I can launch em, but how do I quit em? I'm collecting a long list of icons on my Andriod player window.
    02-27-12 06:41 PM
    Easy answer, you don't. You just swipe up and press x. Some people are advocating task killers and likely someone will reply telling you to install one. Dont do it. That was a now outdated way to use android and is now defunct.
    02-27-12 07:01 PM
    If you click on the X you kill the Android player and all the apps running in it. I was hoping there was a way to kill individual Android apps?

Am I missing something here?
    02-27-12 07:12 PM
    You can only have six apps listed at a time. Do you consider that a lot? And that's just a list of the last apps you ran. Same as the Recent Programs list on your Windows Start menu.
    02-27-12 07:15 PM
    You can only have six apps listed at a time. Do you consider that a lot? And that's just a list of the last apps you ran. Same as the Recent Programs list on your Windows Start menu.
    I'm just wondering if I can quit one Android or do I have to quit them all. What I am hearing here is that you have to quit them all. You can't just kill one. So, it I want to kill Kindle I end up killing Kindle, Latitude, LinkedIn and TapaTalk.

I then Have to restart Tapatalk which doesn't know where I was before quitting. Similarly, I have to restart Latitude and linkedIn or any other app and start over again.

Just seems strange. I hope I am missing something.
    02-27-12 07:26 PM
    Well, you don't have to close any of them. I side loaded the settings.bar file, and whenever I check the running apps, there's only whichever one I'm using at the moment. However, the settings app will allow you to force close apps if you need/want to.
    xindy likes this.
    02-27-12 07:53 PM
    I think if you keep hitting the back button it will take you to a pop up message asking you if you want to quit, which you would click, "yes".

The software, "button" you can use for fullscreen apps is swiping from the bottom bezel to the left bezel, right above the corner.

There are a few apps that run in the background even after you close the Android Player; Pulse for example, will run even after you exit, and continually scan for new feeds. It's a battery killer. I had to use the EX Launcher to kill the process.
    miata likes this.
    02-27-12 09:40 PM
    I think if you keep hitting the back button it will take you to a pop up message asking you if you want to quit, which you would click, "yes".

The software, "button" you can use for fullscreen apps is swiping from the bottom bezel to the left bezel, right above the corner.

There are a few apps that run in the background even after you close the Android Player; Pulse for example, will run even after you exit, and continually scan for new feeds. It's a battery killer. I had to use the EX Launcher to kill the process.
    Thanks. NOt a single step as I was hoping -- but does get the job done.

I'm still trying to figure if there is a way to get a list of running Andoid apps rather than just a list of "recent applications."
    02-28-12 02:08 PM
    Am I wrong here, but the only Android app that is running is the current one. If you are looking at the window with the last six apps, that means you are NOT running any Android apps.
    02-28-12 02:30 PM
    Am I wrong here, but the only Android app that is running is the current one. If you are looking at the window with the last six apps, that means you are NOT running any Android apps.
    Maybe "running" isn't the right word. I'm thinking more the Windows/Mac sense where you have multiple apps "open" at once. I want to be able to switch between Tapatalk and Pandora and not lose my context when I switch back. In that sense I want to know which Andriod apps are "open with context" -- Pandora with a channel selected, Tapatalk with a thread selected or Latitude with a map position.
    02-28-12 02:40 PM
    So it sounds like you want to know if the Android player handles multi-tasking. The Android OS doesn't, does it? If not, it won't in the player, either.
    02-28-12 03:20 PM
    The Android OS does have multi-tasking, but the Android Player we have does not. To multi task with Android apps, you need a launcher. I used the EX launcher to multi task. It also shows the list of running Android apps, for the OP.
    02-28-12 03:54 PM
    The Android OS does have multi-tasking, but the Android Player we have does not. To multi task with Android apps, you need a launcher. I used the EX launcher to multi task. It also shows the list of running Android apps, for the OP.
    From my perspective I am getting multitasking in the sense that I can switch between Android apps with context. I just can't tell which ones are "open" until I switch to them by clicking the icon.
    02-28-12 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD