03-24-11 11:08 PM
45 12
tools
    Here is a partial list (356 apps) of BlackBerry PlayBook Apps compiled from using Google Advanced Search options and also Apps seen on PlayBookdaily. Excludes "ebooks" and "metro" names.
    and thats only live apps, i know of at least 3 that arent on that list due to not being published yet
    03-23-11 05:19 PM
    Congrats! I'm not super interested in a lot of games for the PB, BUT that was one that I definitely was interested in! I'll gladly give you a few of my hard earned dollars.
    thanks while i havent fully settled on a price yet, it`ll be $2 max, i saw a scientific calculator app for $6 yesterday on there and then laughed when i saw its an option in the default calc app
    03-23-11 05:21 PM
    6 tic tac toes eh
    03-23-11 06:17 PM
    I bet there will be more Tic Tac Toe games...
    Pick and choose the best one you like I guess.
    haha.
    03-23-11 06:29 PM
    6 tic tac toes eh
    Better than 6 fart apps...
    03-23-11 08:05 PM
    lol true i guess it is
    03-23-11 08:18 PM
    If one looks at this blog post: BlackBerry PlayBook and future QNX-based BlackBerry Smartphones to run Android Apps too?! | CrackBerry.com is it possible that all previous Blackberry phone based apps will also run on the Playbook; expanding the offerings by a huge margin?

It would be like the iPad running Iphone apps (sort of). Since the Playbook has a Java Virtual Machine, one would think that perhaps the Playbook could emulate a Blackberry phone and run Blackberry phone apps in a smaller window.

Can anyone confirm or deny?
    03-23-11 09:26 PM
    If one looks at this blog post: BlackBerry PlayBook and future QNX-based BlackBerry Smartphones to run Android Apps too?! | CrackBerry.com is it possible that all previous Blackberry phone based apps will also run on the Playbook; expanding the offerings by a huge margin?

It would be like the iPad running Iphone apps (sort of). Since the Playbook has a Java Virtual Machine, one would think that perhaps the Playbook could emulate a Blackberry phone and run Blackberry phone apps in a smaller window.

It might be able to but I would never want it to do that. Most aren't worth it. They need good apps made for tablets. Android and iOS are the same. They can use apps meant for phones but they really do much better when made for the tabs.
    03-23-11 09:32 PM
    It might be able to but I would never want it to do that. Most aren't worth it. They need good apps made for tablets. Android and iOS are the same. They can use apps meant for phones but they really do much better when made for the tabs.
    I agree with you but when I got the iPad, I ran some iPhone apps while the Ipad apps started to accumulate. You could double the size and they looked "blocky" but it's a "bridging" measure so it doesn't look like the Playbook has a small number of apps on launch.
    03-23-11 09:37 PM
    Ahmen brother....remember!........drum roll please........this thing is POSIX compliant and not only that...but POSIX certified....LOOK OUT.....because what 99.5% of people tend to forget is we are going to have desktop programs ported!!! That's freakn' huge!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Seriously? On the one hand, that sounds cool, on the other hand, it reminds me of Microsoft, trying to cram desktop style OSs on to mobile products - it's impressive it has the horsepower to run desktop programs, but on a portable device with a 7 inch screen it could be frustrating too. Even on 10 inch tablets like the ipad I don't think word processing much of a compelling experience.
    03-24-11 03:32 PM
    Really. As long as I have one REALLY GOOD fart app, I'll be happy!

:-D

Later,
    B.
    03-24-11 05:59 PM
    I think you guys miss the lone frat app in that list, "Fart Button", so one made it to the party.
    03-24-11 06:10 PM
    OK, android apps on PlayBook has been confirmed.

shall we start the discussion again
    03-24-11 06:10 PM
    yes....now no one can make the fart app comments because BB has them all too
    03-24-11 06:14 PM
    My mind's been made up now. Even though I've already bought a slate style computer, I'll be getting a playbook too. I don't care what my wife says!
    03-24-11 06:14 PM
    oh yes my game just got approved less than an hour ago (yea im still smiling)

PlayBook Daily has a fair few apps and stuff on there, alot of stuff isnt live yet though, i personally think there will be comments on the ammount of apps in the earnings call tomorrow. i know if i was an investor that would be my question, so it should be worth a listen
    Thanks for the PlayBook Daily link
    03-24-11 06:39 PM

I guess this is confirmed now and then some
    03-24-11 06:41 PM
    There's one in here

insisting his ipad can watch youtube videos on the desktop site and stuff about the PB being terrible
    I hate people speaking crap like that. The playbook release is, what, 2 weeks after it was first unveiled, why would anyone ***** about the launch date? Also, it will sell 30 million in the first 2 months on the market. Customers benefit from the rich ecosystem of high quality applications ready to go on day one.

When you type youtube.com into the address bar on a crappy ipad, the whole tablet crashes, and is bricked, never to be used again. It's actually impossible to see any videos in the web browser on on ipad. Nothing much works on it except for fart apps, that's all you can run on ipad anyway, and all it's good for. This is why the Playbook will beat it so handily, that and the launch, which was the most well executed of any product in history.

Mike Lazaridis is a man who shows respect for RIM customers, even those who have concerns or frustrations, and he answers questions directly. The Torch is the best phone ever made (After the Storm), also RIM has the highest customer satisfaction ratings , not just of mobile phone customers, but from all people everywhere. This is a cutting edge company that 'gets it'.
    03-24-11 10:34 PM
    I hate people speaking crap like that. The playbook release is, what, 2 weeks after it was first unveiled, why would anyone ***** about the launch date? Also, it will sell 30 million in the first 2 months on the market. Customers benefit from the rich ecosystem of high quality applications ready to go on day one.

When you type youtube.com into the address bar on a crappy ipad, the whole tablet crashes, and is bricked, never to be used again. It's actually impossible to see any videos in the web browser on on ipad. Nothing much works on it except for fart apps, that's all you can run on ipad anyway, and all it's good for. This is why the Playbook will beat it so handily, that and the launch, which was the most well executed of any product in history.

Mike Lazaridis is a man who shows respect for RIM customers, even those who have concerns or frustrations, and he answers questions directly. The Torch is the best phone ever made (After the Storm), also RIM has the highest customer satisfaction ratings , not just of mobile phone customers, but from all people everywhere. This is a cutting edge company that 'gets it'.
    1.) The PlayBook release is not 2 weeks after the unveiling.

2.) RIM will not sell 30 million PlayBook tablets in the first 2 months on the market.

3.) You're probably correct about the apps. With all the developers that have submitted and the new announcement that the PlayBook will be able to run all 200,000 Android applications and the announcement that 25,000 BlackBerry Java apps will be supported. That really is a rich ecosystem of applications avaliable.

4.) YouTube.com should not crash the Safari browser or the iPad itself in any iOS version 3.2-4.3. If it does, i would reccommend resetting the device, restoring via iTunes, or contacting Apple Support here.

5.) I believe more than only fart apps work on the iPad, i witnessed a student next to me in class using Angry Birds, a dictionary app, and note pad. Again, if these are not working on your iPad i would reccommend resetting the device, restoring via iTunes, or contacting Apple Support here.

6.) That's not why the PlayBook will beat the iPad. The PlayBook will beat the iPad because of its true tablet multitasking OS and professional approach to the design and software building on the device.

7.) As for Mike L., that is going to be a per-user opinion.

8.) As for the Torch, that is also a user-opinion. That's great that you truly enjoyed that device.

9.) I'm not sure that Research in Motion has the highest customer satisfaction of "not just of mobile phone customers, but from all people everywhere". You may want to cite your source. Also it is impossible that all people, everywhere would be able to offer an opinion based on; 3rd world countries, babies, and societies withdrawn whether self done or how they've been living not never hearing about any technological data.

10.) "This is a cutting edge company that 'gets it'" is a user opinion, however with the PlayBook, phones with 6.1 and the QNX phones in 2012 they are getting it.
    Last edited by dsquared2; 03-24-11 at 10:58 PM.
    03-24-11 10:55 PM
    My app was on that list a few posts back (its KeepUp, but until I get a test device it will continue to be lame). Once revs have playbooks to test with instead of a sim, expect apps to get cranked out at a much higher quality. Also, the playbook will have quake I think. They announced a couple game studios that are planning games for the pb today I think. Ill look for a link when I'm on a laptop instead of a Zune hd. Let's not forget about docs to go preloaded for the productivity side of things. Also, you request apps to create media. I'm actually working on an app where the user creates media content, but I can't give too much away until its close to a beta release. Its not about recording video or making music though, which seemed to be your main focus. Sorry
    Basically, I think that the playbook will have an app for just about anything you want to do shortly after release, especially after the summer when android java and native support gets thrown into the mix. (native SDK is available to big companies already, but not you avg 3rd party dev).
    Edit: this thing put in smiley faces where They weren't wanted and won't go away when I edit. I'd put an angry face here, but I'm afraid what will come out.

Posted from my Zune HD at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by mynameisme; 03-24-11 at 11:11 PM.
    03-24-11 11:08 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD