I don't know about you guys but i use blackberry traffic all the time when i go on trips or just commuting to another city. Since the PB has gps i don't see why they wouldn't make this app for the PB.
    06-29-11 11:04 PM
    It is an awesome app.
    06-29-11 11:15 PM
    Because unless they get it to be BridgeTraffic, it would need wifi - not convenient when you are out and about in a car.
    06-30-11 12:41 AM
    Because unless they get it to be BridgeTraffic, it would need wifi - not convenient when you are out and about in a car.
    Exactly on the data part - But I do think a "Bridge" would be cool
    06-30-11 12:49 AM
    i have a mifi that's with me all the time. for some reason i thought gps would use satellite (like a garmin) and not the usual data service. i dont know much about it though.
    06-30-11 12:57 AM
    They should just make it a bridge app so u don't need wifi. I don't see the app as a high priority right now though
    06-30-11 04:14 AM
    You may see the app if/when a 3g or 4g version comes out. I'd be happy to see both bb traffic and maps as bridge apps.
    06-30-11 06:12 AM
    for some reason i thought gps would use satellite (like a garmin) and not the usual data service. i dont know much about it though.
    To get a basic lat/long value for your current location, GPS does just use satellites.. But Blackberry Traffic does a lot more than get your current location. It has to look for routes, and get updated traffic information, for example.. It is all this other capability that causes Blackberry Traffic to require network connectivity.

Your Garmin device has all of the map data and such loaded into the device and that is why it might not need any network. Blackberry Traffic doesn't have a huge cache of mapping data, and the traffic info obviously has to be downloaded fresh and in real time..

Hope that helps!
    TRlPPlN likes this.
    06-30-11 07:36 AM
    ^^^roger that. It makes total sense how the features of the BT uses the data part. Thanks for the clear explanation. I have some plans on making my PB a media center for my truck and having an app like BT on my PB will be nice addition.
    06-30-11 06:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD