Haven't used the PB version out and about yet, but the Touchpad version works great for my wife in conjunction with a tether to her Pixi...
    01-13-12 01:53 PM
    Yes you need WiFi. Keep in mind this will allow you to see your work computer while sitting on your sofa at home.
    Unless your company IT office restricts program installation
    01-13-12 10:47 PM
    I just got this today and think it's a gem! I streamed a documentary from Netfix with almost no stutters...there was the odd one but no big deal at all. Played a whole bunch of songs perfectly using Winamp...now I can scrobble with my PB!

I am looking forward to downloading content using utorrent, saving it in my dropbox folder and then accessing it on my PB through Files & Folders. This app has blown the roof right off my PB!!
    01-14-12 12:38 AM
    The other thing I found I can do is play Zynga poker on Facebook. That was the only thing I needed my ipad for so now I can leave it completely alone and do everything on my PB.

For those interested, the gameplay is great on Zynga poker through FB.
    01-14-12 11:26 AM
    Have already asked this on other posts, but...

Can I copy a file from windows machine to the PB

Does audio work both ways (can I use the PB mic on Windows)
    01-14-12 07:02 PM
    Have already asked this on other posts, but...

Can I copy a file from windows machine to the PB

Does audio work both ways (can I use the PB mic on Windows)
    Don't know about the mic aspect.

When I was local to my machine using my wifi, I was able to open an Explorer window for my desktop computer and another Exp Window that is my wifi-sharing ip address thingie and transfer files from the computer to the pb. When I was at starbucks, I could not do it that way since I no longer had direct wifi-sharing with my now remote computer. I guess I could have emailed a file to myself or maybe used dropbox or box.net intermediaries.
    01-14-12 07:35 PM
    I saw the specs for this app... running ATT, 7.1, PB...
    Won't let me purchase it.
    Anyone have any suggestions?
    thanks so much.
    01-14-12 08:11 PM
    I saw the specs for this app... running ATT, 7.1, PB...
    Won't let me purchase it.
    Anyone have any suggestions?
    thanks so much.
    Are you trying to buy this on your PB or BB? This is a PB app.
    cntrydncr223 likes this.
    01-14-12 10:48 PM
    Are you trying to buy this on your PB or BB? This is a PB app.
    ahhhhhhhh, thanks so much!
    I did try to purchase from desktop (app world) with PB plugged in, but it didn't take.
    It worked just fine from PB!

Deepest gratitude... (feeling the love)
    01-14-12 11:07 PM
    so what id like to see is an update that allows the camera and the mic to be used... that would be the perfect update.. other than that, perfect perfect perfect.. i love it..
    01-15-12 09:57 AM
    My screen is not that clear on the PB. Is there a way to fix that?
    Has anyone access there computer on another wifi network besides your own ?
    01-20-12 06:32 PM
    My screen is not that clear on the PB. Is there a way to fix that?
    Has anyone access there computer on another wifi network besides your own ?
    You can make adjustments in the settings
    01-20-12 06:43 PM
    Hi,
    Waht is really needed is VPN connectivity and then I will be allowed to use this with work. Unless I am missing something, the security settings are limited but it does work very well indeed.
    01-21-12 05:20 AM
    this app is fantastic. i can have an extra hour at lunch time as im connectet to the office pc. also if im out with a custumer and pass the office close time i dont have to drive back there to shut the pcs off.

it would be perfect if worked with the bridge connection as im abroad travelling and it would be great to be able to watch the office.

very easy to install either on the playbook and on the pcs.

great
    01-21-12 07:22 AM
    I am getting used to this program...is there any way I can use a mouse on the PB,as my fingers are just not accurate enough?

ANDREW
    01-21-12 08:22 AM
    Folks can use BT mice with the pb but I'm not sure if it works under this program. Someone else might have the answer. I do have to use pinch/zoom a bunch to enlarge areas of the screen so that I can "hit the target" with my finger.
    01-21-12 09:17 AM
    is the latest version 1.7.0.4? thanks
    when playing videos , i get STATIC noises from the playbook audio, anyone else?

when i shut off the app, it crashed my PB lol, now im stuck at the playbook RESTARTING screen logo?

how to HARD REBOOT? thanks
    Last edited by v6pman; 01-21-12 at 09:59 AM.
    01-21-12 09:28 AM
    First try: First, press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.
    01-21-12 03:50 PM
    is the latest version 1.7.0.4? thanks
    when playing videos , i get STATIC noises from the playbook audio, anyone else?

when i shut off the app, it crashed my PB lol, now im stuck at the playbook RESTARTING screen logo?

how to HARD REBOOT? thanks
    There is nothing you can do about the static noise. Spashtop tech is working on the problem as they have recieved tons of complaints from PB users. I got my money back until they fix it. Other platforms have had the same problem. Thats why the price was dropped to 5 bucks from 19
    01-21-12 04:26 PM
    Having now played with Splashtop fairly extensively over the last week or so, I personally am very happy with the program. The last time I commented, I was experiencing some lag and difficulty connecting to my PC from remote locations (as opposed to within my own WiFi network.) Those issues appear to have been resolved by tweaking settings in my firewall and anti-virus program and/or resetting my entire network.

The latency I was experiencing even within my own network has been eliminated. I can connected to my PC from my work WiFi, with equal speed and smoothness. I just streamed an episode of "Face Off" from my home PC to my Playbook while at work, and it worked just fine. I had none of the audio issues some are reporting. The video quality was satisfactory; there was enough distortion/stuterring to be noticeable, not enough to be annoying. That being said, I really don't care that much about streaming video to my PB.

I also experimented with making a connection through my 3G MiFi hotspot. Not surprisingly, the results were less successful. I was able to connect -- most of the time. I certainly wouldn't try streaming videos at this speed, although it was adequate for logging into my PC to email myself some files. I did seem to lose connection after about 5 to 10 minutes.

I never would have paid $20 for this program, but for $5 I consider it to be one of the best apps I have on my PB. A few days ago I realized I had left a phone number I needed on my PC desktop; rather than having to drive all the way home, I was able to quickly connect from work. Things like that alone make this program a wonderful addition to my PB.
    01-21-12 05:16 PM
    this only works on my playbook from my home WIFI but if i leave my house and use anther wifi it cant find my computer...any ideas?
    01-21-12 06:39 PM
    I am getting used to this program...is there any way I can use a mouse on the PB,as my fingers are just not accurate enough?

ANDREW
    yes, you can use mouse with the PB.
    I don't have mine here to test the app itself.

In general, you need a bluetooth mouse paired with the Playbook.
    Or you can wait for the OS 2 release and try the remote navigation and keyboard from your blackberry phone.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    01-21-12 07:38 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD