Like it says I cant wait for some native apps, I would like a calendar app that works what I mean adding events and so forth that show it in a month view and not in slide. I have downloaded a few but they all seem to be missing features don't get me wrong I Love the Playbook but it really needs more native apps soon.
    04-25-11 08:03 AM
    I agree it needs apps and a calendar will be one of those that people that do not have a bb will really need. I find that because I have a bb and it works so good with Bridge I am not sure if I would even use a native one..buts again we all have our personal preference. I have a feeling we should see lots of new apps and maybe a few update from RIM this week. Keep your fingers crossed.
    04-25-11 08:26 AM
    I'm am plus with so many apps popping up some of them just look so cheesy so yes bring on more native apps.
    04-25-11 08:33 AM
    RIM has already said that they will have native email, contacts and calendar within 60 days.

Isn't your Bridge working? Mine is constantly on and I always have my email, contacts, calendar and memos.
    04-25-11 08:38 AM
    RIM has already said that they will have native email, contacts and calendar within 60 days.

Isn't your Bridge working? Mine is constantly on and I always have my email, contacts, calendar and memos.
    are links working in your email? mine were not then with the 1710 update the started working and yesterday I had to do a rest and now with1710 links are not working again
    04-25-11 09:32 AM
    I think most people forget that not everyone has a crackberry... I have had Iphones since the 3g and refuse to go back to a bb until it has browser as good as the iphone..

And i manage 40 BB user on a bes.. 9780 almost got me to switch.. Almost.
    04-25-11 10:03 AM
    I think most people forget that not everyone has a crackberry... I have had Iphones since the 3g and refuse to go back to a bb until it has browser as good as the iphone..

And i manage 40 BB user on a bes.. 9780 almost got me to switch.. Almost.
    I used to carry a few different devices, and yes I've had all iphones to date for at least a few days before I gave them away, but now I only carry my Torch. I almost jumped ship before this phone but glad I waited. Its the first BB that I have had no problems with or been looking for a different device to do anything! Try it you will love it.

The apps will come...I thinl 3rd party should be here this week depending on how long RIM takes to approuve.
    04-25-11 10:11 AM
    Most ppl in iDevices never use native calendar (like myself) but instead buy paid 3rd party apps. I guest for Playbook it would be the same.

I would prefer to have a 3rd party app included more features (such as GTD, or 7 habits) than a simple calendar.
    04-25-11 10:38 AM
    are links working in your email? mine were not then with the 1710 update the started working and yesterday I had to do a rest and now with1710 links are not working again
    If you are speaking about links to websites then yes. I did however have a problem opening a PDF attachment but noticed it I had Adobe open then the PDF file would open. I'm sure that's a glitch and will be worked out.
    04-25-11 10:46 AM
    To tell the truth -- and this is probably because I have a BB -- I would rather NOT have a native calendar. I'm perfectly happy with the Bridge, as this way, there's nothing to get messed up by a bad sync. However, I would totally be amenable to one that people could CHOOSE to install or not, that didn't get auto-installed with an update (I really don't want Slacker Radio on my Playbook, but every time I get rid of it, it comes back with the next update - ARGH!)
    04-25-11 03:25 PM
    lol. Me too, several times.

So don't try to delete them for now until BB make a fix on this.

To tell the truth -- and this is probably because I have a BB -- I would rather NOT have a native calendar. I'm perfectly happy with the Bridge, as this way, there's nothing to get messed up by a bad sync. However, I would totally be amenable to one that people could CHOOSE to install or not, that didn't get auto-installed with an update (I really don't want Slacker Radio on my Playbook, but every time I get rid of it, it comes back with the next update - ARGH!)
    04-25-11 03:32 PM
    I guess it's a bit more of a task manager than a calendar but Conqu looks pretty awesome. May be nice to use while waiting for a full blown calendar app.

Check it out. It's free and it's one of the prettiest apps I've seen so far.
    04-25-11 03:43 PM
    As another user posted, after hearing the engadget interview, I am not so sure about the native email and calendar. All Ryan kept on saying is once the cell radio's are in there and you are always on and connected you will get that experience.

So I did mention this once before, I think with the 3G/4G PlayBook is when you will get native email, and a separate BBM client.

Ryan mentioned video chat, email and video store coming this summer. Also when Balsille mentioned native email in 60 days, he didn't specify which model. In 60 days the 3g/4g model may be out with email. Just a little confused now.
    04-25-11 04:15 PM
    For business purposes I use Pocket Informant. Takes a bit to set up but very flexible. My wish is to port the data from my Srotm2 to the Playbook. Larger display, easier data entry, more info.
    Yes, I will pay for a PB version as long as it syncs with my BB.
    04-25-11 04:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD