I am currently working on an unofficial Hulu App, hopefully RIM will allow it into the App World. The problem I am haveing is I need to test something in the PlayBooks browser. I live in the UK and currently don’t have a PlayBook, so I need someone with a PlayBook to test something for me please (I think it need to be someone in the US, as I believe that’s the only country where Hulu works). You might suggest that I try it in the simulator but it just seems to crash :S.
    Zamzarvideo has been very helpful in helping me up to this point but is in the same position as me in not having a PlayBook.
    Please reply or PM me if you can help, Many Thanks.
    Steve

UPDATE: Someone has PMed me
    Last edited by SSaywell; 04-21-11 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Got reply via PM, no need for help, letting other readers know this
    Boots4283 likes this.
    04-21-11 09:56 AM
    Dj steve is this you?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-11 10:30 AM
    I am currently working on an unofficial Hulu App, hopefully RIM will allow it into the App World. The problem I am haveing is I need to test something in the PlayBooks browser. I live in the UK and currently dont have a PlayBook, so I need someone with a PlayBook to test something for me please (I think it need to be someone in the US, as I believe thats the only country where Hulu works). You might suggest that I try it in the simulator but it just seems to crash :S.
    Zamzarvideo has been very helpful in helping me up to this point but is in the same position as me in not having a PlayBook.
    Please reply or PM me if you can help, Many Thanks.
    Steve

UPDATE: Someone has PMed me
    you can't just upload it to the PB. You must sign the app and upload to Appworld first
    04-21-11 10:32 AM
    you can't just upload it to the PB. You must sign the app and upload to Appworld first
    I was the flash player I'm using will also work in a browser, I needed to test to see if it would work on the BlackBerrys browser, or if Hulu block it.

I have now tested it and it work, just created the App, Signed, All done, submiting it to RIM now. Hopfully it will get approved pretty quickly and people will be able to watch videos from Hulu on there PlayBook again.
    04-21-11 10:37 AM
    Actually that's incorrect, we now have debug tokens that allows developers to install an app without signing or without the use of AppWorld
    04-21-11 10:37 AM
    I was the flash player I'm using will also work in a browser, I needed to test to see if it would work on the BlackBerrys browser, or if Hulu block it.

I have now tested it and it work, just created the App, Signed, All done, submiting it to RIM now. Hopfully it will get approved pretty quickly and people will be able to watch videos from Hulu on there PlayBook again.
    Go dj steve go.thanks

JustinFrazier24 likes this.
    04-21-11 10:39 AM
    Just to update you all I have submited my app to the App World, just waiting on RIM now current status is 'Pending Review' I will keep you imformed as to any updates. When the app does become available it is called 'Hulu App for the BlackBerry PlayBook'
    thpsrulr and DjGenuine like this.
    04-21-11 10:51 AM
    You are awesome! Thanks!
    04-21-11 11:58 AM
    I hope they approve it, BUT RIM ain't google Market Place.
    04-21-11 11:59 AM
    I would love to have an app like this. Even though I am a paying Hulu+ customer I still need a way to display it on the playbook and then I can output it via HDMI to my tv in the bedroom.
    04-21-11 12:07 PM
    whats the name of the app?

04-23-11 07:04 AM
    if the rim doesnt allow it. you should post the app here.

we need to jailbreak our playbook
    04-23-11 09:48 AM
    Just to update you all I have submited my app to the App World, just waiting on RIM now current status is 'Pending Review' I will keep you imformed as to any updates. When the app does become available it is called 'Hulu App for the BlackBerry PlayBook'
    the will reject it until you take the word Blackberry out of the title.

04-23-11 10:52 AM
    don't use hulu either. it's probably a trademarked name. plus, rim is in talks with hulu. might get a better chance if you didnt use the hulu name.
    04-23-11 11:39 AM
    Call it "hurry" or similar. As in HUlu app for BlackbeRRY.
    04-23-11 12:47 PM
    the will reject it until you take the word Blackberry out of the title.

In the vendor portal you submit the name of the App before the actual app and it's says that it has already been accepted, so hopfully it will be fine, also name changes get processed a lot quicker than an actual App so I'm not worried about that at the moment, but if so I will call it something like 'Hula for the PlayBook' , I'll be sure to let everyone on CrackBerry know what ever happens.
    04-23-11 03:20 PM
    Does this app play regular Hulu content only or also the Hulu+ content I pay for?
    04-23-11 04:45 PM
    Does this app play regular Hulu content only or also the Hulu+ content I pay for?
    As I don't have Hulu or live in the us so have never actually used Hulu I am not totaly sure, I thought it would be fun to just see when it appears in the App world (I like suprizes to )

Sorry that I can't be more helpful although I think it may allowed Hulu + but there is no way to login, so this could be a problem, When I get some feedback I will work on improving it
    RNCracker likes this.
    04-23-11 05:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD