So how many apps were present in app world yesterday? Anyone got a good count?
    04-20-11 09:16 AM
    I didn't do a specific count, but I would estimate it was about 250 - give or take. Nowhere near the 4,000 anticipated. A lot of the apps were junk and only applicable to people in Canada - some odd news apps etc. A few didn't even work - including one I paid for - just threw up java errors.
    04-20-11 10:17 AM
    I was holding out hope that a flip would be switched on launch day and all these awesome, big name apps (Skype, Google anything, first-party RIM apps we've come to love on BB, etc.) would suddenly be available! Oh well.

But yeah, where are the 3-4000 launch apps? Are they counting things that have been submitted and there's a big backlog because of submission close the launch day?
    04-20-11 10:31 AM
    I was holding out hope that a flip would be switched on launch day and all these awesome, big name apps (Skype, Google anything, first-party RIM apps we've come to love on BB, etc.) would suddenly be available! Oh well.

But yeah, where are the 3-4000 launch apps? Are they counting things that have been submitted and there's a big backlog because of submission close the launch day?
    yes they are, they said over 3000 apps, never said they were live, alot of devs could well be holding out to try on a device (a reasonable thing to do) and others could just be waiting for the signed versions of their apps to be re-approved

its only day 2, so i wouldnt worry much
    04-20-11 10:33 AM
    Someone posted yesterday that since playbook runs flash, there are over 1.5 million flash games, and apps online that you can use...and that does make sense. Flash opens up so much more that you can do, and they're free....
    04-20-11 10:37 AM
    I didn't do a specific count, but I would estimate it was about 250 - give or take. Nowhere near the 4,000 anticipated. A lot of the apps were junk and only applicable to people in Canada - some odd news apps etc. A few didn't even work - including one I paid for - just threw up java errors.
    i dont think 250.. i have 100 alone on my pb... ALL FREE and no i didnt download every single app in the app store, only the interesting ones i plan to check out.
    04-20-11 11:29 AM
    3000. that's what Jim said.
    04-20-11 12:00 PM
    3000. that's what Jim said.
    never said `live at launch` or `submitted` or `approved but not live` and theres a difference between em all lol
    04-20-11 12:03 PM
    i think there might be 100 if ur lucky... flash games are awful and glitchy.. specially the facebook ones...
    04-23-11 01:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD