I can't seem to see any files or folders on my network....I see the server, and the media players, but no files.....only "root" and "empty folders" in the middle box.

My server is running Windows Server software, and I can see and play the media with various file explorer apps.

Do I need to install anything on the server? What am i missing?

Anyone?

Thanks, in advance.
    04-29-12 03:35 PM
    Anyone????
    04-29-12 08:09 PM
    You setup for file sharing? You on windows? If so go to control panel, then Network and Internet, then choose homegroup and sharing options.
    04-29-12 08:16 PM
    I'm already sharing...the problem with homegroup is that only windows 7 computers can be part of the homegroup. The playbook can't be included....and my server is XP Server 2003 which allows for sharing and even remote desktop.
    04-29-12 08:43 PM
    DLNA UPNP players needs a media renderer(video player), that app seems to be missing that function and its not pointing to the native video player either, and there aren't any 3rd party ones...so useless app?

Try StreamingNow, it's not DLNA but it does good work.
    05-09-12 02:40 PM
    Hi,
    I'm the main upnplayer developer and I have implemented all the upnp functions of this application. Note that we are working on improving the application and fix some bugs. I'd like to know if you already solved your problem and you still need any support.

Please, let me know what media server and media renderer are you using.

Thanks,
    Leandro.
    06-05-12 02:04 PM
    Hi,

I'm having a the same problem with Upnplayer at the moment. It can see, browse and access the MP4's on my Zyxel 310, but can't see a viable renderer.

I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for. Upnplayer has access to a PS3, 3 PC's with a variety of software media players and, of course, the Playbook but it does not recognise a renderer of any kind.

How do i make it do this?

Thanks.

T

Ps: The interface looks very nice indeed.
    06-06-12 06:06 PM
    Hi,
    You need to install a media renderer in your computer or have a DLNA TV and connect it to your local network.

Please, take a look at our website and in the video UPnPlayer 1.0 - YouTube to have an idea how the things work.
    06-07-12 11:41 AM
    This is a UPNP controller only.
    06-08-12 01:37 PM
    Hi,
    I'm the main upnplayer developer and I have implemented all the upnp functions of this application. Note that we are working on improving the application and fix some bugs. I'd like to know if you already solved your problem and you still need any support.

Please, let me know what media server and media renderer are you using.

Thanks,
    Leandro.
    Leandro,

i don't get how your UPnP Player works. I wanted to access my mp3 files on my Win 7 PC and play them on my PB. I have installed Logitech Media Server. The UPnP Player sees it as a media server. However, #2 on the interface says Choose a media renderer. Do i need to install another software on my PB to make me play the music?
    06-23-12 11:18 AM
    Hi,
    You need to install a media renderer in your computer or have a DLNA TV and connect it to your local network.

Please, take a look at our website and in the video UPnPlayer 1.0 - YouTube to have an idea how the things work.
    Sorry but the video is NOT helpful unless you enjoy distracting music. No explanations - have same problems as others. Win 7.0 sees only Root (empty folder). Have a number of Media players and recognizes non. It sees my TV as a media renderer. Video starts up assuming app sees server and renderer no explanation if doe not..
    11-30-12 07:01 PM
    The developer should provide a step by step guide for this application.I have a dlna TV but the app doesn't show it as a player. In fact nothing is shown on that side whilst the LH side shows the media files on my netbook. Why not? Nobody seems to be able to get this app to work.
    12-18-12 03:49 PM
    Hi,

I have all that but it is still a no go. I would also like to know what input the DLNA TV should be set to in order to use it as a renderer.
    12-18-12 04:04 PM
    Hi there,

I've been searching for a good app for my Playbook a long time to.

I also work with with a Twonky NAS Server @home (Sitecom). But there isn't much available for BB when it comes to media applications.
    I found 2 interessting programmes that can be usefull:

1. Plex media server > Plex - A Complete Media Solution
    Install the server software on your computer (or maybe, if possible on your QNAP)
    Make a My Plex account and you can stream your movies, pictures and music from any place in the world when you have a good internet connection.

2. KalemSoft Media > KalemSoft - Home
    This is a rather good media application with functions much a like Plex, but needs a little update by my opinion.

3. MovieSRTPlayer
    Use this programme for your external .srt files. It works great.
    When you have a movie.mkv file, make sure you change the extension to movie.mp4. Else the SrtPlayer won't see the files.
    After that it will also play the .mkv files with EXTERNAL .srt.

4. Problems when streaming video
    Most of my streaming video's are 720p or 1080p and i find it realy difficult to get the movies streams working propperly with both Plex and KalemSoft.
    They always play for a few minutes over the network, but after that the movies stop and they playbooks hangs ... or wathever it does...
    For music or pictures i never had any problems actually. It's something about the codecs and upnp functions that aren't working in a right way with streaming video files.

5. Playing your files directly from your playbook works much better!!!
    No problems at all. It can actually deal with MKV files 1080p level 4.1 with DTS. >>> Thats a SUPER+ for Playbook!
    It's a pitty the Playbook cannot natively select other files in the mkv/mp4 container.

6. Audio in movies
    If the audio from the movie won't play, because of it's extension (DTS, AC3 etc.) you could recode it to AAC 2.0 files. This Always works!

7. Lucky nr.7: Tips
    Use MKVToolNix for editing your .mkv files. When you like to work with .mkv, this is the best there is on the market!!! SUPER SOFTWARE for both PC and MAC!

Good luck!
    02-01-13 07:16 AM
    Hi I am using a laptop with windows media player 12 - upnplayer just shows root.

However when using my bold 9900 I can browse files.
    03-13-13 07:43 AM
    Hi I am using a laptop with windows media player 12 - upnplayer just shows root.

However when using my bold 9900 I can browse files.
    03-13-13 07:45 AM
    Folks,
    We are not supporting UPnPlayer for Playbook anymore. We are about to release re-worked version of it for BlackBerry 10.
    09-04-13 08:33 PM
    You really should get Kalemsoft Media Player. The developer is still loyal to the Playbook.
    09-05-13 05:46 AM
    I have to join the Kalemsoft bandwagon. Superb DLNA streaming. Streaming 1080p seems impossible for me even with a wifi-ac network. 720p is okay but still somewhat laggy. If you are watching on a playbook such resolution is wasted anyway.
    09-08-13 08:38 PM