What? You could actually make the game SMALLER and increase the level count with a random level generator, or user level creator...
    So you are actually saying that if all of the levels of Angry Birds are combined (All seasons plus Rio) than with optimization, the total game package would be smaller? Does this make sense to you?
    05-12-11 02:58 PM
    It's like you didn't even read what said...

However, if you combined all the games into one you would have insanely less code + asset duplication compared to entire packages for each release individually.
    05-12-11 02:59 PM
    so glad you bring that up, angry birds, one of the most successful (doesnt ean best or worst, thats subjective) is apx 18Mb on iOS, yet it sells by the boatload and people love it.

the whole size of an app arguement is moot. its the quality of the app, just because an app is big doesnt mean its amazing, and just because an app is small doesnt mean its not amazing.

in this case, size doesnt really matter
    Again, I have to repeat that not all big games are good.

Why do people keep thinking in absolute terms when we live in a world of probability?

Again, and again..... if the app world has 20 games that are over 400 MB and compare that to 20 games that have the size of less than 10 MB in size....the probability that there will be more fun games with the the bigger size.
    Last edited by Earthbrain; 05-12-11 at 03:04 PM.
    05-12-11 03:00 PM
    Again, and again..... if the app world has 20 games that are over 400 MB and compare that to 20 games that has the size of less than 10 MB in size....the probability that there will be more fun games with the the bigger size.
    Based on what? You can't just throw it out there like it's a given fact based on absolutely nothing.
    05-12-11 03:05 PM
    It's like you didn't even read what said...

However, if you combined all the games into one you would have insanely less code + asset duplication compared to entire packages for each release individually.
    But will it have a bigger size than the individual (original) game?
    05-12-11 03:07 PM
    Based on what? You can't just throw it out there like it's a given fact based on absolutely nothing.
    Based on probability.
    05-12-11 03:09 PM
    sure sf4 can be fun on a tablet, I have it on my iphone and though the controls are different it's stil a pretty awesome game. Just look at the gameloft games, most of them are copies of actual titles and their games are fairly big in size. A number of them have very good reviews.
    05-12-11 03:44 PM
    i like dilo hills its pretty good in basically beta. i didn't play it on xoom, but i did on my playbook. at 8mb it makes me excited to see whats next and proof that the fun and quality is comming just gotta hang in there. remember market places aren't built in a day.
    05-12-11 04:22 PM
    Looking through the app world, there are about less than 5 games that are more than 10 MB and two of them (NFS and Tetris) are already included free for the Playbook.

I think I only saw another one that is about 18 MB.

The rest are tiny size with less than 10 MB.

I know that the Playbook is fairly new so I am hoping that it will be in bigger size like the ones for the ipad. Even android games are usually less than 30 MB in size and the ones that are big are usually from Gameloft.

But for now, the games from App world is pretty sad.

I guess we all need to walk before we know how to run.
    Sling golf lite (free) or Sling golf (paid) are both greater than 10mb. Infact they are more than double the size that you are looking for clocking in at 22mb. I haven't played them yet but reviews are good for this game.
    05-12-11 09:10 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD