Today i decided to purchase my first app from app world on my blackberry playbook (which i am using right now as well, great device). i checked the reviews before purchase and they were all swell. The app is cogimap version 1.1.

However there is a major issue with this app... it does not save properly. There is no save function, you must rely on autosaves. And it does not notify you when it saves. Every time i have used this app has it screwed me over by reverting to a previous saved state making me lose the time and effort i spent. its simply not worth the purchase until its fixed.

now my issue is not with the fact that the app is a little buggy. its the fact that after i reviewed the app, my review that had said basically the previous paragraph was removed. and now i cant replace the review. i dont think app world is trust worthy if its going to readily censor a review. i wish i had known previously and now i am going to be more wary in the future or just not even use the service.

what it comes down to is... you cant rely on app world reviews alone. We must do independant research?
    OnTopic and Hankster like this.
    05-05-11 11:39 AM
    Name names. What was the app?
    Your post tells me nothing about which app to avoid.
    05-05-11 11:42 AM
    i dont think app world is trust worthy if its going to readily censor a review. i wish i had known previously and now i am going to be more wary in the future or just not even use the service.
    Seriously? You actually think your post was censored? If so, then why on earth would RIM not censor the myriad of date requests/BBM sex chat requests people put into "reviews" of apps? Besides, I have read plenty of scathing reviews of apps in App World. No censoring of those, so why yours?

No, I doubt your post was censored.
    05-05-11 11:47 AM
    first paragraph...cogimap version 1.1
    05-05-11 11:47 AM
    I did say it but I will make it a bit more conspicuous:
    cogimap.
    05-05-11 11:48 AM
    If true, that is troublesome, as even the notoriously over-the-top control freak, Jobs allows zillions of negative feedback comments to remain in the App Store. And even the Apple forums contains a lot of complaints.
    05-05-11 11:48 AM
    Seriously? You actually think your post was censored? If so, then why on earth would RIM not censor the myriad of date requests/BBM sex chat requests people put into "reviews" of apps? Besides, I have read plenty of scathing reviews of apps in App World. No censoring of those, so why yours?

No, I doubt your post was censored.
    If my review reappears I will eat my words. That said, perhaps it wasn't RiM that censored it... can app publishers censor their reviews?
    05-05-11 11:50 AM
    Doesn't it take time for a review to appear?
    05-05-11 11:51 AM
    develops have an option to deny a review... in the Vendor Portal its very easy to check the reviews and click "Deny" - I have done this only twice - once because the user did not bother asking me the question on how to make the dock show but instead posted saying the theme was junk and that the screenshots showed icons that arent there. the second was someone saying the theme drained their S2 battery in 25 minutes.. which is not my themes fault because I have the S2 and after weeks of testing I saw no such drain.

but.. yep.. it can be removed by the developer.
    05-05-11 11:53 AM
    that was my first thought, when reading the OP.
    05-05-11 11:54 AM
    At one point i had actually seen the review under the app, but then later it was missing. Maybe it'll pop up again? i guess I'll have to wait and see.
    05-05-11 11:55 AM
    Is this your review:

This is not a functional app. It's save function does not work properly. First, there is no save button. Second, you aren't notified when it saves. Third, I have now had two experiences when "maps", aka files, have seemingly reverted to an old state. On two separate occassions, preety much both times I have tried to use this app, has it screwed me over and caused me to lose valuable time I put into the app.

Do not pruchase until fixed.
    05-05-11 11:55 AM
    develops have an option to deny a review... in the Vendor Portal its very easy to check the reviews and click "Deny" - I have done this only twice - once because the user did not bother asking me the question on how to make the dock show but instead posted saying the theme was junk and that the screenshots showed icons that arent there. the second was someone saying the theme drained their S2 battery in 25 minutes.. which is not my themes fault because I have the S2 and after weeks of testing I saw no such drain.

but.. yep.. it can be removed by the developer.
    Can the reviews be edited? Because it seems like my post may have been twisted into something else... which in my opinion is even worse.

plus what about star ratings? Can they be "denied" as well?
    05-05-11 11:59 AM
    Is this your review:
    Yes. Where did you find that? I am not seeing it and it states there are 3 reviews and all 3 are present.
    05-05-11 12:01 PM
    05-05-11 12:02 PM
    your review is on app world.

ask the mods to delete this useless thread.
    05-05-11 12:02 PM
    Odd that I cannot see it but I will take your word for it and the fact that you posted my exact review as enough proof. I hope the dev of this particular app fixes the issue as it could potentially be a worthy app to use.
    05-05-11 12:05 PM
    your review is on app world.

ask the mods to delete this useless thread.
    Its not useless... but the discussion is over.
    05-05-11 12:06 PM
    Can the reviews be edited? Because it seems like my post may have been twisted into something else... which in my opinion is even worse.

plus what about star ratings? Can they be "denied" as well?
    no.. they cannot be edited (or replied to - which drives me CRAZY!! why cant they let the devs reply!????) - if the review is denied, then the star rating is denied as well.
    05-05-11 12:09 PM
    I think what we might be seeing here is actually a bug in App World that causes some of the reviews to not show up sometimes. I have witnessed many incidents where my own reviews don't show to me sometimes and I have also seen it say there were more reviews for an app than what actually showed when I tried to view them all..
    05-05-11 12:22 PM
    I was just thinking that they are vetted by someone before they appear for all to see. I have written many reviews, but I have yet to see them just after I submit them. I never go back to check though. Usually click Reviews or Show More... a few times while I am there.
    05-05-11 12:25 PM
    Its not useless... but the discussion is over.
    no--it IS useless, because you cried wolf. There's nothing to see here.
    05-05-11 01:35 PM
    no--it IS useless, because you cried wolf. There's nothing to see here.
    Gotta agree with Dave here.
    There are too many threads with sensational titles that end up giving a totally different impression than what is actually in the thread.

At least change the title to something more relevant like. "Can't find my review in AppWorld".

For some reason, people seem to feel they need to have a dramatic title to draw readers into the thread. If you really want answers or help to a problem, make the title clear and to the point.
    05-05-11 02:06 PM
    If the OP was a stand up guy, he'd edit the first post with bolded text, mentioning the fact that his review is indeed on App World. sigh.
    05-05-11 02:16 PM
    Odd that I cannot see it but I will take your word for it and the fact that you posted my exact review as enough proof. I hope the dev of this particular app fixes the issue as it could potentially be a worthy app to use.
    Try refreshing your browser. You may just be getting a buffered view that will update once you refresh.
    05-05-11 02:18 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD