Ok, so I'm posting this after I've successfully installed my first App using the DDPB Installer doing some sideways thing a ma bobber and I've got to say MAN THAT WAS EASY.

A little about myself and my PB. I purchased my Playbook late August last year. I waited that long after release to see if some of the bugs would get worked out. My main purpose for the PB was to take pictures at work and to use the PB to show clients videos of the type of work we do. After all it's some high res video. I've taken a tone of pictures and some good videos but haven't gotten around to editing them.

It's also a good unit to view my daily appointment sheets sent from the office in PDF file format. Also we are now able to start doing estimates via email because clients are sending us pictures and the office can then forward those emails to me and I can view the pictures on the PB. All the other stuff that comes with it is bonus for me. I've read all about what wasn't added or what's missing or this app or that app and bla, bla, bla, bla, but for me...I didn't need any of that. In fact I still don't. I've played around with a friends iPad and it was great fun. I'm sure other tablets are just as fun.

Then the prices dropped and I took that opportunity to buy another 64GB for a co-worker who will be doing the same type of job description as I'm doing. Sending pictures via the BBM was another bonus.

It erks me to hear what people think about RIM and the troubles they're in. I mean...REALLY? But that's not what this post is about. But then again, maybe it is because what people don't know is how great this little piece of technology is to my work and to my workers. There may be a lot still missing and when it arrives...BONUS FOR ME...but for now it has helped my business and is a great tool to use. I've made thousands of dollars in sales because I take out this little glass windowed object out of my pocket and start talking about the process of our work and show some pictures and the clients are always blown away. Imagine when I get around to editing those videos and they'll be able to see the process in HD? WOW.

Now I've got my PB all organized with folders and it's perfect. Maybe it would be nice to have other stuff to organize things a little more in the picture department (for slideshows) but then again, now that I can get some Apps, I'm going to see what I can find.

So thanks RIM. Thanks Crackberry gang and thanks to the folks that make the Apps.

Things are good.

Marc
    02-22-12 06:14 PM
    Great post, I couldn't agree more
    02-22-12 06:44 PM
    ...and it keeps getting better...just wondered over to App World and saw that Modern Combat 2 Black Pegasus HD AND Asphalt 6 Adrenaline HD are FREE
    02-22-12 07:02 PM
    So which app did you sideload?
    02-22-12 07:06 PM
    So far I've got Latitude, Textfree, Gallery, PicsArt and Pho.toLabPro.

I haven't played around with them that much and I'm not even sure if they'll be any use to me, but the fact that it was so easy to get them gives me the confidence to search for more and to give others a try. That's why I wandered over to App World and saw those two free games.

I guess I don't wander around that often...gotta get out more...hehehe

02-22-12 07:32 PM

Maybe it would be nice to have other stuff to organize things a little more in the picture department (for slideshows) but then again, now that I can get some Apps, I'm going to see what I can find.
    Great post, thanks!

For now, you can do this in explorer. Not as easy, not as fun, but works well.
    02-22-12 07:35 PM
    Thanks for the positive post, stories like this are always great to read. There is sooooo much to be done with a PlayBook......instead of complaining about what it doesn't have. Thanks again
    02-22-12 07:43 PM
    Great post, thanks!

For now, you can do this in explorer. Not as easy, not as fun, but works well.
    Explorer? Explain?

When I first got my BB phone I used that for organizing my photos and putting them in separate folders (depending on the type of work I wanted to show off) so that it was easy to access and I would be able to start a slideshow and hand over my BB and the client would be able to view all the pictures. With the PB you can image what a difference that makes.

When I search "Explorer" in App World I get quite a few items to look at. What exactly do you mean?

<EDIT> Is the Explorer you're talking about the File Explorer for PB by XLabz Technologies Pvt Ltd? I just got File Expert from the Android app and I'm trying it now. I also saw Files and Folders by Innovatology for $2.99. I have no problem paying for an app if it's going to do what I need it too do.
    Last edited by Injection Classique; 02-22-12 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Might have figured it out...lol.
    02-22-12 08:06 PM
    Sorry, I meant explorer on your PC.
    Plug in, create folders and arrange photos, etc.

I do have that app, and love it.
    Also love air browser.
    02-23-12 01:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD