So anders tweeted this tweet on april 15th,

Anders Jeppsson ‏ @ajeppsson
    #Gameloft continue to bring their great games to #PlayBook! Block Breaker 3 Unlimited is just out and there might be more soon... ... ... !

Then he tweeted today about a new game or app coming thats awesome. So my best guess is its a game from gameloft. Now Gameloft has quite a few games already on the Playbook so we know they support it. When looking at the games, the popular game the PB is missing would have to Modern Combat 3: Fallen Nation. The PB already has Modern Combat 2, so it would make sense that this would be the new game.

Another thought staying on the Gameloft one, is it could be many new Gameloft games. Hence the charge your PB, because you will want to try out many new games.

Also Gameloft has there own gaming community you sign up for. iOS has gamecenter so maybe a partnership to give the PB something like it??? who knows!

Again I dont think everyone should get overly excited because then you will just feel let down, just be happy for whatever it is! Obviously Anders is really excited about it so whatever it is should be a nice treat .
    baldanders likes this.
    04-23-12 07:58 PM
    I think that is definitely a possibility, I also don't think it's just Angry birds space.
    I think it gonna be a host of new games from a company as well I just am not sure who. Gameloft? Zynga?
    tmunny14 likes this.
    04-23-12 08:58 PM
    if its a game it'll be a major let down (Major Letdown robin+Ted Style)
    seriously, i will be dissapointed but i'm hoping nothing less than a skype video chat.
    bodjor and cleveland216 like this.
    04-23-12 09:09 PM
    "something wonderful" could mean a really well known game from a new-to-playbook developer...something like Rockstar Games and Grand Theft Auto IV

"charge your playbook" could mean a game you'll play for a while...
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    04-23-12 09:10 PM
    seriously, i will be dissapointed but i'm hoping nothing less than a skype video chat.
    Because it's Anders Jeppsson, the Head of Gaming Category, that made the statement, I'm guessing you will be let down. It will be a game.
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    04-23-12 09:15 PM
    angry birds is better than nothing, but would love to see that tomb raider that got demoed few months back, and uhm temple run would be a surprise too

04-23-12 09:20 PM
    We don't need more games, we need more high quality apps!

But temple run would be nice.
    04-23-12 09:24 PM
    These are my possibilities
    �Bullet Time
    �Bounce The Bunny
    �Smash Cops
    �Angry Birds Space
    �And hopefully Modern Combat 3!
    The first three are from union and actually you can surely identify that these are coming for there are in beta mode online so that means that they released the. Bar online for testing! The last two is for the heck of it because these are my dream games to come to come into the lives of many Playbook owners and BB10 to come.
    Also here are some pictures of the three union games all Native! P.s couldn't take pictures of Bounce the Bunny it always Freezes! But when you do play it's really fun game!
    04-23-12 09:30 PM
    Retro: Battle Field 1942 - with BT mouse & keyboard control. Maybe paired with BB device works too? Or UT99. LOL - good times, those were. Or another one of my personal faves - Tribes 2.
    04-23-12 09:32 PM
    i dont need angry birds space.. i could one of the only people who really couldn't care for angry birds..
    04-23-12 09:33 PM
    Seen a number of these posts tonight and it astounds me how people do not seem to read what is written. Now maybe it is Skype but why would it be tweeted through the head of game development for Playbook unless it is a game???? But you keep seeing Netflix or Skype as guesses....

Thinking of starting a pool on which apps will be must have if Netflix and Skype ever do show up...... You know it will happen......
    yanicmb likes this.
    04-23-12 09:39 PM
    His other tweet referencing the famous Space Odyssey quote "something wonderful" surely hints directly at Angry Birds: Space. I wouldn't read into it any further...

HAL-9000: What is going to happen?
    Dave: Something wonderful.
    04-23-12 09:42 PM
    It's not going to be Skype...he is the Game relation dude...sooo nothing to do with Skype...and also why would anyone be disappointed? like PB is getting more developers and games...thats moving in the right direction leading to BB10...anything we get is good!
    04-23-12 09:43 PM
    Great, 'Angry Bunnies From Modern Space' or some other crapolla time waster...really needed that!
    04-23-12 09:48 PM
    I didn't buy my PB to be another game-boy, I bought it to communicate with my peeps and help keep me organized. You want games, get an ipad.
    04-23-12 09:55 PM
    It will likely be Angry Birds Space. I hope it is. ABS is such a serious departure from previous ABs and really fun.
    04-23-12 09:58 PM
    I'm sorry to have to be the one to say this,but who cares about another game?! Give us Skype, Netflix, or something useful... Geez...
    cleveland216 and CairnsRock like this.
    04-23-12 10:05 PM
    Ok, if it's got to be a game, I hope it's Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light aka Tomb Raider!! They teased us with it before, let me us have it!!

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVPHmYJgvsw[/YT]
    SK122387 and 9of13 like this.
    04-23-12 10:09 PM
    I'm personally hoping that it's not an individual game but rather an announcement that RIM has reached deals to bring games from all of the other development studios to the Playbook, e.g., Digital Chocalate, Big Fish Games, Zen Studios, PopCop Games (besides the 1 currently), Madfinger Games (besides the 1 currently), Squaresoft, Taito, and Pixel Mine Games to name a few.

That would make it "wonderful" for me - Angry Birds Space...not so much.
    04-23-12 10:11 PM
    Do you people think that this is somehow taking a spot away from Skype or Netflix? This will only help build the developer base which will help draw customers which will help get those big name developers! Any app, whether you like it or not is good for the PlayBook!
    AggreX, john_v and Michelle Haag like this.
    04-23-12 10:11 PM
    Rather it be Tomb Raider than ABS for sure.
    Marty_LK likes this.
    04-23-12 10:12 PM
    I would be very happy if it is Batman Arkham City Lockdown
    Michelle Haag likes this.
    04-23-12 10:12 PM
    A game. Could've kept this one under wraps and just release it as a surprise...not drop a hint and get people all overly excited. I don't mean to come across as a downer, but lately things have been overhyped. Hopefully I'm wrong and it is something more major than a game. We shall see.
    sagec, cleveland216 and mzceetee like this.
    04-23-12 10:14 PM
    A game. Could've kept this one under wraps and just release it as a surprise...not drop a hint and get people all overly excited. I don't mean to come across as a downer, but lately things have been overhyped. Hopefully I'm wrong and it is something more major than a game. We shall see.
    Game(s)
    10Char
    louzer likes this.
    04-23-12 10:26 PM
    I see app world has life, monopoly and more at 50%. I hope that's not it. New Price of $3.99 for us and .99 in iTunes.
    04-23-12 10:32 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD