Im brand new to playbook.. how EXACTLY do i get OS 2.0 & the android apps onto the playbook??
    02-05-12 01:13 PM
    You wait 1-2 weeks . Sorry!

Keep it. You won't regret it.
    02-05-12 01:19 PM
    In an update coming soon. Depending on software skills, probably worth waiting for the polished version.
    02-05-12 01:20 PM
    You set your PB to development mode then sideload the bar file usind DDPB.
    02-05-12 01:23 PM
    how do i set it to development mode?
    02-05-12 01:56 PM
    at this point its not worth going to the dev beta.. just wait for the official release. It will be very soon
    02-05-12 02:00 PM
    and once the OS 2.0 is released i can go on the android market site & download the apps?
    02-05-12 03:02 PM
    and once the OS 2.0 is released i can go on the android market site & download the apps?
    The straight answer is maybe. Details are not yet available but the thought is yes. We shall see once the OS is out for one and all to use. Then we will have all the final details of the release.
    02-05-12 03:21 PM
    The straight answer is maybe. Details are not yet available but the thought is yes. We shall see once the OS is out for one and all to use. Then we will have all the final details of the release.
    Really?
    I thought the details were out long ago that you couldn't just go to the Android market and download what you want.
    As far as I know, Android apps have to be submitted to App World and downloaded from there just like any other app (if we're talking officially).

Someone correct me if I am wrong.
    KermEd likes this.
    02-05-12 03:31 PM
    Yeah no straight through. RIM wants developed to verify and push through their apps using Appworld for a bunch of reasons.

Mostly its because only 50 percent of apps work (javabuildonly and airbuildonly). And because they would have no control over content and piracy of apks.
    02-05-12 04:10 PM
    I've seen reports that the registration links for beta stopped working. That's for the best in my book.

Wait a few weeks OP... You can do it if we (early adopters) can.
    KermEd likes this.
    02-05-12 04:20 PM
    I've seen reports that the registration links for beta stopped working. That's for the best in my book.

Wait a few weeks OP... You can do it if we (early adopters) can.
    https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/...et20/register/
    02-05-12 10:06 PM
    Title edited, and thread moved to Android App Sideloading
    02-05-12 10:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD