Does anyone know how to put a previously purchased ebook from kindle 3 on to a playbook?
    04-21-11 08:28 PM
    Wait for Amazon to release Kindle for Playbook. Until then you are stuck.
    04-22-11 06:44 AM
    I'm hoping for this soon myself....

The reason I held off of buying a kindle unit was I knew the playbook was coming.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-11 10:03 AM
    Wait for Amazon to release Kindle for Playbook. Until then you are stuck.
    I predict a long wait depending on what happens with Android compatibility. It is a pretty badly kept secret that Amazon is working on their own tablet and they will likely try and keep the competition behind. B&N is probably in the same boat as they are in the ess of an update to the Nook Color that will make it more of a general use tablet.
    04-22-11 10:08 AM
    I sent an email to amazon asking about a possible release date for the app. They gave me a fairly nasty response that basically said they've already made the announcement and that they wasn't going to give any more information than that. I think I might just stick with this kobo app. They kind of ticked me off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-11 05:14 PM
    I've also sent Amazon and inquiry email, and from the response, I don't even think they are working on developing one.

That's too bad, I was really looking forward to having my kindle books on my Playbook. It almost makes me want to return the device until we get more third-party app support.

realistically, without useful and quality apps taking advantage of the QNX OS, the playbook is nothing more than a glorified mobile internet browser IMO.
    04-22-11 08:14 PM
    Supposedly, Kobo is at some point going to release an update fore the PlayBook app that will allow you to load ePubs on it. If you do a google search as to how to convert Kindle books to ePub, whenever Kobo finally releases the update, you'll have your Kindle books on there.
    04-22-11 09:38 PM
    youd need to strip drm and convert the file to a format like epub or pdf...mobileread is a good source of information for how to do this.
    Chris Bishop likes this.
    04-23-11 05:07 PM
    Hi every one. I recently found a website - Orangereader there you can download the file (available formats EPUB | FB2 | MOBI | LIT | DJVU | RTF | DOC | TXT | PDF) and then read it through any browser, even from your smartphone. By default, the buffer stores 10 pages, but in the settings this number can be increased to 500. Unfortunately, you cann't read the books from your device memory. But there is a feedback form, we can ask to write an app there would be ability to download books from the memory.
    04-23-11 08:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD