-03-11 01:49 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD