Help Please - need to sync my two calendars onto my PlayBook (os 2).

I have 2 email accounts that I use, 1 is business (pop3), & 1 is personal (imap).
    Both email accounts have populated calendars.

Both email accounts are setup on domains that I own via an ISP (eg neither are yahoo, hotmail, or gmail; also I do not use an Exchange Server so do not have OWA).

On my BlackBerry Bold 9900 (and all previous BlackBerry Bolds) I can access both email and calendar from both accounts.

On my PlayBook (os 2) I can ONLY access the EMAIL from both of these accounts (and had to use the advanced function to set up both of them, to put in the correct server & port details....).

On my Playbook in Settings-Accounts I can see the three accounts I have added (the pop3 account, the imap account, & also my LinkedIn account) - but both the pop3 & imap accounts have "Email" written in grey underneath the account names, but nothing saying "Calendar".

How do I get these accounts to sync with the native calendar application?

I do not see any settings asking me whether I want to sync email, contacts, or calendar
    (http://crackberry.com/setting-accoun...ry-playbook-20) - are these settings only for gmail?

I have trawled the forums/threads and cannot find any information regarding this subject - apologies if the info has already been provided. If it has I would appreciate someone posting the link.

Of course, I could still use the Bridge (which I have been doing for the last 8 months), but can't use Bridge in Flight Mode....

Thanks - all help gratefully received.
    02-26-12 01:13 AM
    Update: New Calendar appts (both imap & pop3) are now showing in my pb native calendar

Following advice (from a colleague and fellow pb owner) I have backed up my pb, security wiped, and re-installed. NOW newly sent pop3 & imap calendar appts are showing in my calendar!

HOWEVER - none of my future calendar appointments (that were created prior to the OS2 upgrade) have been dragged into the PlayBook. Any ideas how to get these calendar appts into the PB?

Thanks, Alex
    02-26-12 02:55 AM
    I assume that what is showing up in your calendar are appts for which invitations were sent via email, and you accepted them on your Playbook?

I assume this because POP and IMAP are message transfer protocols only, NOT calendar sync protocols. There is no way for a POP or IMAP client to sync calendar events from a server, or to sync them back. (So the events you accepted on your Playbook will not sync back to the server; you'll have to accept the invites in each client whose calendar you want to contain the event.)

Now, there may be a way to implement two-way syncing via ICS, but I doubt it.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    02-26-12 03:48 AM
    Thanks for this

Yes - the appointments that are now showing up - are from new invitations sent via email (that I am accepting)

NOTE: before the security wipe and re-install even the new invitations were not showing up in the calendar

NOTE2: My pb has always been completely standard (no beta's, no sideloaded apps, etc)

Looks like I will have to go through my calendar and re-send to myself all the other future appointments.... oh joy!

Thanks for your explanation - much appreciated
    Last edited by BigAl_BB9900; 02-26-12 at 04:11 AM. Reason: typo
    02-26-12 04:09 AM
    Some mail servers also use the CalDAV standard for calendars (and the CardDAV standard for contacts) -- does your business email server do that? The PlayBook should be able to sync its calendar with a CalDAV server.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    02-26-12 10:46 AM
    Some mail servers also use the CalDAV standard for calendars (and the CardDAV standard for contacts) -- does your business email server do that? The PlayBook should be able to sync its calendar with a CalDAV server.
    This is correct; you can add a CalDAV account if you use the Advanced account setup.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    02-26-12 11:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD