View Poll Results: how many apps are on your playbook

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • up to 10

    2 7.14%
  • up to 50

    8 28.57%
  • up to 100

    8 28.57%
  • up to 150

    5 17.86%
  • up to 200

    3 10.71%
  • over 200

    2 7.14%
  1. bitek's Avatar
    I have over 180 apps installed. I would say 40 percent of them are android apps. About 20 apps I use on regular basis, some of which are android based. Most of android apps are sideloaded. I would say that 80 percent of android apps work well with no issues. The other 20 percent needs fixing. Overall I am happy with android player on playbook. It is not perfect and honestly it needs updating. Os is not as stable as before and I find my playbook crashing more often. I am not sure if this is the issue with the player or if this is the issue with the way os2 was installed on my playbook. I suspect that the best way would be to wipe playbook and install os without any apps on it. Just like updating on windows does not work well and the best method is clean install
    03-26-12 10:02 AM
  2. Jean-luc_Picard's Avatar
    I have around 170 of them. I'd say that about 75% are games, since most "content" apps are perfectly fine in the browser.
    03-26-12 10:54 AM
  3. kbz1960's Avatar
    How do we know without counting. I don't have what it says I do unless it works like app world and each pic or file is counted as an app.
    03-26-12 11:38 AM
  4. grreyes24's Avatar
    How do we know without counting. I don't have what it says I do unless it works like app world and each pic or file is counted as an app.
    In Settings > About > General, it will say how many apps you have. Also the poll choices are a little off. Aren't the last two choices pretty much the same?
    03-26-12 11:46 AM
  5. madman0141's Avatar
    Most of my apps are for documents and photos. I also noticed I have fewer apps than I thought so it may be time to surf app store see what I missed.
    03-26-12 11:46 AM
  6. kbz1960's Avatar
    In Settings > About > General, it will say how many apps you have. Also the poll choices are a little off. Aren't the last two choices pretty much the same?
    Have you counted your icons and compared to what it says? I bet you have a lot less icons.
    03-26-12 11:52 AM
  7. Fusionkast's Avatar
    My playbook says I have 210 apps though in reality I only count 156 of them. My apps are split 50 / 50 between games vs the rest of the apps.
    03-26-12 12:26 PM
  8. Tomcat_Alley's Avatar
    92 apps, 6 in the bridge folder (dont know whether to count these)

    only 3 are android, which is Skype, Tumblr and Kindle. and Tumblr is the only one i use more than once a month and only then to upload photos, i use the seriously less functional Copious notes more often simply because its native

    Android Player sucks. because apps using it loose all the features that makes QNX great. you have the app open and you dont have a good QNX tablet you have a cheap android tablet, and if i wanted that, id have bought that.
    03-26-12 01:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD