I know there'll be an official way when the Native SDK comes out, but I was just wondering if this is possible right now.

If I wanted to repack and sign the Android Player, how can I do this. All the signing apps/GUIs seem to be focused on a main 'swf' file whereas I want a main ELF (binary) file.
    08-19-11 10:21 AM
    There is "blackberry-nativepackager.bat" in the SDK's bin folder, that is used for signing native applications. However, you're going to have to do some major work to be able to sign that package with a RDK. Debug signing can be done, but actually doing a final signing on it is not so straight forward. If you continue to pursue it, you'll see what I mean.
    08-19-11 10:55 AM
    Yes, debug sign would be good enough. I see the native packager. Will try that and report results.

By the way, it seems you need to wipe Playbook to install Android Player again? Otherwise you get 'Error 1'. Is there a way around that? Maybe deleting all the Android files?
    08-19-11 11:12 AM
    No need to wipe, just delete the android player, wait 30 seconds, reboot the PB. When it comes back up you'll most likely have a ghost icon of it, delete it again, wait 30 seconds and do one more reboot.

After that you can reload the AP with no problem.
    08-19-11 02:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD