Ok developers. I want a scientific calc that will take an expression and graph it. Or maybe two and graph both and let me find intercepts. There are a zillion of them for iOS, and a zillion more for Android. Not a single one for PB.

If you've ever seen a TI83 or 89, or an HP48, you know what I want.
    07-21-11 08:23 AM
    id be down, ti-nspire like would be ddiiiiirrtty
    07-21-11 09:15 AM
    id be down, ti-nspire like would be ddiiiiirrtty
    Dirty is not an adjective I'd apply to calculator software But whatever turns your crank!
    07-21-11 09:29 AM
    yeah last time I was looking for a TI calculator in app wolrd, but nothing near my expectatives
    07-21-11 09:46 AM
    I've been thinking of adding this feature to my RPN calculator app but I'm still not convinced there are enough people that won't buy it now due to the lack of this feature but WILL buy it as soon as I add this feature. It's a lot of work and I'm not convinced yet it will pay off. Sales in general have been uhmm... less than encouraging anyway to justify investing a lot more time adding features.
    07-21-11 11:18 AM
    Sales in general have been uhmm... less than encouraging anyway to justify investing a lot more time adding features.
    No kidding! I sometimes regret adding any features at all.
    07-21-11 11:39 PM
    I've been thinking of adding this feature to my RPN calculator app but I'm still not convinced there are enough people that won't buy it now due to the lack of this feature but WILL buy it as soon as I add this feature. It's a lot of work and I'm not convinced yet it will pay off. Sales in general have been uhmm... less than encouraging anyway to justify investing a lot more time adding features.
    No offense but who the heck actually uses a RPN calculator? So its no wonder why nobody has paid to download your app and adding graphing wouldn't help.

OP I agree I hope somebody makes a TI89 clone, by far and away the best calculator that I used in back in school and now work (mech engineer).
    07-22-11 04:58 PM
    No offense but who the heck actually uses a RPN calculator? So its no wonder why nobody has paid to download your app and adding graphing wouldn't help.

OP I agree I hope somebody makes a TI89 clone, by far and away the best calculator that I used in back in school and now work (mech engineer).
    I agree (but TI-84+). sure there may be other applications that can do this, but many people that want such calculators are much more familiar with the TIs and their design, and don't want to spend a long time trying to figure out how to do the familiar old functions in different ways.
    07-22-11 05:20 PM

Anyone who knows how to use RPN would NEVER go back to algebraic entry. That is the most cumbersome thing ever dumped on a user. RPN is so much more efficient and logical. Of course you have to know some math basics, like precedence of operations.

I have a TI89. I re-took all my calc classes with it (30 years out of college and I'm back in with teenieboppers. Ugh). I put it down after college and never picked it back up. It sucks. My HP48 is somewhere around 10^95th times better.
    Last edited by MikeLip; 07-23-11 at 02:13 PM.
    07-23-11 02:07 PM
    Which one is yours? I bought two RPNs for the PB - one looks just like an 11c. If you add graphing I will gladly buy it twice.
    07-23-11 02:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD