Has anyone tried converting Honeycomb apps into bar files?

Will ICM apps work in the future?

I know that they originally announced only gingerbread, but what's the difference with the other two?

If anyone's taking a request, please convert the Bloomberg app!
    10-22-11 05:33 PM
    I'm not an expert, but Honeycomb source was not shared freely by Google, so I don't think RIM has access. Ice cream sandwitch is supposed to be open source, though. I'm not sure that RIM should update the player to support ice cream sandwitch, though - because the android player is just a crutch to help with the low app count
    10-23-11 08:57 AM
    ...because the android player is just a crutch to help with the low app count
    I think that the player is indeed, a tactical move to increase app count as quickly as possible. But, far more important, I think it is also a strategic goal to bring more developers to the platform. Apps that run in the player are by no means second class citizens of the ecosystem. A casual user would not notice the difference between an Android app and a native AIR or NDK app. By increasing the choices available to developers, RIM hopes to remove the barriers that have, up to now, driven them to other platforms.
    Last edited by BuzzStarField; 10-23-11 at 10:00 AM.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-23-11 09:39 AM