I just got my Playbook in the mail.

How do I download Android Apps (such as angry birds) to my playbook?

I searched the BB app world, and I couldnt find any android apps.

Could someone give me step by step directions?

sorry, im a newbie
    12-17-11 12:39 AM
    To run droid apps you need to be running OS2 beta on your PB.

Are you running the OS2 beta or a 1.0 version?

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry.
    12-17-11 01:42 AM
    I just got my Playbook in the mail.

How do I download Android Apps (such as angry birds) to my playbook?

I searched the BB app world, and I couldnt find any android apps.

Could someone give me step by step directions?

sorry, im a newbie
    There are many threads in the PlayBook forums and there is a forum dedicated to the subject. However, the main requirement is that you download and install a beta OS meant only for developers (so they can test their apps.) So caveat emptor. Also, speaking of buyers and being aware, you would need to take some serious liberties with certain legalities, unless the author of Angry Birds has packaged a version of the app for use on PlayBook.
    12-17-11 12:38 PM
    There are many threads in the PlayBook forums and there is a forum dedicated to the subject. However, the main requirement is that you download and install a beta OS meant only for developers (so they can test their apps.) So caveat emptor. Also, speaking of buyers and being aware, you would need to take some serious liberties with certain legalities, unless the author of Angry Birds has packaged a version of the app for use on PlayBook.
    Wait. So it is illegal for me to download the OS2 and sideload android apps?

it is even safe for me to download the os2?
    12-17-11 03:15 PM
    Wait. So it is illegal for me to download the OS2 and sideload android apps?

it is even safe for me to download the os2?
    Thank you for you questions because I've been dying to go into some detail on these matters.

No, it is not in any way illegal to download OS2 and install an Android app provided that you have the author's permission. If it happens to be a free app, some would consider it to be a grey area and worth the risk of installing the app. Others would have a concern because the process may require that you digitally sign someone else's work of art. If you feel comfortable doing this then go ahead - but as a developer, I would ask you, if you please, not to distribute your derivative work.

Your question about safety is interesting and demonstrates that you need to explore the forums a bit more. May I suggest clicking the sticky entitled "Sideloading Android Apps" or some such (at the top of this forum) and have a good read. Have fun and good luck.

EDT: I feel obliged to write a weather report: The sky at dusk in Toronto is absolutely clear (for a change) and both Venus and Jupiter are shining brightly. Venus will be setting soon but Jupiter will be with us for most of the night. Get out and enjoy - and you don't need an app for that.
    Last edited by BuzzStarField; 12-17-11 at 04:08 PM.
    12-17-11 03:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD