first i didnt have the podcast app aswell.. and i searched everywhere to get it.. BUT! I FOUND IT..

HERE IS HOW I DID IT!:

-when i bought my pb it had os 1.0.7.2670(i think it was)
    -then i upgraded to the latest version 1.0.7.3312 : still no podcast app
    -then i upgraded to the dev version 2.0.x.xxxx : still no podcast app
    -then i DOWNgraded via the desktop manager all the way to the first version (1.0.1.1710) AND VOILA... there was te podcast app!!!
    (I downgraded because appworld was giving a paypal error, but i just had to re-enter my password)

but in version 1.0.1.1710 all your apps are not displaying..
    you would think by downgrading all you apps will be removed, but when you upgrade back to the latest os 1.0.7.xxxx all you apps will be back + the podcast app

so in short:
    -downgrade all the way back via desktop manager
    -upgrade back via the playbook in the settings menu

i think rim discontinued the podcast app because its not working anymore for me...
    its not showing any show to subscribe to...

EDIT: it is working now.. but not much content.. only Dilbert and some discovery shows cut scenes

let me know if this worked for you
    Last edited by mrjeff; 10-23-11 at 04:37 PM.
    laurah2215 likes this.
    10-23-11 04:11 PM
    That's awesome. Good for you! Thanks for sharing.
    10-23-11 04:13 PM
    Hi, to get the podcast app RIMS' server should recognise you as a US based customer. Use a US based proxy when updating your OS and not only podcasts but BB News, Slacker Radio and the Music store also show up I'm also assuming that more podcasts will show up when U use the same US proxy to download content.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-11 06:48 AM
    Hi, to get the podcast app RIMS' server should recognise you as a US based customer. Use a US based proxy when updating your OS and not only podcasts but BB News, Slacker Radio and the Music store also show up I'm also assuming that more podcasts will show up when U use the same US proxy to download content.

RubberBroke's right on this one. What I did is to wipe my device and use a US proxy when connecting via wifi. Doesn't matter what OS version you're on.
    10-25-11 08:26 AM
    Noob question.

I set my playbook up in the US and have the podcast icon. And the usual limited podcasts.

I checked under IP for my wifi connection and there's no proxy server entered.

Do I need to enter this manually, if so how do I select.

If not, then what happens when I travel and I want to get a podcast from outside the US ?
    10-25-11 09:02 AM
    Noob question.

I set my playbook up in the US and have the podcast icon. And the usual limited podcasts.

I checked under IP for my wifi connection and there's no proxy server entered.

Do I need to enter this manually, if so how do I select.

If not, then what happens when I travel and I want to get a podcast from outside the US ?
    Yes. You need to enter the proxy IP address and port manually.
    select your network under "Saved Networks'
    and then by clicking the checkbox marked 'Use HTTP Proxy'
    then enter the address in the field that is now selectable.
    save and reconnect

Just tested. No problems with downloading podcasts from outside US.
    Proxy needed only for install
    10-25-11 05:35 PM
    but which address doI put into the http proxy field?
    12-03-11 12:38 PM

Hmm thats weird ive had slacker and the podcasts in my appworld since 1.07 and 1.08 when I open podcasts it works fine.. there are thousands.. although I can only see 2 podcasts from crackberry and they just seem to be talking about android stuff.. not sure whats up with that. also are there suppose to be video podcasts ?? I havent really been into them much .. a bit when i first got a ipod touch and thought I watched video podcasts but could be wrong..

forgot to mention I am from eastern canada. didnt use any proxy settings to get these apps if that helps anyone I dont know heh
    Last edited by Alt-F4; 12-03-11 at 02:27 PM.
    12-03-11 02:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD