I just sold my iPad, dont get me wrong I love Apple stuff and I was also thinking of selling my Playbook wich is in the market place one here but everytime i play with it i love it all over again and think i would be crazy to sell it.
    I'm having a really hard time wating for some more native apps from Rim but man if they don't hurry you will see alot more Playbooks up for sale. RIM PLEASE HURRY UP WITH UPGRADES BEFORE SOMEONE BUYS MY PLAYBOOK, sorry just fustrated as I feel like Rim has let me down and others.
    And yes I want native email and notes and the task that comes with bridge but native.
    08-12-11 03:33 PM
    It's been 1/4 of a year, and still no E-mail or Android. What are they doing? It really makes no sense at all. There's no explanation other then incompetent developers that would satisfy me at this point. I'm losing hope. All they're doing is costing more and more sales and that in turn reduces the chances of kickass apps being brought over if there is no market.

Yes I have a Torch and bridge, but that's not the issue. Others might not and would like to access there E-mail.
    trsbbs likes this.
    08-12-11 03:37 PM
    Oh great my Playbook just frooze while looking at pics and now nothing just a blank screen so now what ???
    08-12-11 03:43 PM
    power + volume +/- lul
    08-12-11 03:44 PM
    I would like to access my email from my playbook without bridge...every other tablet in the market has that ability. Having lack of apps is one thing but having no industry standard apps just sucks. I'm thinking that I might be better off going back to the ipad but the thinkpad tablet is looking attractive these days..RIM wtf..release native PIM/EMAIL, NDK and Android player. No wonder sales aren't the best. If an average consumer looks at what the Playbook VS. Ipad or Droids..they wouldn't pick the Playbook due to lack of functionality.

Being a techie and having a product that doesn't do it all makes me feel helpless and stressed. Ok..not that it's out of my system i can breathe
    08-12-11 03:46 PM
    Thank you that worked.
    08-12-11 03:52 PM
    If Rims does not hurry up I'll end up with a iPad 2 soon, I hope not and at the same time the Playbook will loose its value day by day.
    08-12-11 03:55 PM
    The worst thing RIM has ever done for the PB is not releasing the NDK. For the PB to be successful the NDK should have been released a month before the release of the PB so devs could create or port all their apps over.

They shot themselves in the foot with that mistake.
    08-12-11 05:56 PM
    I have had mine for sale on Craigs List now for a week pluss at a low price and not one call, no one seems to be interested in it and again everytime I go into Best Buy there demo is never working but all the other tablets are on WTF Best Buy do thay just not care ???
    08-12-11 06:20 PM
    Unless you just want to pay games on the Playbook, there is no need for native apps --- considering that RIM wrote their own first party apps as AIR apps.
    08-12-11 06:32 PM
    You need native email how else can you reply to a email from a vendors website without it asking for the BB Bridge connection ?
    08-12-11 06:38 PM
    Come on guys lets be real about email. This isnt the 3G version that you need native email to come through instantly while your on the go. When you connect at an internet cafe, you simple hit "browser" log in, check email, reply and turn off wifi and leave the shop. I just dont see where the the big deal is about email. You have access to your email as you have access to the internet via browser. Lets move on people and worry about bigger fish
    08-12-11 06:41 PM
    Come on guys lets be real about email. This isnt the 3G version that you need native email to come through instantly while your on the go. When you connect at an internet cafe, you simple hit "browser" log in, check email, reply and turn off wifi and leave the shop. I just dont see where the the big deal is about email. You have access to your email as you have access to the internet via browser. Lets move on people and worry about bigger fish
    Don't. Just don't.
    08-12-11 06:44 PM
    Ok ill say it more simple I'm sitting at a wifi coffe shop and I go to my vendors website and you go to there contact us or any other site like that and you click on there email addy and the BB bridge comes up so how do you get around that ?
    08-12-11 06:49 PM
    Don't. Just don't.
    Dont what? I own two playbooks, i do believe that we are going a tad overboard with email requirement. I would love to have them dont get me wrong, but there are other bigger fish to fry with the playbook.
    08-12-11 07:07 PM
    Ok ill say it more simple I'm sitting at a wifi coffe shop and I go to my vendors website and you go to there contact us or any other site like that and you click on there email addy and the BB bridge comes up so how do you get around that ?
    Is it just some mailto: blah blah link?

If so, i do believe your are able to copy the email within the link are we not?
    08-12-11 07:08 PM
    You need native email how else can you reply to a email from a vendors website without it asking for the BB Bridge connection ?
    But "native email" has NOTHING with to do "native".

"Native email" in the Playbook is being run inside the "Blackberry Player" (aka the Java VM). This is NOT a native C app, it's a Java app.
    08-12-11 07:30 PM
    I do understand where some are coming from. But the thing is not having email is one of things where to the general public its a negative, and only because everyone one else has email.

I thought we had some third ones coming.
    08-12-11 07:33 PM
    i think there is no native email because of the bridge app. you get email when you bridge. i find that logical. that is why i dont clamor for one. if rim will add one soon, so be it. if they dont, i dont really care.
    08-12-11 07:34 PM
    i think there is no native email because of the bridge app. you get email when you bridge. i find that logical. that is why i dont clamor for one. if rim will add one soon, so be it. if they dont, i dont really care.
    and i understand why they did Product synergy, it can do something other tablets can't but it just makes it look like the product and stand on its own.

Question could the Bridge be updated to allow the Playbook to receive/send text messages and answer phone calls like the touchpad/veer/pre 3 can.
    08-12-11 07:42 PM
    I just sold my iPad, dont get me wrong I love Apple stuff and I was also thinking of selling my Playbook wich is in the market place one here but everytime i play with it i love it all over again and think i would be crazy to sell it.
    I'm having a really hard time wating for some more native apps from Rim but man if they don't hurry you will see alot more Playbooks up for sale. RIM PLEASE HURRY UP WITH UPGRADES BEFORE SOMEONE BUYS MY PLAYBOOK, sorry just fustrated as I feel like Rim has let me down and others.
    And yes I want native email and notes and the task that comes with bridge but native.
    I've been away from Crackberry most of the week - this is the third crybaby thread I've read at the expense of my valuable time. I can see I'm not missing anything...
    Sell the damn thing so we don't have to bear all these tears.
    08-12-11 09:36 PM
    I've been away from Crackberry most of the week - this is the third crybaby thread I've read at the expense of my valuable time. I can see I'm not missing anything...
    Sell the damn thing so we don't have to bear all these tears.
    What business are you in that you can ignore and dismiss customer complaints?

I bet that you don't do this because it would be stupid and you know better. So, why do you continue to seek to justify this behavior on RIM's part?
    08-13-11 08:07 AM
    The reason there is no native applications is because RIM was concerned about security issues. Bridge was a way to satisfy customers while they found a way to address security. They obviously haven't addressed all the issues yet. Is it taking a long time? Yes. For me it isn't a big deal. I'm more concerned that the product doesn't seem to have been thoroughly thought through. It's lacking basic functionality.
    08-13-11 08:54 AM
    this is the third crybaby thread I've read at the expense of my valuable time.
    Odd. According to you, you have time to spare:

Thanks for your concern but it's just entertainment while I work...multitasking and have to kill some time between compile cycles....its kinda fun riling people up actually.. and adding fun to people's mundane lives....
    If your time is as valuable as you suggest, then don't waste your time here. But I'm going to guess that your time isn't as valuable as you suggest.
    08-13-11 09:02 AM
    The reason there is no native applications is because RIM was concerned about security issues. Bridge was a way to satisfy customers while they found a way to address security.
    A better plan would seem to have been to not release the Playbook until they found a way to address security.
    08-13-11 09:11 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD