How do I widen a column when using Sheet to Go on the Playbook? I can select the column and drag the pointers to a desired spot but it just automatically just selects the column next to my original column and I cant see a way to complete the task.
    05-17-11 01:18 PM
    Has no one tried to widen a column using Sheets to Go on the Playbook?
    05-17-11 02:39 PM
    Hmm.. Dug though help and watched video.. options seem pretty basic. Don't see a way to do it so far. Let us know if you figure out a way!
    05-17-11 03:16 PM
    I ran into a case where i needed to add a row and couldnt seem to do that either.
    05-17-11 03:36 PM
    It is a pretty pitiful version of the application. Really, about the only thing you can do it add data to existing cells. You cannot copy a cell or block of cells. You cannot widen cells. It is a very limited application.
    05-17-11 03:57 PM
    You have to right click.

Just kidding. It's half-baked at best.
    05-17-11 04:32 PM
    Ah OK I thought I was going nuts. Oh well I am sure that it will get better with updates.
    05-17-11 09:44 PM
    I would have responded to your post, but I thought, "tried and failed" wouldn't be helpful. This is no gnat of a bug, as it stopped me in my tracks in trying to create a spreadsheet. The RIM videos are nice and well done as far as they go, but at some point there has to be some instruction or more detailed help sources.
    05-17-11 11:16 PM
    I would have responded to your post, but I thought, "tried and failed" wouldn't be helpful. This is no gnat of a bug, as it stopped me in my tracks in trying to create a spreadsheet. The RIM videos are nice and well done as far as they go, but at some point there has to be some instruction or more detailed help sources.
    Or a more useful app!
    05-17-11 11:20 PM
    Well the 2nd upgrade gave it the ability to edit fonts so I'm hoping subsequent edits will let you do the stuff you need to do on a spreadsheet like add in formulas, widen columns/rows, add in columns and rows. Perhaps it will not be able to create pie chart graphs etc., but just a little more functionality would be appreciate... oh well... hopefully it'll come soon or I'll have to create and build spreadsheets on my computer and then port it over to my PB to work on it.
    05-18-11 12:17 AM
    LOL, i thought it was only me that couldn't add columns!
    pretty limited on what you can do.

even formulas, i have to actually type in the formula, it doesn't allow me to click/touch the cells i want in my formula...such a pain.

i guess its only good if you want to do simple math.
    when's the next update????.....waiting patiently
    05-18-11 06:54 AM
    yeah, i mount the PB drive onto my macbook via the USB cable and make edits in excel, then save it back to the PB file. bites that i have to do this. waiting for the next update too...
    05-18-11 01:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD