While browsing App World I noticed IM+ as finally added. Check it out. I haven't tried it yet.

Buy IM+ for BlackBerry PlayBook - Download IM+ for BlackBerry PlayBook - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World
    10-31-11 07:51 AM
    i'll wait and see how it works for other people, congrats to us PB owners though
    10-31-11 07:53 AM
    ill pass.. to expensive.
    10-31-11 07:58 AM
    Heey! And only $9.99. A little bit more reasonable than the rumoured $19.99. I may consider this now.
    10-31-11 07:59 AM
    Too expensive..
    KermEd likes this.
    10-31-11 08:18 AM
    Max I'll pay for this is 1.99 or maybe 2.99.
    KermEd likes this.
    10-31-11 08:19 AM
    any skype video chat? thats the only thing thats worth buying
    10-31-11 08:43 AM
    any skype video chat? thats the only thing thats worth buying
    That's what i would like to know too. Don't mind paying for it otherwise i'll pass
    10-31-11 09:03 AM
    I hear no skype video chat! Is there no twitter support? Can this app be accessed via the bridge? I really would like to see an app for the playbook, like social scope!
    10-31-11 10:05 AM
    No free version or trial to test it out on either.
    I'll stick with IM+ for Android (i own a copy so i converted it) for now.
    KermEd likes this.
    10-31-11 10:31 AM
    LOL @ people looking for freebies. Why should this be free? This isn't an official RIM app but from a 3rd party so why should it be free or why should they sell it at a loss? $10 is definitely reasonable for what is probably one of the top 3 IM apps on any platform. I would buy it if I hadn't converted my HP Touchpad into an Android tablet. Maybe when OS2 comes out early next year and I bring my PB out of hiding will I then buy it. I do agree that there should be a free trial of the app to try for a week or so.
    10-31-11 11:07 AM
    I was thinking about purchasing this app but I keep coming back to the fact that messaging on my phone is just easier, always on, and will not suspend in the background.

So to anyone who has purchase the app, does this ignore the standby "feature" of the Playbook, i.e., if you have the app maximized, and dont touch your Playbook for 5 minutes, will the app force the Playbook to ignore the standby feature and it will stay on?

If, it does shut off, do you have any problems with reconnecting when you reawake the Playbook?
    10-31-11 11:08 AM
    When I browse the app in AppWorld, it says on 9,99 but when I go to buy it it says 19,99. Why is this?
    10-31-11 11:21 AM
    When I browse the app in AppWorld, it says on 9,99 but when I go to buy it it says 19,99. Why is this?
    It is due to a difference between what the publishers see and what App World sees in terms of pricing - there is a post by Shape on another thread explaining it. Suffice it to say, the problem will be rectified in 24 hours - wait until tomorrow, and the correct price of 9.99 will be there.
    10-31-11 11:32 AM
    Ah, alright. Thanks for clearing that up.
    10-31-11 11:48 AM
    LOL @ people looking for freebies. Why should this be free? This isn't an official RIM app but from a 3rd party so why should it be free or why should they sell it at a loss? $10 is definitely reasonable for what is probably one of the top 3 IM apps on any platform. I would buy it if I hadn't converted my HP Touchpad into an Android tablet. Maybe when OS2 comes out early next year and I bring my PB out of hiding will I then buy it. I do agree that there should be a free trial of the app to try for a week or so.
    because its a messaging App. IM+ has free versions on other platforms. Lots of non-RIM free messaging Apps out there. Im a fan of IMO.im myself. Wish it had a PB App, even though it works fine through the browser/web App.
    10-31-11 11:51 AM
    Mine shows 9.99.
    10-31-11 11:59 AM
    Quoted from app world description:

"With IM+ you can listen to voice messages from your Skype contacts."

"IM push mode allows you to receive messages even if you close the app (You can switch off this mode in Options)."
    10-31-11 12:04 PM
    When I first heard 19.99, I didn't want it... Now I see it at 9.99 but people get billed 19.99 lol
    I might wait a bit... especially that I see mostly bad reviews in the App World...
    That sucks, I was really looking forward to it
    10-31-11 07:23 PM
    This app would have been great 6 months ago. I am finding a shift in peoples usage from messengers to text messaging. To solve the cross platform messaging most of friends are simply reverting to texting and using their computers less. I might still get it but I would rather have it Bridged through my phone.
    10-31-11 09:53 PM
    If you are one of the users who got charged $19.99 instead of $9.99, I just saw this post on Twitter from Alec Saunders, head of Dev Relations at RIM:

Please contact our customer support -- 1-877-255-2377, appworldbilling@rim.com, or https://www.blackberry.com/contact/?ft=generic. They will refund.

Good information to have. Always wondered how you address problems with billing in App World. They certainly don't make it clear on the App World website!

And for the record, I like the app. They need to make a few tweaks, but overall it does what I expected it to.
    Last edited by Mojoski; 11-01-11 at 07:09 AM.
    11-01-11 07:02 AM
    I don't know why people are moaning so much about im+, yes I understand the 19.99 and 9.99 screw is worth the moaning, but as far as functionality it seems to work as its supposed to, I've had 0 issues.
    11-01-11 12:48 PM
    If you are one of the users who got charged $19.99 instead of $9.99, I just saw this post on Twitter from Alec Saunders, head of Dev Relations at RIM:

Please contact our customer support -- 1-877-255-2377, appworldbilling@rim.com, or https://www.blackberry.com/contact/?ft=generic. They will refund.

Good information to have. Always wondered how you address problems with billing in App World. They certainly don't make it clear on the App World website!

And for the record, I like the app. They need to make a few tweaks, but overall it does what I expected it to.
    Just wanted everyone to know that I have gotten confirmation from RIM that they have initiated a $10 refund. If you got charged $19.99 like I did, contact RIM and they will refund your $10 with no problems!'

And here is Shape's support forum for products for Blackberry forums:

http://www.shapeservices.com/en/supp...wforum.php?f=4
    Last edited by Mojoski; 11-01-11 at 02:01 PM.
    11-01-11 01:57 PM
    All I want is a fully functional SMS and Skype (video) service.
    No Rube-Goldberg stuff, and I don't need all this other chat service stuff either.
    I expected this from day one (when I bought my PB) given the RIM advertising.
    11-01-11 02:53 PM
    I've heard of a ton of bugs and problems with this app. I don't think it should be free either, but claiming 9.99 and charging 19.99 is one thing. Providing an application with a massive failure rate as recorded by a customer base is another.

As a developer, it would be nice to see this developer held accountable for any issues. For 9.99 or 19.99 I would expect premium support and a premium product. Problem is, it sounds like this one is barely useable.

I would not buy this until it was under 3.99.
    11-01-11 04:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD