I wiped my playbook and updated to 1.0.5 yesterday. But after installion, I found no app world icon in my all app list. oh, without app world I can't insall app, my pb become useless.. who can tell my how to find my app world icon ,thx...
    06-08-11 02:17 AM
    A bber tell me ,if you security wipe your pb with os 1.0.5, the app world and music store also will be disappeared...RIM...so disappoint..
    06-08-11 04:29 AM
    See if you run the Options/Update mode, if it finds a small update that might include appworld.

Good luck
    Roiung likes this.
    06-08-11 08:00 AM
    See if you run the Options/Update mode, if it finds a small update that might include appworld.

Good luck
    Thank you very much ....but i had tried many times, no update found...RIM, I have no idea to it....
    06-08-11 08:53 AM
    Have you tried rebooting the Playbook and see if the Apps appear?

What country are you in? It may not have the AppWorld icon if Appworld is not available in your country.
    Roiung likes this.
    06-08-11 09:02 AM
    Have you tried rebooting the Playbook and see if the Apps appear?

What country are you in? It may not have the AppWorld icon if Appworld is not available in your country.
    China,AppWorld is avaliable in my country, it�s working well on my 8900. I had reboot several times,but nothings was found...Who can help me....
    06-08-11 09:16 AM
    China,AppWorld is avaliable in my country, it‘s working well on my 8900. I had reboot several times,but nothings was found...Who can help me....
    Is the Playbook available in your country? Did AppWorld for the Playbook ever work for you on the PlayBook?

If all else fails, you could try the debrick method for loading the OS using the Desktop Manager software, but once again, I don't know if that is available in China.

I also just noticed that some people are having problems running AppWorld and were told by Rim that the servers were down for yesterday and should be up today. AppWorld is working for me, so it may be problems with regional servers.

Robert
    Last edited by robsteve; 06-08-11 at 09:47 AM.
    Roiung likes this.
    06-08-11 09:30 AM
    Is the Playbook available in your country? Did AppWorld for the Playbook ever work for you on the PlayBook?

If all else fails, you could try the debrick method for loading the OS using the Desktop Manager software, but once again, I don't know if that is available in China.

I also just noticed that some people are having problems running AppWorld and were told by Rim that the servers were down for yesterday and should be up today. AppWorld is working for me, so it may be problems with regional servers.

Robert
    thx Rebert, but the debrick method also can't save my pb. In fact, I lose my app world icon because I used debrick method yesterday.
    06-08-11 10:06 AM
    It may just be related to the AppWorld outage or the country you are in not allowing AppWorld on the devices.

Did Appworld ever work for you on the Playbook in China?
    06-08-11 10:14 AM
    China?AppWorld is avaliable in my country? it�s working well on my 8900. I had reboot several times?but nothings was found...Who can help me....
    Just cause BB appworld works in your country does not mean PB appworld will.

Only way I can think of is to somehow get an IP for the usa and then redo the debrick method through the US IP.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Roiung likes this.
    06-08-11 10:16 AM
    Just cause BB appworld works in your country does not mean PB appworld will.

Only way I can think of is to somehow get an IP for the usa and then redo the debrick method through the US IP.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Maybe I dont think so, it seem as the downloading file "qcfm.os.desktop.factory.68368.249677.2304.47459.b wrap.signed.bar" is same as one use us ip, same name ,same size...but different result?
    06-08-11 10:26 AM
    While I presume that it did work - rather than guess - Someone asked but I'll repeat the question: Did appworld actually work on your PB before this failure?
    06-08-11 10:49 AM
    i have the same problem
    i think, Roiung and i are two pity men ,having playbook without app world.
    i hope someone else who have the same problem can give us some good ideas
    06-08-11 10:55 AM
    now,i download the laster version with DM,i hope it work!
    06-08-11 11:18 AM
    RIM's lost their minds. People are starving for an OS update, a mild one finally arrives and in under a day they monkey with their App World servers, without fully informing customers or tech support, and so folks don't know if it's their machine, a regional thing, if there's a fix, anything.

Crackberry is essentially a power user board, imagine the impact elsewhere, how people will respond when asked about Playbook reliability, support.

Reminds me of Dhell and other former great tech companies that bit by bit, year by year, atrophied their services and cut corners until web boards were filled with loathing, branding was lost, and market cap hemorrhaged.

We're right up on the holy noon hour spoken of in these forums though not by support or any RIM web information page, and my App World is still vapor. So even if they did say they needed until noon to ONE person who posted on ONE thread and has been ballyhooed about by the RIM pollyanna set, in but a few minutes that could well turn out to be as reliable as those "RIM told me the new OS is coming in fifteen minutes" posts.

Unsatisfied and unimpressed.
    06-08-11 11:52 AM
    i have the same problem
    i think, Roiung and i are two pity men ,having playbook without app world.
    i hope someone else who have the same problem can give us some good ideas
    What country are you in? Did AppWorld ever work on your PlayBook?
    06-08-11 12:40 PM
    Nobody knows?
    06-08-11 09:09 PM
    While I presume that it did work - rather than guess - Someone asked but I'll repeat the question: Did appworld actually work on your PB before this failure?
    Of course we can. Before 1.0.5 we can access app world and download free software or pay.
    06-09-11 02:08 AM
    Nobody knows?
    I just ran a debrick on my Playbook and after the restart, it then went to update the software and uploaded an additional 27mb. I assume the extra 27mb probably contains country specific software and may be why you lost some of the applications, such as AppWorld.

What country did you select on the initial setup screens? If it wasn't the country selection, it may be related to your IP address revealing your location and not having a country specific 27mb of apps to download.

Robert
    Roiung likes this.
    06-09-11 06:48 AM
    I just ran a debrick on my Playbook and after the restart, it then went to update the software and uploaded an additional 27mb. I assume the extra 27mb probably contains country specific software and may be why you lost some of the applications, such as AppWorld.

What country did you select on the initial setup screens? If it wasn't the country selection, it may be related to your IP address revealing your location and not having a country specific 27mb of apps to download.

Robert
    Thank you very very much..I think I know the reason..I only have an additional 10MB package to update after debricking, not 27MB. Maybe the reason is the IP address. And the size of debricked package "qcfm.os.desktop.factory.68368.249677.2304.47459.b wrap.signed.bar" is 879.503MB, same with me ?
    06-09-11 09:58 AM
    Sounds like you are out of luck until the PlayBook is introduced in your country.

You may want to search here for how they were dealing with it in the UAE. I think they were using a dedicated router to hook up to a proxy service which enabled a US IP for anything connected to that router. This may not be possible in your country. You will have to try searching locally or asking local users.

Robert
    06-09-11 10:30 AM
    Sounds like you are out of luck until the PlayBook is introduced in your country.

You may want to search here for how they were dealing with it in the UAE. I think they were using a dedicated router to hook up to a proxy service which enabled a US IP for anything connected to that router. This may not be possible in your country. You will have to try searching locally or asking local users.

Robert
    Thx...I will change another ISP to try again. You know, China is very different with UAE, I'm afraid your method can't be implemented. Still thank you. And , could you tell my the size of debricked package is 879.503 MB? Waiting for your answer...
    06-09-11 10:50 AM
    Thx...I will change another ISP to try again. You know, China is very different with UAE, I'm afraid your method can't be implemented. Still thank you. And , could you tell my the size of debricked package is 879.503 MB? Waiting for your answer...
    I found the package and it was the same size as yours. The second 27mb package would not be on my PC, since it was downloaded directly by the PlayBook.

Robert
    Last edited by robsteve; 06-09-11 at 11:33 AM. Reason: found it
    Roiung likes this.
    06-09-11 11:22 AM
    I found the package and it was the same size as yours. The second 27mb package would not be on my PC, since it was downloaded directly by the PlayBook.

Robert
    yep, i see. thx... i will try debrick again tomorrow..And i had transfered your answer to chinese blackberry forum. i think all of us will appreciate your answer.
    06-09-11 11:58 AM
    If, by some chance, the App World app is still actually installed on your PlayBook, but it's merely not showing the icon, you can still launch it.

Go to the browser. Enter an address of "appworld://" and hit Enter. It should immediately launch the App World app outside of the browser.
    06-10-11 10:51 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD