Not a(nother) web app, a real honest-to-goodness native stand-alone dictionary that can be used offline. This to me seems like an ideal tablet app. I would much rather pay for one of these than use those ad-bloated web sites, or a supposed dictionary 'app' that's just a front end for a web look-up. Blegh.

Devs? TAT?? Anyone??!
    catwoman66, Spencerdl and sagec like this.
    03-25-12 12:45 PM
    I second that, there is absolutely nothing, and the ones that I've seen are cr*p
    03-25-12 01:59 PM
    For an offline dictionary you would need are relative big database. Thats the reason most devs will use an online service. Get me a good database and I get you the app.^^
    (And get me a good designer and it will look good xD )
    03-25-12 02:43 PM
    I could definitely use a good stand alone dictionary just look at my posts and you'll know why.
    03-25-12 03:26 PM
    For an offline dictionary you would need are relative big database. Thats the reason most devs will use an online service. Get me a good database and I get you the app.^^
    (And get me a good designer and it will look good xD )
    Well then, let the search for a good dictionary database begin!
    03-25-12 03:33 PM
    Simple offline dictionary is available on app world. Needs a bigger database but usable.
    03-25-12 06:41 PM
    Simple offline dictionary is available on app world. Needs a bigger database but usable.
    sleepngbear likes this.
    03-25-12 06:56 PM
    Never saw that one before. Will Give it a shot.
    03-25-12 08:51 PM
    Dictor is a native & offline dictionary for playbook. You'd have to download Stardict format dict or text dict by yourself and then you can start querying.
    03-27-12 03:03 PM
    Dictor is a native & offline dictionary for playbook. You'd have to download Stardict format dict or text dict by yourself and then you can start querying.
    Will give it a try when I get in range of a wifi signal.
    03-27-12 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD