I just downloaded the Smart Office Lite app from AppWorld and I am wondering if it is just an Android app. Is there a way to tell if an app is running in the Android player? AppWorld doesn't seem to differentiate between native PlayBook apps and converted Android apps that run in an emulator.
    03-29-12 06:28 PM
    in app world, the screen capture should show the android OS icons either in the upper or lower parts.
    In the app per se, just do a bottom bezel swipe and check if the application window is named android player
    03-29-12 06:34 PM
    You look at screenshots and watch out for a phone looking indicator...or download it, open it up. Thats it
    03-29-12 06:35 PM
    Thanks

It seems the Smart Office is a native app, just not written to the PlayBook ui standards.
    03-29-12 06:41 PM
    Also, I found over 30 sound files in my file browser under music. They are all just a couple seconds long, from a music creation app. They are all instrument sounds...like snares, synthetic, hits etc. Shouldn't they have been deleted when I deleted the app that they came with? I think it was an android app.
    05-06-12 08:40 PM
    Also, I found over 30 sound files in my file browser under music. They are all just a couple seconds long, from a music creation app. They are all instrument sounds...like snares, synthetic, hits etc. Shouldn't they have been deleted when I deleted the app that they came with? I think it was an android app.
    Wrong thread, sorry!!!
    05-06-12 08:41 PM
    When you open the app and says "Initializing... please wait" - it's a Android app. Sometimes it's slow to load, and sometimes it quick and snappy.

Also try running 2 Android at once, and it will open in the same app window.

2.1 is suppose to allow multiple windows for Android apps.
    05-06-12 08:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD