how to uninstall sideloaded apps? tried to do it by clicking trash icon but apps keep coming back after restart.
    11-07-11 02:39 PM
    The app, DDPB, that installs them, has an UNinstall mode.
    11-07-11 03:59 PM
    I usually do it by turning on the Homescreen edit view (press and hold any icon for 2 secs), then press the garbage icon beside the app I want to delete. It's worked for both PB apps and Android apps.
    11-07-11 04:08 PM
    The most effective (although not sure if this is really required) has been to use the Settings to access the uninstall within Andoid:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...4/#post6791804

then delete the icon from the PB main screen by pressing/holding and clicking on the trash icon (if the icon still shows on your main screen)
    speedypear and Tarssian like this.
    11-08-11 12:20 AM
    I don't see an uninstall mode.
    02-23-12 09:36 AM
    No it doesn't
    02-24-12 11:01 PM
    You're using an outdated version
    02-25-12 12:43 AM
    I sideloaded the kindle app and had to uninstall it when it froze. I used the uninstall button on DDPB. It erased the file from my Playbook and the Kindle icon from my home page.

I then restarted my Playbook, reconnected (in developer's mode) via USB to my computer and reloaded the Kindle app to my Playbook. It now works just fine and I'm ecstatic.

I've tried to click "thanks" on many of the posts showing the sideloading steps and linking to app, but I want to give a big thank you here to any I missed.
    02-25-12 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD