Anybody found a way to play poker on their PlayBook? I can't believe there's not an app out yet.
    cocothehouseboy likes this.
    07-14-11 12:54 AM
    Zynga Poker on Facebook is pretty good, actually.
    07-14-11 01:04 AM
    If your DYING for a poker app maybe you want to check into rehab?
    Might just save your life!
    domenic_lo_russo likes this.
    07-14-11 05:44 AM
    gin rummy or dominoes
    07-15-11 12:19 AM
    I had fulltilt's mobile site running ok but its been offline the last week or two when i tried.

PG
    07-15-11 11:04 AM
    07-15-11 11:11 AM
    I had fulltilt's mobile site running ok but its been offline the last week or two when i tried.

PG
    LoL - that's b/c they had their license revoked; the entire site is shutdown...welcome to a little bit of what us American poker players have been dealing with since "Black Friday"...sigh
    07-15-11 11:18 AM
    I downloaded the flash version of Governor of Poker and have that as a homescreen icon. Works pretty well if not slightly slow at times. Search around on these forums on how to download SWF files onto your PlayBook if you're unsure how.
    07-15-11 05:31 PM
    Nobody has made one? I'll make one for ya, once RIM shows better than triple digits for the top paid app.
    07-17-11 02:30 AM
    I think RIM has blocked any Texas holdem poker apps because they don't like Texas. Ans they don't want a developer to make too much money.
    07-23-11 12:43 PM
    I think RIM has blocked any Texas holdem poker apps because they don't like Texas. Ans they don't want a developer to make too much money.
    That's...the stupidest thing I've heard in a while.
    07-23-11 09:30 PM
    LoL - that's b/c they had their license revoked; the entire site is shutdown...welcome to a little bit of what us American poker players have been dealing with since "Black Friday"...sigh
    Exactly. I just played for free at Full Tilt while on the road stuck in motels. Maybe soon that whole thing will be cleared up.
    07-25-11 11:36 PM
    According to poker apps the only real money poker app for BlackBerrys is the Bwin Pro app. Unfortunately, it doesn't work with every model of BlackBerry so I haven't been able to test it.

I'm excited that the iPoker Network which is home to Bet365 and Titan Poker are releasing an app in the next couple of months that is web based and will work with any smartphone browser.

There is also speculation that BlackBerrys will also be able to run Android apps in the near future.
    08-15-11 03:34 PM
    Tried the new calshark.com poker app and it works pretty well on the PB. Its a flash player and doesn't fit perfectly, but it worked just fine. Play Money only, but probably a gear up for real money in the near future legalization of online poker.
    10-12-11 10:13 PM
    I have written a pretty good Spades app:
    Buy SouthernTouch Spades - Download SouthernTouch Spades - Buy Games from BlackBerry App World

I'm evaluating the potential for adding Hearts and some poker variant, as well as Backgammon and Dominoes. There's just not enough hours in the day.

For your poker game, do you envision playing against other humans, or just against the PlayBook?

Thanks,

Darwin Pinder
    SouthernTouch Technologies
    slott likes this.
    10-13-11 12:49 AM
    It looks like there will be a few network games out there soon enough. My personal preference is to have some sort of play against the PB version. I've had Aces Texas Hold Em on my Storm for years and its a fun distraction. When asked earlier this year, Aces had no interest in developing for the PB. Thx, and GL if you develop it! I'll go for it.
    10-13-11 08:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD