Can someone please explain to me why we're shunned from Hulu+ and Crackle but the PS Vita gets an app? It has been a flop pretty much world wide, not to mention the majority of purchasers are kids... So now the Vita has Skype, Hulu+ and Crackle... Seems pretty stupid if you ask me.
    06-05-12 05:16 PM
    Because it's still sold more units than the Playbook in a smaller time frame.

Crackle is also a Sony product, so...
    06-05-12 05:19 PM
    Fair enough on Crackle, but Hulu+ is a paid subscription that the majority of "kids" who own it probably can't pay for on their own. UGH!
    06-05-12 05:25 PM
    prolly because the NDK has JUST been released. Thats kinda mind boggling that they released a device with no native way to develop for it... The app situation is RIMs fault.

If I'm a major developer I'm not playing chess on cardboard I need marble...
    06-05-12 05:26 PM
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    +1 To you but it can still be possible if we had more events that take on in worldwide events like (E3) and had more developers on the BlackBerry PlayBook, witch we are and if you do your research we found files within the 2.1 Beta that had things like Skype,Msn, and etc.
    06-05-12 05:27 PM
    I read here all the time, and I noticed the "hidden" files but a crappy platform like the psp/vita gets a couple major apps cause it sells 1.5 million pieces to a bunch of kids can drive me nuts...
    06-05-12 05:31 PM
    Yup!
    If they get Netflix first (for whatever reason) ima shoot myself...The End...Stop Reading...Wow...You...Suck!
    JosephRuff likes this.
    06-05-12 05:34 PM
    You forgot netflix on the list...
    06-05-12 05:45 PM
    Blackberry is a dying platform. How many people outside of us crackberry geeks know that BB10 is a completely new platform?

Without killer apps, BB10 won't reverse the current negative trend.

RIM has to contact all the mayor players and make them offers they can't refuse.
    06-05-12 05:57 PM
    The only thing that's gonna make Rim stay alive in my opinion is that they have to go with the gaming industry and by that they will arise with more killer apps in days to come!

P.s Union is already planning to port over about all of there games to the BlackBerry PlayBook but witch ones, who knows...
    06-05-12 06:05 PM
    Sony has somewhat of an influence with Netflix and Hulu since they both carry Sony media in part of their services.
    06-05-12 06:15 PM
    Because Sony "showed them the money" while Rim has not.
    06-05-12 07:12 PM
    I use Crackle all the time on my playbook. Am I missing something?
    06-05-12 07:35 PM
    Blackberry is a dying platform. How many people outside of us crackberry geeks know that BB10 is a completely new platform?

Without killer apps, BB10 won't reverse the current negative trend.

RIM has to contact all the mayor players and make them offers they can't refuse.
    Yeah....tried talking to friends about it...nothing.
    06-05-12 09:34 PM
    Lets see.... Hulu.... a major streaming video company.... Sony... a company that has division that makes movies and TV shows..... go figure....
    06-05-12 09:52 PM
    Its not just the Hulu app...

Its literally EVERYTHING. I'm a music educator. The company that I have been using for over 15 years to notate music (Finale) just created an ipad app to display scores and play back parts and even print off parts right in the middle of rehearsal!! I NEED THAT FUNCTIONALITY SERIOUSLY!! So I sent them a tweet to create an app for the playbook...

My tweet
    @Finale_music please create a blackberry playbook app for your Songbook iPad app. The playbook is way more portable.

Their Response
    @ErnestStackhous we have no current plans for BlackBerry support unfortunately. #justinpfinale

This is the story with EVERYTHING. I mean dang will the playbook be regulated to web browsing?
    06-05-12 10:07 PM
    Netflix, Hulu+, Amazon Instant, and YouTube Coming to Wii U

And now the Wii U will have it too.
    It cannot be that hard to bring these things to the Playbook.
    06-05-12 11:42 PM
    I understand the frustration of the OP and others in the post; I watched the Sony presentation and, although pleased that my Vita will get these products, I also thought to myself, yet again, here comes more stuff that the Playbook wont have.

Heck, my $69.99 Sony DVD player just recieved a software upgrade for it the other day and now Crackle, Netflix, and a whole host of other stuff is now on it.

I figured that the Vita would get these things given Sony's influence over them and Sony's willingness to spend money to shore up additional sales of their product. Clearly, RIM does not or is not in a position to do the same thing.
    06-06-12 12:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD