I figured out today how to sideload Android apps to my Playbook! I know this is old news to most of you but I kept going over the tutorials and was a bit confused and then my computer was giving me issues on the DDPB Installer but I troubleshot it and got it to work. I now have Kindle (bought my first book today, no problems), Backgrounds, Pandora, Zedge, Amazon MP3, Jewels, Words with Friends, Bubble Blast 2 and NYC Mate on my Playbook. So far all of these work very well without lag or problems. I used Good e-reader to get all the apps. It is very easy to do now and it gives a little extra oomph to the Playbook. Just wanted to share my happiness!
    10-15-12 06:21 PM
    That's great! Enjoy your playbook and let us know if you come across any good app.
    Mr Rtic likes this.
    10-15-12 06:42 PM
    Sideloading really adds to the abilities of the playbook, (especially when it comes to app variety) I'm happy it's possible. If you use Chrome, this extension makes it incredibly easy to install and manage sideloaded apps: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...anager-721904/ it's a lot simpler than many other methods.
    10-15-12 06:59 PM
    I figured out today how to sideload Android apps to my Playbook! I know this is old news to most of you but I kept going over the tutorials and was a bit confused and then my computer was giving me issues on the DDPB Installer but I troubleshot it and got it to work. I now have Kindle (bought my first book today, no problems), Backgrounds, Pandora, Zedge, Amazon MP3, Jewels, Words with Friends, Bubble Blast 2 and NYC Mate on my Playbook. So far all of these work very well without lag or problems. I used Good e-reader to get all the apps. It is very easy to do now and it gives a little extra oomph to the Playbook. Just wanted to share my happiness!
    Awesome! Some months ago I went through the same thing and just this morning a friend at the gym was all excited that she too figured out how to side load the Kindle app.
    10-15-12 08:00 PM
    Way to go! I knew you'd get the hang of it.
    10-15-12 10:21 PM
    Sideloading really adds to the abilities of the playbook, (especially when it comes to app variety) I'm happy it's possible. If you use Chrome, this extension makes it incredibly easy to install and manage sideloaded apps: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...anager-721904/ it's a lot simpler than many other methods.
    100% agree with that. I used to use DDPB installer and when I switched to Google chrome, i downloaded the App manager extension and it works wonderful.

Either way though.. way to go Wafa510.. Enjoy your Playbook to its full potential
    10-16-12 12:04 AM
    You go GIRL....KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!. Now let's see what else you can find to make the PlayBook more productive.
    10-16-12 02:44 AM
    I use NYC Mate myself. although im a walking subway map, having the schedules ready even offline is a huge plus when visiting my mom in Far Rockaway(worlds longest commute!) to me, thats the best NYCT app ever! now where did you get Zedge? i totally forgot about Zedge!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
    10-16-12 03:44 AM
    Welcome to the crew and enjoy

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    10-16-12 04:05 AM
    [QUOTE=9of13;7679604]I use NYC Mate myself. although im a walking subway map, having the schedules ready even offline is a huge plus when visiting my mom in Far Rockaway(worlds longest commute!) to me, thats the best NYCT app ever! now where did you get Zedge? i totally forgot about Zedge!

I got Zedge from Good e-reader...that is one of the apps they converted for the Playbook. I have it on my cell and love it so had to get it on my Playbook!

Also, can someone post the steps for me to use Chrome and the app manager extension? I do not even know what this means at all and it would be great to have an easier or alternative way to sideload apps. Thanks!!
    10-16-12 05:49 AM