It doesn't make sense to me, because:

1) The app store works on our BlackBerry smartphones without Wifi, on our carrier's network?

2) The apps are so tiny in size (I haven't seen many over 3 MB) that they could easily download over bridge.

As I typed #2, I remembered that the Car and Driver app I downloaded was 250 + MB, but, maybe for apps like that, wifi should be a requirement. But I hate how I can't download small apps on my carrier's network.

Anyone else annoyed with this?
    04-27-11 12:31 PM
    i also wonder this. even tethered it will not work. i tether one phone and bridge another at the same time and it still will not work. disappointing....
    04-27-11 12:33 PM
    Because bridge doesnt give you free data through your BB

it gives you free browsing

data apps that require a real data connection do not work
    04-27-11 01:25 PM
    It doesn't even work with tethering (not refereeing to bridge) It should, but it doesn't.

Should work with WIFI and Tethering. My 5 gig tethering plan would be find with it.

Tim
    04-27-11 01:38 PM
    It doesn't even work with tethering (not refereeing to bridge) It should, but it doesn't.

Should work with WIFI and Tethering. My 5 gig tethering plan would be find with it.

Tim
    that's odd. conceivably it could have something to do with the mac address of the phone vs the playbook being picked up by the app world server. though I would have thought it would all be tied to the PIN/bbid.
    04-27-11 02:01 PM
    Its pretty annoying. It prevents you from accessing new apps while on the move.
    05-24-11 09:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD