I progressed all the way up to the blackberry-signer -register -csjpin <PIN>
    -cskpass <csk password from step 1> <CSJ_file>
    command, when I fill out all the information and paste it in the CMD it tells me that I must specify the -cskpass and the -csjpin if -register is specified.

This is what I typed into the CMD:
    blackberry-signer -register -csjpin XXXXXXXXXX-cskpass XXXXXX client-PBDT-XXXXXXXXXX.csj

I would really like to know what is going on, and what is a csj pass, I suspect it is the numbers after the client csj files, I am not completely sure.
    01-18-12 07:51 PM
    The csj pass at that point is probably the password that you would like to assign to the certificate, and which you'll need to enter in future to use it to sign anything. In other words, make something up, but don't forget what it is. I haven't done that for a year, so I'm going by memory.

Questions like this are better suited to one of the developer support forums over at blackberry.com. While there may be the odd developer around here, there are many more over there, and a huge body of past posts which would answer this question and many others if you were to search.

The "Tablet OS SDK for Adobe AIR" forum would be the one where most signing issues had been asked and answered (merely because it was the first SDK supported). If you're using another SDK, you could check the one specific to your own environment first, then try that one if you can't find the answer.

Just search before posting, as you should in any forum. Good luck!
    01-18-12 09:01 PM
    Okay, thank you.
    If anyone knows, can you please explain to me what a csjpin is?

For example, if I have a client file in the name of "client-PBDT-3456789000.csj", would the "3456789000" be the CSJ pin?
    01-19-12 05:07 PM
    the PIN is the number you entered into the web form when you requested the CSJ from RIM in the first place.
    01-19-12 05:57 PM
    I tried putting in the PIN and it did not work, this is what I tried: "blackberry-signer -register -csjpin 5********
    -cskpass n***p client-PBDT-1523646595.csj"

The error that I am getting is telling me that "-cskpass is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or file."
    I am puzzled.
    01-19-12 06:15 PM
    The csj pass at that point is probably the password that you would like to assign to the certificate, and which you'll need to enter in future to use it to sign anything. In other words, make something up, but don't forget what it is. I haven't done that for a year, so I'm going by memory.

Questions like this are better suited to one of the developer support forums over at blackberry.com. While there may be the odd developer around here, there are many more over there, and a huge body of past posts which would answer this question and many others if you were to search.

The "Tablet OS SDK for Adobe AIR" forum would be the one where most signing issues had been asked and answered (merely because it was the first SDK supported). If you're using another SDK, you could check the one specific to your own environment first, then try that one if you can't find the answer.

Just search before posting, as you should in any forum. Good luck!

I am on the "blackberry-keytool -genkeypair -keystore <output_file.p12>
    -storepass <create_a_password> -dname "cn=<company_name>" -alias author" command, I filled it in and I typed a password and it is telling me it must be it must specify one of -dname or -author, what does this mean?
    Last edited by darabula; 01-19-12 at 07:08 PM.
    01-19-12 06:28 PM
    I fixed it up and now it telling me that the access is denied, why is this?
    01-19-12 07:17 PM
    I fixed it up and now it telling me that the access is denied, why is this?
    Okay, problem solved. Thank you, I am requesting a topic lock.
    01-19-12 09:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD