I'm picking a fight with my Playbook right now because I don't want to pay $1.99 for someone's client that connects to GoogleTalk.

I don't see AIM, GoogleTalk, or any other free chat clients for the Playbook. Maybe there's an OTA out there, possibly something I'm missing.

Any ideas?
    09-27-11 11:06 PM
    here's a playbook app for what appears handles the jabber protocol (googletalk, fb chat, etc

Buy PlayJabber - Download PlayJabber - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World
    09-28-11 04:54 AM
    I'm picking a fight with my Playbook right now because I don't want to pay $1.99 for someone's client that connects to GoogleTalk.

I don't see AIM, GoogleTalk, or any other free chat clients for the Playbook. Maybe there's an OTA out there, possibly something I'm missing.

Any ideas?
    AIM - Chat with all your Buddies & Facebook friends works on the PB.
    09-28-11 08:43 AM
    https://imo.im/

This is web-based - but it works!
    09-28-11 01:16 PM
    https://imo.im/

This is web-based - but it works!
    Yes it works but not well. Just like web based yahoo, windows live etc. work but not well. I haven't tried the aim though.

edit: Just looked at aim, doesn't work with yahoo which is what I want. Oh well.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 09-28-11 at 02:02 PM. Reason: looked at aim
    09-28-11 01:55 PM
    IMO works just fine through the browser for me. For chat alone, atleast. I way prefer it over their BB phone App which doesn't even have push and constantly pulls for data. Sad, they would rather work on Nokia than get BB to work how it should.
    09-28-11 02:22 PM
    IM+ will come to Playbook soon. That's what I need. A native app.

RIM needs to hurry .
    09-28-11 03:44 PM
    IMO works just fine through the browser for me. For chat alone, atleast. I way prefer it over their BB phone App which doesn't even have push and constantly pulls for data. Sad, they would rather work on Nokia than get BB to work how it should.
    Again works for me but not well.

edit: on bridge anyway
    Last edited by kbz1960; 09-28-11 at 04:19 PM. Reason: add bridge
    09-28-11 03:56 PM
    Just curious, what doesn't work "well"?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-11 05:36 PM

imo.im IMO isn't In My Opinion this time.
    09-28-11 06:13 PM

imo.im for me on bridge anyway.
    09-28-11 06:28 PM
    I meant why doesn't IMO work "well" for you. I was just curious.

09-28-11 06:48 PM
    I have it open in tab and do other things in other tabs. I go to check and see if anyone has sent me an IM and it has to reload (get the little bar saying reconnecting). People tell me they don't see me online, hence it needs to reload because it disconnected because I wasn't on it's tab or something I don't know. I'm in showcase and have been since after the first update.
    09-28-11 08:08 PM
    One more example of a user that RIM has let down with their massive cluster f**k on IM+ for Playbook! You're not alone, my brother.

Maybe Alec WhatsHisName, the new VP of DEV relations at RIM that CB posted about today, will get with Shape Systems and get the dang IM+ App World approval issues resolved finally. We've all been waiting since May for this app, for crying out loud!!

I've been sending him polite messages on Twitter today asking him to make it a priority on his new job. I wish everyone else would as well. His Twitter handle is @asaunders and Id recommend tweeting something like this:

@asaunders Could you please make it a priority in your new role to get @implus for #Playbook through App World approval?

UPDATE: Scratch that, guys.. Leave him alone. He's already replied to me and said he's looking into it. Maybe we'll finally get this issue resolved! Screenshot attached!
    Last edited by Mojoski; 09-28-11 at 09:52 PM.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-28-11 09:35 PM
    Lets hope he does !
    09-28-11 09:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD