i waited for the price to get fixed which it did (9.99) so i bought it and now it doesnt even work. tried adding my gmail and yahoo accounts and i get a authorization failed window for gmail and a suspended or locked window for both my yahoo accounts. wtf... i tried doing everything all over again and same problem. has anyone else run into this problem?? not sure if im missing something...
    11-01-11 07:38 AM
    yep, mine shows the same thing with the yahoo acc.. also, I can't get it to connect to anything, it only shows the connecting green dial all the time
    11-01-11 08:23 AM
    I wonder what OS this app was first written for, and if it was ever updated/tested in the new OS releases...?

I want to buy this, but I don't have the time/patience to be a guinea pig for them - I'll wait until I start seeing the 'all clear' spread through the forums.
    11-01-11 09:11 AM
    Honestly, RIM's app store and approval process is a disgrace. How on earth they allow to release an application without checking that the right price is advertised vs what it will be finally paid, need 24h to fix it and to make things worst, they didn't even bother on checking that the app properly works? Do the just have a monkey (a proper one, with all respects to them) clicking the keyboard and approving everything they receive? Shame on you RIM!
    Last edited by Enri69; 11-01-11 at 10:01 AM.
    morrsn likes this.
    11-01-11 09:46 AM
    This app was submitted at the beginning of the Summer. RIM gave them the runaround about why it was being held up forever, and I'm sure the developer didn't put any effort into it during that time, and who could blame them. Now RIM is releasing it, probably to throw a bone because of the botched 2.0 release date, and now it doesn't work. I place more blame on RIM for this than Shape. RIM has been blocking apps that do mail, IM, alternative browsers, and I would probably assume Calendar and contacts too, because they compete with yet to be released native features of the Playbook. Why should any developer caught in RIM's development black hole work on fixing issues with new OS if they have no indication if the app will ever be approved?
    11-01-11 09:59 AM
    Well it's been said the approval process takes too long. I think the problem with this app is way back when Shape was trying for approval RIM turned them down due to be seen as a competing with a native product that we still haven't seen.

I assume Shape has done 0 to it since then since they were PO'd at RIM. I have no idea why it is now being released with it in the same state as back then, if it worked like it does now I see why RIM wasn't approving it. Shame on Shape if that is the case.

So Shape did you agree with RIM to release it as is or did RIM just do it without seeing how it worked?
    11-01-11 10:01 AM
    From the way the app has been released (by both parties), we might get an answer by Feb 2012? Hope not, this is not the way to do business, gentlemen.
    11-01-11 10:07 AM
    Not sure if RIM check if apps are working perfectly, ( I have a lot of app who crash randomly) they just check if there is no malware on it, no weird access to your files, and data transmission to a servor in Russia for example...

If the app doesn't work, just blame Shape...
    batboris likes this.
    11-01-11 10:24 AM
    I kinda regret buying this app, it can't connect to yahoo and is slow as ****...
    11-01-11 10:25 AM
    for those whohave downloaded im+ ,isthere skype in there?
    11-01-11 10:25 AM
    I just got it and added 2 google accounts, msn and skype. Facebook would not connect for validation. Only Skype contacts are showing up. WTF is going on? If it's anything to do with 2.0 beta incompatibility, then Shape should have said so!
    11-01-11 11:29 AM
    I just got it and added 2 google accounts, msn and skype. Facebook would not connect for validation. Only Skype contacts are showing up. WTF is going on? If it's anything to do with 2.0 beta incompatibility, then Shape should have said so!
    That makes me laugh.
    11-01-11 11:38 AM
    there is a disclaimer on the dev beta about **** not working. I wouldnt hold shape responsible if it doesnt work with the beta. That would mean that you expect every dev to download and test with the OS 2 beta and then put a disclaimer up. I dont think that is how it works
    KermEd likes this.
    11-01-11 11:53 AM
    @Blacklac - what is it exactly that amuses you?

@howarmat - I do not hold Shape responsible - they have no obligation to make it work just yet with this beta. I am fully aware of the disclaimer and we download the beta at our own risk....but a mention would have been nice, is all I'm saying.
    11-01-11 12:04 PM
    i honestly dont think they checked...in fact i would guess as others have stated it hasnt been touched for 5 months.
    16698624 likes this.
    11-01-11 12:08 PM
    i honestly dont think they checked...in fact i would guess as others have stated it hasnt been touched for 5 months.
    You're probably right...
    11-01-11 12:10 PM
    It is very questionable what RIM actually tests during the approval process. I discovered this when one of my apps was corrupted during upload to AppWorld, as a result, it would fail to install. Yet this version was released, which tells me that RIM didn't even try to install it, let alone test anything on it.

As for the pricing issue, that is entirely up to the dev to just select the right price from a dropdown menu that they want. I won't blame RIM for that. Also, once RIM approves an app, it's not up for sale until the dev specifically goes into the portal to put it up for sale. So if the dev feels their app is not up to snuff, they can choose not to release it for sale.
    BSFA2008 and batboris like this.
    11-01-11 12:23 PM
    Just went over to the Shape forums. Mike from the support team says they are looking into the issues.....
    11-01-11 12:51 PM
    I have Skype chat and Facebook working, but getting the same errors others have
    with GTalk (google talk)

Not cool!

Tim

UPDATE: New version (1.2.2) just came accoss PB App World now GTalk works as well.
    Checking for any other changes.
    So I have Skype chat, Facebook and Google Talk working well now.
    Last edited by trsbbs; 11-02-11 at 10:30 AM.
    11-01-11 01:07 PM
    It is very questionable what RIM actually tests during the approval process. I discovered this when one of my apps was corrupted during upload to AppWorld, as a result, it would fail to install. Yet this version was released, which tells me that RIM didn't even try to install it, let alone test anything on it.
    Initial approvals are different than upgrades though. Upgrades go through much, much faster. I don't think they really test upgrades at all (there isn't any testing house phase status for upgrade versions like there is for new approvals).
    11-01-11 01:27 PM
    Doesn't seem to like my wifi - which has become flaky under 2.0 - so I tethered with my phone and managed to get Skype, Facebook and one of my google accounts working. No luck with my second one and msn...
    11-01-11 01:27 PM
    I'm actually encouraged here. Shape actually released an update to IM+ for Playbook this morning, and they have some very active threads on their own support forum where they seem to be taking user input to heart. Cut the guys a little slack. Now that the app has finally made it to App World, we should only judge them on how they address the issues that come up now that they have a much larger pool of users, and paying users at that.

Shape has always done a great job, in my opinion, of supporting their paying customers, so let's give them a chance to address the issues as they come up. Remember, it was RIM that held up the approval of this app, not Shape, so let's give them a chance to address issues now that the app is actually available to real world users.

Also, if you got charged $19.99 instead of $9.99 then you should contact our customer support -- 1-877-255-2377, [email protected], or https://www.blackberry.com/contact/?ft=generic. They will refund your $10 without any problems!

Also, here is a link to the Shape support forums for Blackberry products:

http://www.shapeservices.com/en/supp...wforum.php?f=4

One last note: You might not have noticed but this app actually has a mechanism for providing feedback and reporting problems. Do a down swipe, select about or something like that, and there is a feedback button with a form that you can use to send in bug reports and such. If you're having issues, use that mechanism and let them know what you're seeing instead of just coming in here and trash talking.
    Last edited by Mojoski; 11-01-11 at 02:05 PM.
    BSFA2008 likes this.
    11-01-11 01:50 PM
    Despite who's fault it is (RIM/Shape) for the holding of the app and then the price issues, I think you definitely have to hold Shape accountable for releasing an app they hadn't tested on the newer OS...that's just a failure to pay attention to detail right there.

They'll get it fixed though, and all will be right with the world, at least as far as IMs are concerned, once again.
    11-01-11 03:24 PM
    I'm actually encouraged here. Shape actually released an update to IM+ for Playbook this morning, and they have some very active threads on their own support forum where they seem to be taking user input to heart. Cut the guys a little slack. Now that the app has finally made it to App World, we should only judge them on how they address the issues that come up now that they have a much larger pool of users, and paying users at that.

Shape has always done a great job, in my opinion, of supporting their paying customers, so let's give them a chance to address the issues as they come up. Remember, it was RIM that held up the approval of this app, not Shape, so let's give them a chance to address issues now that the app is actually available to real world users.

Also, if you got charged $19.99 instead of $9.99 then you should contact our customer support -- 1-877-255-2377, [email protected], or https://www.blackberry.com/contact/?ft=generic. They will refund your $10 without any problems!

Also, here is a link to the Shape support forums for Blackberry products:

IM+ Forum • View forum - IM+ for Blackberry

One last note: You might not have noticed but this app actually has a mechanism for providing feedback and reporting problems. Do a down swipe, select about or something like that, and there is a feedback button with a form that you can use to send in bug reports and such. If you're having issues, use that mechanism and let them know what you're seeing instead of just coming in here and trash talking.
    Thanks mojoski, something we need to do before complaining in a forum. I'm still waiting for someone to say what OS they are running. I will look at Shapes forum.
    11-01-11 04:08 PM
    Despite who's fault it is (RIM/Shape) for the holding of the app and then the price issues, I think you definitely have to hold Shape accountable for releasing an app they hadn't tested on the newer OS...that's just a failure to pay attention to detail right there.

They'll get it fixed though, and all will be right with the world, at least as far as IMs are concerned, once again.
    you talking about 1.7 or OS 2.0 beta?
    11-01-11 04:42 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD