if its a game it'll be a major let down (Major Letdown robin+Ted Style)
    seriously, i will be dissapointed but i'm hoping nothing less than a skype video chat.
    I'd love Skype too (don't think it will be!), but I'd settle for Scrabble.....
    04-23-12 10:39 PM
    Rather it be Tomb Raider than ABS for sure.
    Though I do love my Tomb Raiding, it would likely suffer from the same control issues that most other onscreen-controlled games of its nature suffer. It's incredibly difficult to control a game like TR with a touchscreen.
    04-23-12 10:57 PM
    These are my possibilities
    �Bullet Time
    �Bounce The Bunny
    �Smash Cops
    �Angry Birds Space
    �And hopefully Modern Combat 3!
    The first three are from union and actually you can surely identify that these are coming for there are in beta mode online so that means that they released the. Bar online for testing! The last two is for the heck of it because these are my dream games to come to come into the lives of many Playbook owners and BB10 to come.
    Also here are some pictures of the three union games all Native! P.s couldn't take pictures of Bounce the Bunny it always Freezes! But when you do play it's really fun game!
    smash cops is FUN! on the playbook it's top notch
    04-23-12 11:05 PM
    Modern Combat and Asphalt 6 were nice complimentary "gifts" from Blackberry during OS2 launch so any app/game that is delivered tommorow is a positive thing now and for the future OS. Even if they only provide sampler/trial games or apps, that would make purchasing decisions much easier.
    Last edited by AggreX; 04-23-12 at 11:21 PM.
    04-23-12 11:18 PM
    Ok, if it's got to be a game, I hope it's Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light aka Tomb Raider!! They teased us with it before, let me us have it!!

I remember this and it was one of the first times that I was saw the real potential of the PlayBook. If I remember correctly, this was shown at the same time as that Samurai game, and both games impressed the audience when they were shown. These are the games that I really have no problem paying like $7 for...we just need more of them..
    look_alive likes this.
    04-23-12 11:23 PM
    Games. Games. Games. You'd think the BlackBerry PlayBook was a hand-held gaming console instead of "The World's First Professional-Grade Tablet."Thankfully, I am resourceful enough to put this much maligned tablet to professional use in the workplace, in academia, and as an excellent tool for research.
    Marty_LK, Hamp and ralfyguy like this.
    04-23-12 11:25 PM
    I swear I'm not looking for another game, I'm addicted to PewPew...

But seriously a game announcement, the way "Something Amazing" was shown on CB today, will do nothing but irk me. Skype, Period. Otherwise don't even use the word amazing
    04-23-12 11:53 PM
    His other tweet referencing the famous Space Odyssey quote "something wonderful" surely hints directly at Angry Birds: Space. I wouldn't read into it any further...

HAL-9000: What is going to happen?
    Dave: Something wonderful.
    Heh..

http://db.tt/Ftnqa0NX
    04-24-12 12:05 AM
    I give it an 80% chance of being Angry Birds Space, because "Something Wonderful" is inherently a space reference.

A 15% chance it's Draw Something, solely based on the word "Something" and the fact that I want Draw Something a lot more than another Angry Birds.

A 4% chance it's one or more other games.

A 1% chance it's not a game. (The guy is in charge of games, after all.)

EDIT: We also know Angry Birds Space is in the pipeline because of the frontpage post where it was seen having briefly escaped the sandbox.
    Last edited by xeju; 04-24-12 at 12:17 AM.
    04-24-12 12:13 AM
    I give it an 80% chance of being Angry Birds Space, because "Something Wonderful" is inherently a space reference.

A 15% chance it's Draw Something, solely based on the word "Something" and the fact that I want Draw Something a lot more than another Angry Birds.

A 4% chance it's one or more other games.

A 1% chance it's not a game. (The guy is in charge of games, after all.)

EDIT: We also know Angry Birds Space is in the pipeline because of the frontpage post where it was seen having briefly escaped the sandbox.
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIIMK1C6I5s[/YT]
    xeju and 9of13 like this.
    04-24-12 12:22 AM
    I'm going to agree with Michelle. This is what I'm hoping for:
    Michelle Haag likes this.
    04-24-12 12:37 AM
    i want monopoly as its 50% off, i dont care about any new game i just want a better app world in general.

games are average, apps are crap, i have to say my playbook is getting less and less use as anything but a portable video player at the moment.
    04-24-12 05:01 AM
    Looks like you got your wish, all EA games are 50% off in AppWorld right now.
    04-24-12 06:26 AM
    Games. Games. Games. You'd think the BlackBerry PlayBook was a hand-held gaming console instead of "The World's First Professional-Grade Tablet."Thankfully, I am resourceful enough to put this much maligned tablet to professional use in the workplace, in academia, and as an excellent tool for research.
    Out of interest how are you using it in academia, I could do with a small tablet and the playbook is pretty cheap at the moment (I tried a touchpad and it was completely unsuitable).
    04-24-12 06:57 AM
    Games. Games. Games. You'd think the BlackBerry PlayBook was a hand-held gaming console instead of "The World's First Professional-Grade Tablet."
    If the CEO was tweeting this, your point would be fairer. What do you expect the (apparently) head of Playbook games to be interested in?

Imagine if your school was well known for a particular subject, but you weren't involved in that subject. Would that devalue your grades?
    04-24-12 07:09 AM
    Why does everyone think it's Angry Birds space!?!

When Angry Birds, Angry Birds Seasons, and Angry Birds Rio were all released I don't remember there being hints and suspense given, I just remember waking up and hearing they were released and then all the hype started.

30 minutes...

Edit: Spoke to soon.
    Last edited by CB.Mike-D; 04-24-12 at 08:07 AM.
    04-24-12 07:31 AM
    so its 2pm UK time so 20mins to go to the disapointment.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    04-24-12 07:39 AM
    Just for future reference, who would announce Netflix or Skype? Surely they can't have a director for Games, Productivity, Video, VoIP, etc. There wouldn't be enough for them to do! I think he is over all App World, so still holding out for at least Netflix. You'd need a good charge to watch some movies. LOL.

Edit: aaaaafooie, as the red bird would say.....
    Last edited by Gooseberry Falls; 04-24-12 at 09:08 AM.
    04-24-12 07:47 AM
    oh sh*t its angry bird i was expecting tomb raider
    04-24-12 08:04 AM
    Another flying bird...back to sleep
    04-24-12 08:36 AM
    Yeah, I'm not a gamer, but it is great news and might help sales for those who are. Don't knock it.

Netflix...Well, it may never happen and when it does all you will hear is "my battery is dead all the time."

You just can't make some people happy.

But, this will drive sales...
    04-24-12 08:49 AM
    if its a game it'll be a major let down (Major Letdown robin+Ted Style)
    seriously, i will be dissapointed but i'm hoping nothing less than a skype video chat.
    a) Well it was the head of games who announced it, so it was pretty obvious it was going to be a game

b) Robin and Ted style, win.
    04-24-12 02:31 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD