I want to keep my pb app world clean

as in not have the uninstalled apps listed.

how can i do this?

i appreciate all the help..
    01-22-12 03:08 PM
    Once you delete the apps from your phone they won't be listed. If you are talking about appworld you vcant just delete them because you paid for them and may want them back at some point.
    01-22-12 03:09 PM
    some of them were free. i installed as a trial if you will and am 100% sure i wont use them again.
    and those ones are not on my phone, just on my PB.

still nothing i can do???
    01-22-12 03:25 PM
    Maybe this will be an option in the future ,however i do know there is an option to "hide" them via appworld from the phone.Try hiding from your phone and see if it sync's over to the playbooks appworld.MY appworld list on my phone also shows my playbook apps but i have not tried the method i just mentioned yet so good luck.
    01-22-12 03:36 PM
    Ah, the hazards of the mobile format. We don't see which forum its listed on in the list. I did not see that until just now after reading your comment and going to the top of this thread to view my apoliges. Hopefully someone will be along to help out as I do not own a playbook yet.
    01-22-12 03:37 PM

how can i do this?

Nah, no dice. It's on the PB long term for now. I wouldn't be surprised if you can get ahold of rims appworld.blackberry.com billing group to see if it can be removed from the backend. But no promises on that.
    01-22-12 03:42 PM

how can i do this?

As said, you can't. They are tied to your Blackberry ID, not specifically your Playbook.

If it bothers you that much, you can create a new BBID and then use that on your PB. Since there are no "Uninstalled Apps" on the new account, the list should clear.
    01-22-12 03:55 PM
    But with a new BBID you will lose your active apps.
    01-22-12 03:58 PM
    But with a new BBID you will lose your active apps.
    I've switched back and forth on my 9800 and 9000 with no issue.

Oddly, I get a "Username is already in use" message when I try to use my other one. I'll have to tinker with this a bit more.
    01-22-12 04:19 PM
    I've switched back and forth on my 9800 and 9000 with no issue.
    You can switch back and forth on the PlayBook "with no issue" too, provided you don't consider it an issue that you need to do a security wipe to change the BBID... ;-)
    01-22-12 04:48 PM
    You can switch back and forth on the PlayBook "with no issue" too, provided you don't consider it an issue that you need to do a security wipe to change the BBID... ;-)
    Well, THAT I would mind!

Based on what I've found so far, looks like RIM took that away with a recent App World update. I recall it asking to update BBID too and I said Yes. I can see where I can "update" my ID but that keeps my PIN synched to the same account, just with a different email.
    01-22-12 06:25 PM
    The only current option is to try not to worry about it. There's really nothing you can do besides: Don't open the Uninstalled Apps list.
    01-22-12 06:48 PM
    They are tied to your Blackberry ID, not specifically your Playbook.
    That totally makes sense, and explains why device apps show on the PB and vice versa.
    01-22-12 07:38 PM
    I was wondering the opposite. I was afraid my paid apps would not show on my new pb and found out it did.
    01-22-12 07:44 PM
    There should be a way to go into App world and delete any unwanted appps. I know there isn't but it would be nice to go in after deleting an app and have the option to permanently erase it.
    ralfyguy and cowpantswow like this.
    01-22-12 07:54 PM
    Yeah, I've wished I could clear out the apps I know I won't want to reinstall but no dice. Just a small annoyance I guess.
    01-22-12 08:37 PM
    You're so right, you know when you wipe your PB and want to reinstall, its such a pain in the neck to have to search through all the app mistakes you made, i've got so many in my uninstalled list it would be great to get rid of the ones you know you will never use!
    01-25-12 03:14 PM
    You're so right, you know when you wipe your PB and want to reinstall, its such a pain in the neck to have to search through all the app mistakes you made, i've got so many in my uninstalled list it would be great to get rid of the ones you know you will never use!
    agreed, makes me wonder if there is lingering code left behind after an install too.
    01-25-12 03:19 PM
    What's even worse is trying to search through uninstalled apps on a BB. At least the PB version of App World only shows PB apps. I must have 60 apps I tried for the PB and deleted. Now they all show up in App World on my BB in addition to the uninstalled BB apps. It's a mess. I even spent about an hour deleting them using my BB. Was really happy until I did a restart and they all returned.
    01-25-12 05:29 PM
    Yes, AppWorld needs more than the ability to delete uninstalled apps. See here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ements-691591/
    01-25-12 05:44 PM
    There should be a way to go into App world and delete any unwanted appps. I know there isn't but it would be nice to go in after deleting an app and have the option to permanently erase it.
    I believe it was once reported as being on their list of "we plan to do this" that a user could at least "hide" some apps, and have them simply not show up under normal conditions.

I assume that's seen as simplifying some of the complexity associated with a system where you could truly delete stuff... since then you have to cope with users who screw it up and then say "wait, I never really wanted to delete that. RIM sux!" or those who say "I didn't delete it, it did that on its own, RIM sux!" or those who say "I delete it but changed my mind why does RIM not let me get it back easily RIM sux!"

(I could see this argument not working for free apps... but for the paid ones there's certainly merit to it.)
    01-25-12 06:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD