Hello All,

On iOS & Android, the 3 Angry Birds games and now the Space one, have a help tool as the Mighty Eagle in Angry Birds Space.

Angry Birds Space requires special APIs to connect to AppWorld and sell Virtual Goods.

Yes AppWorld has Virtual Goods support, also in-app purchases. But does RIM have the suitable APIs for the PlayBook?

As far as I know BlackBerry smartphones do. But what about the PlayBook?
    03-25-12 11:22 AM
    I am not entirely sure but whatever the case, I would definitely want to see Angry Birds on the Playbook sooner than later =D
    03-25-12 11:32 AM
    It would be nice to have them update Seasons before we get Space. But thats just me i guess.
    03-25-12 12:17 PM
    It would be nice to have them update Seasons before we get Space. But thats just me i guess.
    They need in-app purchases API for Virtual Goods first.
    03-25-12 12:23 PM
    If the PlayBook currently cannot configure for the new Angry Birds game I believe RIM will do whatever is necessary to get the game on PlayBook. That is if they made profits from the other Angry Bird games. I believe they did. If it is a software issue then couldn't you download the updates when you download the game. I'm not an IT guy as all can tell but it can't be that difficult.
    03-25-12 03:05 PM
    If the PlayBook currently cannot configure for the new Angry Birds game I believe RIM will do whatever is necessary to get the game on PlayBook. That is if they made profits from the other Angry Bird games. I believe they did. If it is a software issue then couldn't you download the updates when you download the game. I'm not an IT guy as all can tell but it can't be that difficult.
    Rovio can still bring the game as the other 3 versions, but won't be full version as the other 3 too.

There is an Eagle eye, used for helping in hard levels, Rovio gives you 3 free to pass hard levels then you have to buy more. To buy more you have to access the AppStore as in Apple products, to buy the virtual good (Eagle)

RIM has Virtual Goods feature supported in AppWorld, also got API for it on BlackBerry.

But I don't think they've got the API for PlayBook.

What is the API? It is like a sample template, tool to be used so that the Game would access AppWorld, use BBID, Buy the Eagle Virtual Good, get confirmation back from AppWorld about the Purchase and Add your goods.

That's why I hope RIM Included the new API in the PlayBook NDK. Actually don't think they did or there would be no reason the 3 Angry Birds games don't have the Eagle option.
    03-25-12 03:24 PM
    Odd i have never needed a "pass" to beat a level. just go to youtube and see how to get your 3 stars if you are stumped
    Alt-F4 likes this.
    03-25-12 03:33 PM
    Odd i have never needed a "pass" to beat a level. just go to youtube and see how to get your 3 stars if you are stumped
    Whether we need it or not, Rovio offers it, they need to provide us with it because it generates them more revenue.

So on iOS/Android They can place ads, sell Eagles that's a great revenue.

On PlayBook just sell the game!
    03-25-12 04:02 PM
    I want all the levels Android and iOS users have.
    I wont pay for another Angry Birds until the ones ive paid for are up to date. Angry birds birthday levels for standard AB came out 5 months ago. and to my knowledge PB version is the only version not to have them.
    03-25-12 05:02 PM
    Simple fix, go buy an android device!
    You buy a blackberry knowing it cant run angry birds and then complain about it.
    03-25-12 05:34 PM
    Has anyone confirmed this to be usable on the wildfire. I know previous angry birds versions have been laggy even with OC. (At least from my experience)
    03-30-12 10:13 AM
    Took the words outta my mouth lol.. People actually pay real money for this feature? That boggles my mind...
    03-31-12 09:49 AM
    I'm not a very big fan of Angry Birds, but this version would be one of my favorites:

04-04-12 11:37 AM
    I actually think we DO have access to virtual goods. I believe there are some that exist already.

The HTML5 examples provide a payment SDK example.
    04-04-12 12:20 PM
    Run in Crowd has virtual goods, so it CAN be done.
    04-04-12 03:41 PM
    Yeah run in crowd does have virtual goods. I bought the spartan costume to support the developer
    04-04-12 04:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD