we can use the nokia mobile maps on this site
    Nokia Maps

u can save any part u want from the map
    but the gps didnt work for me, if anybody finds a way plz tell us
    01-05-12 05:49 AM
    How did you do that? I can't find the place to save to the playbook. Says you need the Nokia map app on your phone. Could you direct me to the right link?
    Last edited by crackberryjill; 01-05-12 at 08:52 AM.
    tonyron227 likes this.
    01-05-12 08:47 AM
    here is the like

run the compass pro in the background and now the gps is working enjoy
    01-05-12 09:34 AM
    http://m.maps.nokia.com/#action=search&params={}&bmk=1
    01-05-12 09:35 AM
    http://m.maps.nokia.com/#action=search&params={}&bmk=1
    I did manage to download a map, but how do I open it on the playbook? I am feeling rather stupid here

Never mind, figured it out. DUH!
    Last edited by crackberryjill; 01-05-12 at 12:39 PM.
    01-05-12 09:42 AM
    can anyone clarify this a bit?
    01-05-12 03:26 PM
    ok here is the steps
    1enter the m.nokia.maps
    2 add the page to ur home screen ok
    3 open save the map and it will be in ur saved maps
    4 run the compass in the background the gps working enjoy
    01-05-12 07:04 PM
    Hi, I am new to the Blackberry Playbook and I cannot find out how to add a page to my home screen. I want to be able to use maps offline and have been able to access the Nokia maps through the browser but I do not know how I put them into the Playbook for use offline. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.
    Last edited by gl1000rider; 01-26-12 at 04:52 PM.
    01-26-12 04:14 PM
    Just search the forums for Trekbuddy. The android version works ok on the PB and it's truly offline, truly free. You need to provide the maps yourself, but I posted ways to do it (Googleak.net).
    Sorry I have no time to post again in here, Wolf.
    01-26-12 04:32 PM
    Thanks for your reply. I found Trekbuddy and Googleak.net without a problem but I am afraid that the site is like a foreign language to me, I do not understand the terminology used by most of the people when they are talking about software and putting it on to devices. I know a lot of people on here may think I am a bit stupid but I am learning slowly. I need simple step by step instructions. I find the Nokia maps very easy to use but I want a road atlas for the UK that I can load onto my Playbook and use when I have no access to the internet.
    BlazorBoy likes this.
    01-27-12 04:05 AM
    Thanks for your reply. I found Trekbuddy and Googleak.net without a problem but I am afraid that the site is like a foreign language to me, I do not understand the terminology used by most of the people when they are talking about software and putting it on to devices. I know a lot of people on here may think I am a bit stupid but I am learning slowly. I need simple step by step instructions. I find the Nokia maps very easy to use but I want a road atlas for the UK that I can load onto my Playbook and use when I have no access to the internet.
    The problem is that not everyone has the time to write step-by-step instructions for people who want to do technical things, but lack the technical knowledge to do so. The onus should be on you to try and figure it out by putting a bit of time and effort into giving these things a try, instead of just looking at a web page and giving up.
    01-27-12 08:51 AM
    Thank you for your most helpful reply, it's a pity that you do not understand that some of us are trying to learn and do spend time trying to work things out, that is why we ask people who are obviously more knowleagable than ourselves for help when we have spent time trying to do something without success. If your time is so valuable and you have not got time to help then don't waste your time putting negative comments on here. Some people find certain things easy while other people find other things easy, perhaps there is something in life that you do not find easy and have to ask for help, but then from your attitude maybe you know everything about everything. I have tried to follow the instruction in a post that did try to help but it does not work for me for some reason. Hope you have time in your valuable schedule to read this, I suppose you came out of the womb knowing everything!
    01-27-12 10:49 AM
    Thank you for your most helpful reply, it's a pity that you do not understand that some of us are trying to learn and do spend time trying to work things out, that is why we ask people who are obviously more knowleagable than ourselves for help when we have spent time trying to do something without success. If your time is so valuable and you have not got time to help then don't waste your time putting negative comments on here. Some people find certain things easy while other people find other things easy, perhaps there is something in life that you do not find easy and have to ask for help, but then from your attitude maybe you know everything about everything. I have tried to follow the instruction in a post that did try to help but it does not work for me for some reason. Hope you have time in your valuable schedule to read this, I suppose you came out of the womb knowing everything!
    Ignoring the sympathy-sponge sentiments, why dont you startby giving ussome sensible details like tellingus where exactly you got to in the instructions, and what step didnt work for you. its easier to troubleshoot that way than writing an entirely new guide.
    01-30-12 03:34 PM
    The last thing I want from you or anyone else is sympathy, help yes. The title of this thread is "offline maps on playbook". I was looking for an app which would allow me to put a road atlas onto my playbook to replace the paper atlas which I carry at the moment. The only maps I have been able to find all require connection to the internet at the time you are using them. I followed the procedure put on this thread earlier to use nokia maps but the button which says put an icon on your home screen did not work nor could I find some way to save any maps to my saved map file. Trekbuddy, as far as I could find out requires connection to the internet when you are using it, I presume this means using the Blackberry bridge, I do not have a Blackberry mobile phone. So, as the thread title says "offline maps for playbook" has not, up to now, found an answer to my problem.
    02-01-12 04:48 AM
    Magellan Compass v3 (scheduled to be released in a couple of months), will allow for map data to be stored locally on your device. You will need an Internet connection initially to download the map data for a particular area, but after that they are accessible without a network connection.
    gl1000rider likes this.
    02-02-12 08:02 AM
    Hi, Thanks for your reply, it looks like I will have to wait for a while.
    Regards, CG.
    02-03-12 09:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD