I want to do a contest to help promote my games, but I'm a little green at this and not quite sure how to proceed.

Basically I want to have them play one of the games and the highest score wins the prize. But how would I handle security or cheaters? I was thinking they would have to video record the game for each entry, but that sounds like alot to ask for typical users. I'm also adding global scores to the games soon, but those could be compromised as well. Any other ideas?

btw..Would giving away a free PlayBook to existing PlayBook owners be acceptable as a prize?
    06-11-11 08:03 PM
    From your other thread
    ...BUT if you want to give away tee shirts or devices, or anything), you CAN do so from the CB front page via a blog entry (we LOVE contests) by contacting sitesupport(at)crackberry(dot)com.
    Basically I want to have them play one of the games and the highest score wins the prize.
    That would be quite the challenge. I think CB has their own way of doing these things.

I'm also adding global scores to the games soon
    I have been waiting for this , I just saw popcorn rush get updated today and was hoping to see high scores...(I don't know what was updated, only thing I see/notice different is ad on the main screen).

but those could be compromised as well. Any other ideas?
    You would need to implement some kind of hash encryption mechanism to verify data integrity. Google around you will find some information and possibly already implemented action script libraries etc.

Would giving away a free PlayBook to existing PlayBook owners be acceptable as a prize?
    You won't find me or anyone else complaining But going back to how contest is run, I am not sure how CB would do contest that is only for PB owners.

You might want to approach this differently...
    06-14-11 02:58 AM
    Just saw this, thank you so much for the replies. Much appreciated.
    06-15-11 08:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD