Just a quick question, a while back I sideloaded the Android Player but when OS2 comes along, I'd like to completely wipe my PlayBook and have a clean install. If I do this, will I have to pay for apps like Angry Birds again on AppWorld, or will it remember that I've previously purchased them and let me reinstall them for free?
    01-30-12 06:30 AM
    No. you only have to sign into your blackberry ID and they will be on 'My World' available for install .. Pleased to help
    BBplaybookJS likes this.
    01-30-12 06:46 AM
    No. you only have to sign into your blackberry ID and they will be on 'My World' available for install .. Pleased to help
    Thank you so much Muhammad, I'm so glad I don't have to pay twice. Good old RIM!
    01-30-12 07:02 AM
    One potential blemish - if the price of the app has changed or has gone from a free version to a paid version, you will have to buy it again. UNLESS you restore from a backup. Now, I don't know if an OS1 backup can be restored to OS2.
    01-30-12 11:25 AM
    Actually that's not quite how it works. If a developer has a released a new version of the app, they have the choice of either making it a paid or free upgrade. If it's a paid upgrade you'd have to pay as App World only lets you download the latest version of an app. Most apps however are free upgrades. Simply changing the price doesn't mean you have to pay.
    01-30-12 02:11 PM
    Thanks thats what I presumed but its nice to have it confirmed
    01-30-12 06:32 PM
    nope. everything you download gets saved into your appworld account
    01-31-12 12:22 AM
    Just a quick question, a while back I sideloaded the Android Player but when OS2 comes along, I'd like to completely wipe my PlayBook and have a clean install. If I do this, will I have to pay for apps like Angry Birds again on AppWorld, or will it remember that I've previously purchased them and let me reinstall them for free?
    That would be an awesome business model for RIM!
    01-31-12 01:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD