I wasn't exactley sure where to put this, but for those of you who enjoy internet radio, and you haven't checked this site out, I thought I'd let you know that Iceberg Radio's new website works perfectly within the Playbook browser.

Iceberg Radio

There's lots of channels of music to choose from. As an aside, I went to their discussion forums and they have indicated that they will be releasing an app for android so I asked them about a Playbook version

PS - Love their chill channel blended in with their trance chanel. Very cool.
    JockBerry likes this.
    11-15-11 12:43 AM
    Also Try JANGO radio
    11-15-11 07:39 AM
    Thanks a lot it is extremely nice, good, cool, etc.
    I love music and I appreciate people like you that let us know about good stuff.
    11-15-11 08:00 AM
    Very cool site, and works great on the PB. I really like the 'blend' feature. Up until now I used Shoutcast.com for streaming music but the streams sometimes are not reliable and cut out.
    11-15-11 08:15 AM
    Very cool site, and works great on the PB. I really like the 'blend' feature. Up until now I used Shoutcast.com for streaming music but the streams sometimes are not reliable and cut out.
    I like Shoutcast as well but I do agree with you that there are some streams that dont work properly in it.

For example, if you listen to Beach House Radio.Com, an ambient/chill channel, it will complete its initial load, play the tagline for the station, but then not play any music.

But if you open this stream from the Tune In radio site, it will play properly. You can also open the stream directly from their website which, in all honesty, is better quality then what happens with Tune In radio.

I guess it's hit and miss depending on what your wanting to listen to.
    11-15-11 09:03 AM
    Edit:

Here is the email I received back from Iceberg Radio concerning the possibility of an app:

Yes we have thought about creating a Playbook version of our Android app, which should arrive sometime in 2012. Unfortunately, we can't give you a more exact date than that.

Thanks for listening! When we do release an Android app, we'll investigate the possibility of creating a Playbook version as well. We'll be sure to post any updates or announcements to our website.

Glad to hear the website works on your Playbook! Thanks very much for listening and supporting us!
    11-15-11 10:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD