Hi,
    After exhausting all support articles on blackberry forums I am stuck with free apps on my playbook. I want to buy apps but I get the stupid 580036 error when using paypal or the "authorization failed" error when trying credit cards. I also have a Curve 9320 on wich I succeded in buying Tapatalk but no ideea how to buy apps on playbook.
    Blackberry support is useless, they keep sending me to KB articles wich does not work.
    Do you guys have any ideea what can I try on my playbook ?
    I know this subject has been discussed in the past but please go along with me, I did not find a solution in months.
    07-13-13 07:15 PM
    07-13-13 07:24 PM
    Have you already tried searching the CB Forums for that error number? Or maybe the BB user forums?
    07-13-13 07:25 PM
    Offcourse I tried every methods posted here and on other forums, in fact in the last month trying to fix this bug is the only thing I used my playbook for, this is absolutely unacceptable for such a product !
    I started considering other platforms since RIM don't give a damn about this serious bugs that seems to occur more on tablets used in countries where paypal is only available with direct charging or credit/debit cards, that is at least the whole Europe.
    I spent days providing them all the info needed but I only got links to the KB articles wich don't work.
    I also bought a Curve and BIS plan and now I got two toys, if only I knew !
    07-13-13 09:28 PM
    I understand your upset. It must be very frustrating.
    But telling us you've tried "methods" is not helpful.

Please outline very briefly what you have tried so those with expertise can suggest other solutions for you.
    07-14-13 12:24 AM
    07-14-13 12:27 AM
    I finally succeeded !

By all methods I mean steps found in all topics that contain the error code I received, I cannot remeber everything I did but anyway, this is how I got my app world working.

First, I got with a PC webbrowser in paypal account and deleted all preaprooved payments listed from RIM due to unsuccessful attempts to buy apps.
    Still on a pc web browser I went to blackberry app store and logged in with my account, then payment options, paypal, modify, entered my paypal email and password and after that I was redirected to a paypal custom page asking me to approve RIM for a preaprooved payment. On that page I made sure my secondary funding source is my credit card, it is left none or blank by default. the primary one is paypal balance by default and it seems you cannot change it. I finally clicked Aproove and a confirmation email followed instantly from paypal.
    After that I made sure that my credit card is allowed for use on Internet transactions without the use of CVV2, this is an option I can enable or disable in my Internet Banking account for my credit card, you should check for this option with your bank. Nothing worked before I enabled this option, I use my cards for Internet purchases and ebay for years but this only seems to have something with RIM.
    Anyway, I recommend logging in from a PC into BB app world and creating the preaprooved payment in paypal from there the select proper secondary funding source, it seems something is wrong with the automated process of this for us guys in Europe wich do not have the option to add funds to paypal balance but instead are charged automatically from attached credit or debit cards.
    Sorry for my crappy writing ! I hope this helps someone !
    FF22 and dmlis like this.
    07-15-13 06:56 PM
    Make sure to change your Paypal password OFTEN and use a random character password generator or you will be sorry. Never Trust Paypal.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 2
    07-21-13 12:45 PM
    Interesting...
    I had somewhat different (but also frustrating) experience with the same "580036 error".
    AppWorld tried to charge wrong card through my Paypal account. I have assigned new card as primary in Paypal profile and it worked flawlessly with all other services, but AppWorld "insisted" on charging the old one.
    After I tried all options listed on this forum and on BB support pages to no avail, I changed payment method from Paypal to bank card.
    No problem since then...yet.
    07-22-13 12:44 PM